We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Sword Halls T2, bugged loot?

I've been farming Sword halls, both T1 and T2 for weeks now. I'm somewhere around 60 runs for Sword halls and I have never seen a gold class item drop. I'm farming it for the captain shield, but if it's bugged I don't want to waste anymore time.

I know one of the 3 mans was recently unbugged for hunters class item so I'm starting to wonder...has anyone received a gold class item from sword halls? and if so what tier? even better I'd love to hear from a cappy who got their shield in sword halls.

I just don't want to go 200 runs deep only to hear it was bugged the whole time.
    Last edited by Armitas; Mar 16 2013 at 10:36 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I've seen guard shield and cappy shield drop from sh t2c in the same day. Note..... This was before U10.

As an aside, that same day a hunter got a daggerfrom iorbars peak. 3 golds in ab
    Another aside.... Me and some kinnies did wound t2 and a grd got the golden earring. We then did t1wound and it dropped again for the same guard.

What's happening is a black hole is opening up within your chest and transporting them to our server where it is now dropping for us. Sorry man. The lotro gods giveth and the lotro gods taketh away.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Mar 16 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Guess I'll have to start doing it T2c then.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

k this is just absurd

today i was running Iorbar's peak with a cappy buddy and he got both golden earrings within 10 runs.

I used to believe people that said the RNG was acting up were just blowing smoke. Now i'm a believer.

At 30+ T2C runs, on top of all the others ive done. Not even a GM blessed horseshoe can fix my luck (+GM+ tells you, '*Blessing of awesome loot drops*'spoken over my horseshoe).

What is the intended drop rate of this stuff?

I heard some people are getting the wrong class item, burglar piece on their warden.

Update.

3 relic removals
    3 stat tomes
    1 crystal of rememberance

0 golds for anyone in my 3man, over 100 runs, has anyone got a gold here since U10?
    Last edited by Armitas; Mar 17 2013 at 08:27 PM.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I heard some people are getting the wrong class item, burglar piece on their warden.
    This is a known bug for those running gb sambrog (and possibly the other GBs). Anyone can get the burg gold item (i've seen cappy get it with 2 burgs in group, and heard of warden and mini).

I haven't run it much since the update so idk if it drops or not.

On a side note i got my champ golden boots from warg pens t2c after U10.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I've seen guard shield and cappy shield drop from sh t2c in the same day. Note..... This was before U10.

As an aside, that same day a hunter got a daggerfrom iorbars peak. 3 golds in ab
    Another aside.... Me and some kinnies did wound t2 and a grd got the golden earring. We then did t1wound and it dropped again for the same guard.

What's happening is a black hole is opening up within your chest and transporting them to our server where it is now dropping for us. Sorry man. The lotro gods giveth and the lotro gods taketh away.
    Isn't the guard item supposed to be a cloak from the DG cluster?

I too have been blasting through Sword Halls on T2 challenge quite a few times. I'm treating it basically like a daily that I do a few times whenever I get a group for it. I am not sure on numbers, but I have done it quite a bit, with no class items dropping for anyone in all of my groups.

Sword Halls T2c did in fact drop the cappy shield though?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    Sword Halls T2c did in fact drop the cappy shield though?
    wiki does not say anything about golden items in SH. there is only one teal shield
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

We farmed sword hall T2 CM after U 10 and two of us found the golden champ shoes. Before anyone thinks, dawn luck, the other champ had 300 dungeon an xxx DG cluster runs under his belt and my champ almost the same numbers pre update 10.
    lvl 85 lm (main), lvl 85 champ, lvl 85 rk, lvl 85 hunter, lvl 85 minni

seen capt gold shield about a week ago in SH t2c
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

There are various things you can do to increase your drop rate.

1) unequip all your gear while opening and entering the instance and while opening the chest. This tricks the game into thinking you are poorly geared enough to need a good drop. Doing so at the specified times satisfies both theories of when loot is generated in a chest.
    2) Wear the horse-shoe. This supercedes method 1.
    3) Have your horse-shoe be blessed. Not 100% chance of getting a gold of course, but it will assuredly help.
    4) Make sure you run as soon after server-reset time as possible. The daily quota of golds awarded to lotro players should reset at that same time.
    5) Perform the gold-loot-dance.

Good luck to ya!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

We farmed that instance t2c yesterday with 2 champ and cappy. One run take 4min. Champ got 2x golden boots and he has already those boots. Another champ dont have those and he didnt get any gold trops. I didnt get golden shield. Trop rare is something horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    3) Have your horse-shoe be blessed. Not 100% chance of getting a gold of course, but it will assuredly help.
    I will be available later today if anybody needs their horse-shoe blessed

For what it is worth, it seems like OD T2C has a fairly high drop rate. I have seen a lot of different classes get items in the few runs we have done.

I run a lot of 3 mans, and every gold item I've seen has come from the challenge chest. Could be coincidence, or could be that they only drop in challenge.
    [color=navy]Harumph, r7 Guardian --- Navin, r3 Champion --- Magnumric r3 Captain[/color]
    [color=aqua]Brandywine Brewing Co.[/color]
    Windmills do not work that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    I run a lot of 3 mans, and every gold item I've seen has come from the challenge chest. Could be coincidence, or could be that they only drop in challenge.
    No, plenty of people got gold items without challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    There are various things you can do to increase your drop rate.

1) unequip all your gear while opening and entering the instance and while opening the chest. This tricks the game into thinking you are poorly geared enough to need a good drop. Doing so at the specified times satisfies both theories of when loot is generated in a chest.
    2) Wear the horse-shoe. This supercedes method 1.
    4) Make sure you run as soon after server-reset time as possible. The daily quota of golds awarded to lotro players should reset at that same time.
    5) Perform the gold-loot-dance.

Good luck to ya!
    Excellent advice all around!

Quote Originally Posted by He3-middle View Post
    We farmed that instance t2c yesterday with 2 champ and cappy. One run take 4min. Champ got 2x golden boots and he has already those boots. Another champ dont have those and he didnt get any gold trops. I didnt get golden shield. Trop rare is something horrible.
    That is just no good. You used to be able to help your friends and kin members get what they were after but its a little out of reach at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    I will be available later today if anybody needs their horse-shoe blessed

For what it is worth, it seems like OD T2C has a fairly high drop rate. I have seen a lot of different classes get items in the few runs we have done.
    Please bless my holy horeshoe. I also, for the limited number of OD challenges I have completed, seen a fair number of class items drop.

And I would guess I have seen an equal number of them from challenge and non challenge chests.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.