We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Kin Neighborhoods?

Hello!

So, I play on the server Landroval, I am the leader of a small kinship.

We have about 6 members, but we have various alts to keep it from being disband.

We all bought houses in the same neighborhood, and that got me thinking.

Would it be a good idea to have kin neighborhoods? Like if a kin wanted to own all the houses and kin houses in the neighborhood they could pay out a certain price? and this wouldn't just buy out that housing instance, it would create another one named after the kin.

Then they could have all the kin houses in the neighborhood, and the people could pick what houses they wanted, as long as a higher ranked person approved.

Also, say if a kin has bought houses and a Kin house in a neighborhood, they could pay the price for the rest of the houses and transferred to their own housing instance.

Just an idea, tell me what you think.

It would be nice, however, the housing hasn't been updated since it was introduced years ago. In a way, my kin and I have found a way around it. We all bought a house in an emptier hood in the Shire homesteads and then bought a kin house in the same hood. Now, not everyone in the kin has a house in that hood, but last time I checked a good portion of that hood has members from our in kin it. Best way to work around it, that I have found, at least.
    [URL=http://imgur.com/iyhLezn][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iyhLezn.png[/IMG][/URL]

Well we found a hood with 15 standard houses, 2 deluxe, and a few kins.

So the leader and successor get the deluxes, while the rest get standards.

Then the kin house will be closest to the deluxes.

And what's deal with the 90 days before a kin house? I mean come on, that's bull.

In total it's not a bad idea, however it would result in that people will only want to move into kinship neighborhoods.
    And allot of kinships have more members then houses in a neighborhood.

But I understand your point, I've always thought it would be awesome to live in a neighborhood with only kinship members.
    In my opinion lotro is doing far and far to less with the housing aspect in the game.

Suggest

I suggest this- Kin leader will have option to set up new hood, name as you want, for some cost probably... (Gold, or real money, mithril, turb.points??), and this hoods will have new structure, in middle will stand kin house, around, f.e. in circle, then will creates houses which type member of the kin choose (standart-deluxe) and type of house too (elf, hobbit...), and first circle will have f.e. 10 houses, and then will be create new bigger circle... Hood doesnt have exact number of houses, it will depend on, how many members will buy one, in fact, hood could have as many houses as many members have...
    Sorry for my english:-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000002d3040/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

it doesn't matter, there's nothing in game that grants benefit if kin members have houses near their kin house

Quote Originally Posted by knnindy View Post
    it doesn't matter, there's nothing in game that grants benefit if kin members have houses near their kin house
    If your kinship has a house in the same neighborhood, you get another discount which stacks with your personal house discount, total 15%.

this post was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit ... no pixels were harmed in its making

Quote Originally Posted by knnindy View Post
    Actually, my main has his own kinhouse, through support of my alts. By placing that kinhouse in my kin's neighborhood, I am free to place his hunting cabin (a small/deluxe) in any neighborhood I'd like and still have fast travel options to both houses.

There are benefits apart from the obvious social one of having a kin neighborhood.

Kin neighborhood

It's a nice idea considering the fact that my kin has around 90-100 people, and when we bought a kin house in the shire about 11 people bought houses in the same neighborhood, but more wanted to and there wasn't enough room, so it was sorta a bother.

I recently unlocked the currency cap after grinding out deeds and I was sad that there were no more deluxe houses, and I want to stay near my kin house so I stick with the standard.
    Last edited by Halfstorm; Jul 23 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjki View Post
    If your kinship has a house in the same neighborhood, you get another discount which stacks with your personal house discount, total 15%.

The neighborhood discounts to do not stack. What does happen is the highest discount will count.
    standard=10%
    deluxe=20%
    kinhouse=15%

If you are in your kin neighborhood and:
    - you don't own a house in the same neighborhood as your kin, you will get the 15% discount.
    - you own a standard house in the same neighborhood as your kin, you will get the 15% discount.
    - you own a deluxe in the same neighborhood as your kin, you will get the 20% discount.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 20 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August is our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!