We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What are the "caps" on everything?

Sorry if this is a rehash question, but these forums leave a lot to be desired as far as search functions.

I hear everyone talking about capping crit, mits, physical mastery, resist, etc. etc.. Is there a website or database that shows what all the caps are? If not, can you give a quick rundown on what the caps are?

Is there a priority between resistance and mitigations? I have around 4900 Resist, 4900 Tact Mit and 8200 Phys Mit....mostly due to the virtues I've slotted (most are 12 or higher, and I'm still working on getting them to 16). It seems like resist should trump mitigations, due to the "if it doesn't hit you, it doesn't need mitigating" concept. I could stack mitigations more, but at the cost of resistance rating.

Are my current levels of these acceptable for raids/skraids and what not? Just getting to the point of being comfortable, with everything except jewelry/offhand item...

TIA!

Some things that don't show up from my character link below...

Phys Mastery is 25000 or 81%
    Finesse is 6900 or 17%
    Crit sucks...at 5862 or 14.8%
    Last edited by Machael; Mar 15 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machael View Post
    Sorry if this is a rehash question, but these forums leave a lot to be desired as far as search functions.

I hear everyone talking about capping crit, mits, physical mastery, resist, etc. etc.. Is there a website or database that shows what all the caps are? If not, can you give a quick rundown on what the caps are?

Is there a priority between resistance and mitigations? I have around 4900 Resist, 4900 Tact Mit and 8200 Phys Mit....mostly due to the virtues I've slotted (most are 12 or higher, and I'm still working on getting them to 16). It seems like resist should trump mitigations, due to the "if it doesn't hit you, it doesn't need mitigating" concept. I could stack mitigations more, but at the cost of resistance rating.

Are my current levels of these acceptable for raids/skraids and what not? Just getting to the point of being comfortable, with everything except jewelry/offhand item...

TIA!

Some things that don't show up from my character link below...

Phys Mastery is 25000 or 81%
    Finesse is 6900 or 17%
    Crit sucks...at 5862 or 14.8%
    resists work decently against landscape/t1 content, but is worthless in t2 instances bc of finesse.

I did find an entry at LOTRO-Wiki, but I don't know how current it is.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Stat_Caps#Stat_caps

I also like to look at my "measuring up" versus other Hunters, here: http://ttahvo.webatu.com/index.php

Note that I am the anti-Expert, however. More like the Perpetually Confused.
    [SIZE=2][B][I]Concerts, Crafting, Cosmetics, Horse Races, Chicken Runs, Role Play, Exploration, Screenshots, Video Capture, ... Oh, yeah, and some fighting the forces of evil bent on world domination and tyranny. [/I][/B][/SIZE]

TY for the clarification on resist -vs- mitigation Rannion. I guess it would make more sense to raise the mitigation ratings, since that would affect both landscape and T2 content. Do you even worry about resistance at all?

Visioneer, I use that site a lot already! It shows me as above average in most categories, but a bit weak in Morale, and Crit, which I knew. I wish the site included Physical Mastery as well.... The Lotro-Wiki page is indeed outdated, as the fate and agility crit changes are not there. Can anyone else confirm the other hard caps still apply?

TY all

there are caps on masteries but they are impossible to hit because they would require hundreds of thousands of masteries..
    as for crit,anyone been able to get over 36.7% magnitudes?..trying to decide if i wanna drop some pm for some boosts in mags..
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    there are caps on masteries but they are impossible to hit because they would require hundreds of thousands of masteries..
    as for crit,anyone been able to get over 36.7% magnitudes?..trying to decide if i wanna drop some pm for some boosts in mags..
    I personally think that increasing crit rating beyond the crit cap isn't very helpful, and is better invested in PM. Think of it this way: if you increase your crit magnitude by 1%, then that's only a 1% increase on 25% of your hits...or a 0.25% damage increase overall. However, if you increase your PM by 1%, then that's a fixed 1% damage increase overall. And considering that crit magnitude doesn't increase all that much with crit rating, it just doesn't seem to me like it's worth investing in.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000349948/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am really no expert, (actually kinda noobish)... but this is what i run with.

