We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flight to the Lonely Mountain - When is it coming back?

As the thread's title said, me and lots of people would like to know if there's a date already to insert Flight to the Lonely Mountain raid back into the game. Unless i missed something, i've barely seen anything about this being discussed in the forums.

Can some blue name answer please?

Thanks in advance.

When it's fixed?

My guess is it will be down at least a couple of weeks, because they've got to fix the issues and then test them, then schedule a maintenance period to push the fixes out. Better right that fast.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    When it's fixed?

My guess is it will be down at least a couple of weeks, because they've got to fix the issues and then test them, then schedule a maintenance period to push the fixes out. Better right that fast.
    Correct. We do have a hot fix scheduled for next week, but this is not part of it. We're still working on resolving the issue. Once we do, and we can confirm it's really fixed, we'll let you know and get it patched into the game as quickly as possible.

I know the comment I'm about to make is not constructive in any way, but Sapience don't you think it's absolutely ridiculous how this is playing out? You guys made a "raid" that consists of a single static landscape area that barely spans a single minimap viewing panel. You then made the "raid" spawn set groups of trash mobs in a random order.

That was it. That's the raid. And after making the deed required to wear t2 gear (THE ONLY CARROT FOR PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIKE TO RAID) you discover that you did a bad job and that it's broken. You then need over two weeks (probably closer to 3 to make the next hotfix cycle if we're lucky?) before you can make this glorified skirmish (no, those are actually bigger zones in most cases aren't they...) available, thereby stopping everyone from completing this deed.

Do you at least acknowledge how inept Turbine is looking over this instance cluster? The raids are uninspired, the loot methodology is terrible and you can't even get your skirmish to be functional. What IS the QA process there? So terrible.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000015a567/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

i'd say change with the next hotfix the requirements of the gear:

boots and gloves for erebor
    chest and legs for smaug
    shoulders and hat for lonely mountain

this way people can at least get 4 pieces minor and greater set, including their set bonuses.
    ~Eldar~

Quote Originally Posted by Ellery01 View Post
    I know the comment I'm about to make is not constructive in any way, but Sapience don't you think it's absolutely ridiculous how this is playing out? You guys made a "raid" that consists of a single static landscape area that barely spans a single minimap viewing panel. You then made the "raid" spawn set groups of trash mobs in a random order.

That was it. That's the raid. And after making the deed required to wear t2 gear (THE ONLY CARROT FOR PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIKE TO RAID) you discover that you did a bad job and that it's broken. You then need over two weeks (probably closer to 3 to make the next hotfix cycle if we're lucky?) before you can make this glorified skirmish (no, those are actually bigger zones in most cases aren't they...) available, thereby stopping everyone from completing this deed.

Do you at least acknowledge how inept Turbine is looking over this instance cluster? The raids are uninspired, the loot methodology is terrible and you can't even get your skirmish to be functional. What IS the QA process there? So terrible.
    couldn't have said it better myself, +rep

i would also ask why it is that we players need to post threads like this to even get any update on what the situation is. this is the kind of thing that turbine should be updating us about regularly without us prodding.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

While I won't be so quick as to criticize Turbine for their actions, my issue is this: When it was available, I and several others were able to run Flight to the Lonely Mountain with no problems whatsoever. Meanwhile, there were multiple people posting that they were getting stuck with the same "clearing up old connection" error without having ever touched the Flight to the Lonely Mountain raid. Some were saying it happened to them in Battle for Erebor, others are saying it happened while riding through the Shire. In fact, at the time of my posting there's a thread halfway down the page with complaints about this happening, which was posted well after the Lonely Mountain raid was taken down.

I just hope that the raid was actually verified as the cause of this bug, in which case it would have been appropriate to take the raid away, as opposed to using it as a scapegoat for a bug that developers can't quite get their hands on. Either way, Turbine's not on a good track record right now with all the delays and problems they've had since the launch of Rohan. It makes me very wary when, despite the issues, they want to turn around and promise us the Western Rohan expansion by the end of the year. By all means, I would rather wait an extra 6-8 months and get a fully functioning expansion next year, rather than have to rush out a bugged and underwhelming Western Rohan by the end of 2013.
    [b][color=forestgreen]~Landroval~[/color][/b]
    [b][size=1][color=green]Raigar - 100 Captain[/color] | [color=green]Raigorn - 100 Hunter[/color][/b]
    [i][color=green]Captains of the West - Leader[/color][/i]
    [color=red]Founder[/color] | [color=red]Lifetime Member[/color] | [color=red]Raider[/color] | [color=red]Roleplayer[/color][/size]

Ultimately there are two questions:

Why do we have Bullroarer, when concerns that are raised by customers who use it seem to be disregarded?

