We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lost my account but I remember character, please help!

Hello

I played LOTRO for some years ago and now id like to start again. The thing is, I can't remember my account name. But I do remember my characters name on my old account. I was wondering, is there any chance to find out my account name using my character somehow? In WOW there is command /whois [charname], which tells the account name of any character. Is there same kind of command in LOTRO?

And I also don't remember my email, which i registered my old account.

Please help me. Only thing I need is my account name.

afraid theres nothing like that and tbh thank god as its open to exploitation and abuse

if youve forgotten the name you last used use the forgot username link here
    myaccount.turbine.com/index.php
    or you will need to contact support by either raising a ticket at support.turbine.com or phone

if your from the EU and last played on the service run by codemasters before may 2011 and if you did not migrate your account before november 2011 then your account no longer exists

Do you remember what email you used to register and make your account? because chances are you most likely have an email from them with at least some account info hopefully such as your account name. if not try what finglonger said and if that still doesnt work... your out of luck.

I already tried that "Forgotten your username?" thing but it wont send me any emails? I dont remember which email i used back in time. Only thing I remember for my account is the password (I use same pass in some other places and I'm pretty sure I'm using the same one here). So its impossible to know someones account by knowing their character names?

I made new account and new character. I added my old character to my friend list and it seemed to be working. So my old char is still alive i think. I had 37 lvl guardian dwarf + some turbine cash. I really dont like the idea to start whole thing over.

Quote Originally Posted by Raatokarpanen View Post
    I made new account and new character. I added my old character to my friend list and it seemed to be working. So my old char is still alive i think. I had 37 lvl guardian dwarf + some turbine cash. I really dont like the idea to start whole thing over.
    assuming you did not play before the EU migration closed then you NEED to contact turbine support and ask for help nobody on the forums will be able to help you recover or identify your account, the forum mods do not have access to any account information.

you will need to provide support with sufficient info to help them track down your account ie your character names, servers you played on, email addresses you may have used and the contact details you used to register for your account.
    if you only have 1 character on your account and did not register your personal details and do not know which email account you used then it may not be possible to identify your account. 1 character name will be unlikely remain unique as the same name can be used across multiple servers

if you previously played on the EU service and did not migrate your account your characters will still exist but they will basically be orphaned without their owner account. you may also find other servers also have characters with the same name, names you think are unique are not necessarily so
    Last edited by Finglonger_UK; Mar 16 2013 at 01:35 PM.

You will need to provide Turbine with personal information like your real name, street address ... to confirm that really are the owner of the account. Character names will help them find the account. Your character names are public anybody can search the character name database.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Few years ago

I was in the same boat... however, a quick 10 minute call to billing and it was all taken care of. They were able to look for my account under my name. And the old address. They were extremely friendly and very helpful.