Morale: 8k
    ICPR: 3k (500+ Fate rocks )
    Crit rating ~9000, (~19%)
    Finesse 5800 (14.8%)
    Physical Mastery 23360 (74.2%)
    B -
    P 5.5k (14%)
    E 9k (19%)

Resistance 7k (17%) (unintentional, just because the virtues that give survivability also give resistance)
    Tact Mit (5.5k) (27%)
    Physical Mit (with Armor contribution 8.2k) (34%)
    Crit Defence 960 (10%, this was for fun, i thought might as well get the cardolan manual since it was cheap :P)

Battle for Erebor isn't really a problem for me, although i still get killed if the healers didn't bother to heal me when after the inferno starts. (which was why i stacked Tact Mit and Vits insanely, just so that i can survive to the last 100k of the trolls)

Your mitigations are quite decent (IMHO), I don't think you have a problem running skraids or even the 85 instances. You might want to make sure you have at least a second age bow (they are so easy to get now, there is no excuse not to get one.. (if you still don't have one, go run 18-20 solo skirmishes with instance finder and do all the encounters, you should have enough medallions to get a TSoC ). DPS wise, i think you are in a much better position than me (minus the crit rating but i value crit over raw damage. but i have the side effect of killing myself from an unlucky reflect damage) If you really want to get some more crit ratings, just get one of those relics redeemed by the engraved horns of hammerhand. (sealed emblems of accuracy/insight/etc)... there is about 1280 CR there... at the cost of just 10+10 agility..

p/s anyone noticed that if our physical mitigation is capped at 40%? One time i had 13k physical mitigation, (from pre BfE buffs) and the mitigation was only 40.0%... i don't know if it was just a lucky round number or i hit the mitigation cap..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001da17c/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    Mmm, what was your crit rating with that magnitude? I can't recall offhand, not logged in right now, but I've managed to get my hunter to about 15.4k crit rating with a crit proc/cappy buff and agi proc (for the whole extra ~120 crit :P). I'm not positive on the magnitude but it would've been around 37%, possibly the 36.7 you mention. What I do remember was noting how massive the diminishing returns felt after passing the crit chance cap at 13.4k crit rating.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

I believe the issue with bosses is that some of their abilities, most in fact, do not have resistance checks so mitigating their attacks is much more important. Light armour has 40% tactical and physical mitigation caps. I believe medium armour has 50% tactical and mitigation caps.

stats

buffed in grp. no tale. dint have bb tho

Luckyshot R14

Has anyone ever run the more popular "end-game" instances in non-raid gear? Lets say just the highest end player crafted gear as a start.

How about with the best available loot drops from the epic line or standard quests?

I7 960 | Sabertooth X58 | 12GB HyperX 1600 | 2 x GTS 450 | G13 | Corsair H70

Quote Originally Posted by Lenilie View Post
    Mmm, what was your crit rating with that magnitude? I can't recall offhand, not logged in right now, but I've managed to get my hunter to about 15.4k crit rating with a crit proc/cappy buff and agi proc (for the whole extra ~120 crit :P). I'm not positive on the magnitude but it would've been around 37%, possibly the 36.7 you mention. What I do remember was noting how massive the diminishing returns felt after passing the crit chance cap at 13.4k crit rating.
    not logged also atm but crit was around 15k at that point cant remember exactly. Though the diminishing returns really suck after that. same with pm after like...44k? i just try to balance out stats to see which would give me higher % boosts. a i can afford to lose .1% pm for..say... .5% mags

though im still using the GR earrings so thats -384 crit right there =[
    still hoping for 2 golden hunter earrings for the boost in both pm and crit...

EDIT: i just realized that dude has 3383 agil.lolololololol
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by fnostro View Post
    Has anyone ever run the more popular "end-game" instances in non-raid gear? Lets say just the highest end player crafted gear as a start.
    I raided in PvP gear for awhile :P
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

18,342 gives 41,8% magnitude
    I have plans to get past 20k once I acquire some crit gear and use crit relics, will post again if needed