What is the point of the Palantir program, when game-breaking bugs (having passed alpha testing by Turbine's QA team) are still making their way to Bullroarer?

Why would you release a raid-cluster, than shortly after remove the ability achieve the actual raid a armour? People can't even unlock the requirements to barter for FA symbols at this point.

Its absolutely no excuse for this delay, the raid should have been back in a few days. Failing to do so, they should at least have given us a more specific date or kept us updated.

I know people got stuck in there, I spent 2 hours "cleaning up connection" myself. But biggest issue with the raid was probably that the boss never spawned. I waited and waited and all i got to face in the end was a couple of Easterlings of some sort. How is that even a raid? How do you fail making a raid that consist of 1 straight path, a tiny ford and a couple of Easterlings with pets running about?

I have my other T2 deeds done, have armour and stones waiting in my bank. They better sort it out by next week, or change the gear requirements.

It won't change anything, as long as people pay they will keep to the status quo
    Xcelion / Nucleus (Firefoot Server)
    [url]http://www.twitch.tv/xcelion[/url]
    "You Should have seen your Face, HAAAAA, Classic"

Sadly, it's hardly an aberration in any sense of the word. Quality has steadily gone down the tubes since Mirkwood. I've got more than enough play time to confirm it - and then some. Making me feel a little silly about now.

Hotifx is interesting, though. Are we going to see a BG-esque nerf to Erebor? That would be hard to believe, since the entire premise of LotRO itemization 4.0 is based almost entirely on luck - minus a few variably desirable barter options. When something is based almost entirely on luck, you can't limit access to it since having unlimited access is the only way a person can be motivated to even bother. But then, even that's not enough for some... Bragging rights in LotRO are now bestowed almost entirely by the RNG. Interesting concept, that.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Correct. We do have a hot fix scheduled for next week, but this is not part of it. We're still working on resolving the issue. Once we do, and we can confirm it's really fixed, we'll let you know and get it patched into the game as quickly as possible.
    If you can't/don't have an ETA, shouldn't you guys at least amend the barter requirements? It's absolutely inexcusable and shameless to make people wait for a cluster and then deny them the associated armorsets for months more. And given the track record...it will be that long.

Are you guys even aware of the fact that everyone who doesn't have Flight done on Tiers 1 or 2 can't get their respective armor? Or even barter for First Ages? How can you possibly justify such a thing? It's completely expansion breaking...and after you delayed the instance cluster already...lol. lol.

Maybe it'd be wiser to ask for the level 85 armor to scale come the next expansion, because that's likely when we will finally be able to get it.
    Last edited by PhantomPunkk; Mar 17 2013 at 02:18 AM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

This better be a T1 farming hot fix although its a bit to late if it is.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

I'd like to note I reported the connection issue from Flights raid multiple times on beta. Why doesn't Turbine spend 10 minutes to replicate major issues on beta so they can start fixing them asap?

I hate filling out bug reports but I went into bullroarer for U10 and hunted down various bugs anyways. I guess I won't bother doing beta anymore for the purpose of helping get content fixed before release.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    I'd like to note I reported the connection issue from Flights raid multiple times on beta. Why doesn't Turbine spend 10 minutes to replicate major issues on beta so they can start fixing them asap?

I hate filling out bug reports but I went into bullroarer for U10 and hunted down various bugs anyways. I guess I won't bother doing beta anymore for the purpose of helping get content fixed before release.
    The answer to this is really simple, with the raids already approaching 3 months late WB managers told the devs to release it regardless of the bugs.

Agree with Ellery01's post in general; however, what the deuce is the new armour for, to beat these new "raids" t2c?? I think not, in fact there is no point whatsoever in acquiring the greater armour set, nor the lesser for that matter.

These much-delayed "raids" are, at best, a chance for casual players/non-raiders to get first-agers; and at worst, frankly, insulting to the player-base. Even people who usually post progression threads have stated there's no point as it's all too insultingly easy.

