We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Confusion over Rohan Ring Upgrades

I get confused over things that have been in game for years... now the new properties on the Rohan Ring upgrades have me dithering like a kid in a candy store with only a dollar in their pocket.

I know the Wyrmfire upgrade is probably best; it gives stacking crit buffs. But what would be the right second choice?

One version offers a 300 point heal and 300 point heals over time after. That's attractive.

Another version offers a Critical Defense buff. I don't know enough about this in practice to really have a good handle on the relative worth.

The last version give a short Agility buff... but does 122 points really matter a lot when we swim in Agility?

So, so confused.

Anyone have opinions or observations?
    [SIZE=2][B][I]Concerts, Crafting, Cosmetics, Horse Races, Chicken Runs, Role Play, Exploration, Screenshots, Video Capture, ... Oh, yeah, and some fighting the forces of evil bent on world domination and tyranny. [/I][/B][/SIZE]

It depends on your play style.

Certainly, he Wyrmfire ring is by far the most useful, especially with the recent Agility:Crit nerf with U10. The second ring however, is totally up to your own play style; if you are a hunttank, go with the heal over time, if you are a dps'er for kinship raids, go with the +agility.

Personally, I went for both the Wyrmfire and the +agility ring, merely because both are constantly active in any run giving a small and effective boost to dps overall.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

I plan on going for the agi proc ring. There's a couple of teals that give the crit proc, and the procs from various pieces of gear don't stack. A couple of other random pieces do also give the agi proc, but they're pieces I'm less likely to wear on my hunter.

For my second ring I plan on keeping a teal. Right now it's Former Resident's Ring, and that might be switching to the 150agi/113vit ring. The stats on the golds don't really impress me too much over the teals, their nice aspect is in the proc, and since I plan on getting a teal with the crit proc, and the heal and crit defense procs won't proc very often on a class that isn't taking damage frequently, I feel the best way to round out my build is just one gold ring.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I use the agility buff ring and the heal over time ring. I can get the stacking crit using the purple pocket "key" I got out of the Great Barrows. You can buy these for cheap in the Auction Hall. Their stats are almost exactly the same as the Cyan version except I think the Cyan version has 38 fate and the purple one only 15. Otherwise the Agility and crit are like 4 off each.

Doing the crafting instances I almost always have all 3 buffs running on me and constantly refreshing. That coupled with the 2 piece "Faron" bonus from the Erebor armor set makes it so you can just power through nonstop.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

As always, some great advice and some more data to chew.

I find it really interesting that the version I thought the least useful (the +Agi) seems to be pretty popular. More so that I'd have thought.

Thanks, everyone!
    [SIZE=2][B][I]Concerts, Crafting, Cosmetics, Horse Races, Chicken Runs, Role Play, Exploration, Screenshots, Video Capture, ... Oh, yeah, and some fighting the forces of evil bent on world domination and tyranny. [/I][/B][/SIZE]