Now, don't get me wrong, I thought Orthanc was a good raid and contained some fine challenges, and of course previous raids have been fine; but to reiterate, this latest cluster just leaves a bad taste in the mouth, or wherever.

Still, glad I play creep....oh wait, that's broken too....
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/211070p.jpg[/IMG]

I feel this is absolute joke ppl payed for this expansion 1y ago instances included and then raid delays 3 months when it releases its broken, get removed and ppl are left with no chance to do the deed to barter the armour, nor playing the content they payed for so long ago.

I have the feeling players like me who have 7 chars will be able to get the erebor armour at the same time they hit lvl 95.
    [b][center]Leader of The Council of Light[/center][/b]
    [b](L)[/b]iving [b](O)[/b]nly [b](T)[/b]o [b](R)[/b]aid [b](O)[/b]nline

From what I understand the "Cleaning Up Old Connection" bug was being caused by this raid but whatever it was breaking server-side would somehow spread to other parts of the game. I heard about people in other raids and even the Moors getting the same issue but I'm not sure if they have since the raid was removed.

That said, there are still connectivity issues. People are crashing on zoning a lot lately. It kind of reminds me of the early days of ToO where you'd have to wait for the people who always crashed to reload their clients before you could get started on the raid. Except this time it doesn't seem to consistently happen to the same people (it's happened to me 2-3 times since RoR came out, but other people say they crash in every raid). I've also had a few times where whole fellowships (i.e. all six of us in GB) would "freeze" for minutes at a time - we still had full access to the chat servers and could rotate our characters but not move or do anything. Every 30 seconds or 1 minute or so, we'd see the effects of skills firing off.

Anyway, as for the rumored loot nerf: that would be really, really unwise I think. Granted Durchest farming was a bit out of control, but the prospects for worthwhile loot from doing Durchest runs meant that there were simply loads of people logging in and playing the game (doing smaller group content, dailies, crafting, etc. during breaks between Durchest farm sessions). Erebor is actually less egregious than Durchest was, because the drop rate seems a lot lower (I know people who have run it over 100 times with no symbols or gold items) and because it *is* a lot harder. I can't really even imagine a PUG screwing up Durchest T1 but to complete Erebor T1 with the easiest terms selected (catapults and inferno) you need both:

1) Either a raid full of people competent enough to consistently move out of catapults OR a loremaster good enough to keep important people stun protected.

and

2) Healers good enough to keep the raid alive through the inferno. I've seen PUGs take 4-5 healers just because poor healers (bolster/mending verse spammers) aren't able to keep up with this much raid-wide incoming damage.

Nerfing the drop rates would really hurt player activity but would also further cement the "farm early, farm often" mentality that Turbine are consistently reinforcing by introducing farmable content then nerfing the rewards to the point where it's not worth doing at all anymore. I know loads of players are ONLY farming Erebor as much as they are because Turbine's past behavior has led them to believe that it will be nerfed into uselessness shortly.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

I have to say the level of frustration people are at is bad, we have had our most active raiders leave, saying we will be back when this becomes an MMO again, and i have to say i'm at that point aswell if i wanted Diablo 3 i would have bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellery01 View Post

Spot on. Only I think you forgot to mention that they took an extra...3? 4? months to complete these things.

this

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post

This is what will happen, you seem to ask player base to QA your product for FREE and you didn't seem to make a good use of it. You think those who QA your game for FREE and login on release to see those bugs still on live will do it AGAIN next time??

/signed
    It seems patience really is a virtue when it comes to anticipating pre-paid working content to arrive in a timely fashion. Butter scraped over too much bread.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000007e90/signature.png]Esthero[/charsig]

Vertigo - 65 Captain - Pariah
    Escyndir - 65 Champion - Pariah
    Dartsk - Murder Herd

I'm sure others have already suggested this, but this wait time is ridiculous. We should at least be able to barter for a couple of the items upon completing the raids available to us, similar to how Tower of Orthanc unlocked pieces per wing. At least people that have been running the raids and saving seals could at least barter them for something. Especially if it is going to be awhile before the raid comes back online still

Cant we remove the deed to acquiring the deed in this meantime?
    I has already 2 - 3 weeks without this instance and we still have no ETA.

Its not fair ppl ran to do the other raids and couldnt complete de deed because of a technical failure.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002e6ebf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Flight to the Lonely Mountain will be fixed March 25th!

6 point font - 2014
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast