We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tactical Healing Rating

I've recently picked up a bog-standard lvl 58 third age songbook for the minstrel I've been playing for the past month or so, only it isn't bog-standard. I managed to pick an additional 2 major legacies whilst leveling up, both high tier. it has some very useful healing legacies, but the problem I've got is that, the higher in level I go, the songbook's i'll pick up will have a higher tactical healing rating.

I've already had to put my 65 SA songbook (from the Enedwaith epic) on the back-burner, so my simple question is; what exactly is the tactical healing rating? Is it a multiplier, a bonus? Or something else entirely? Thanks

Yes, it is an independent multiplier though its workings are a bit mysterious.

I was actually wondering about this the other day. Got my mins into Moria, got my first LI book, had no idea how the Tactical Healing Rating worked. But I guess, the bigger the number the better lol, and I also assume its a priority to rank up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluck View Post
    I was actually wondering about this the other day. Got my mins into Moria, got my first LI book, had no idea how the Tactical Healing Rating worked. But I guess, the bigger the number the better lol, and I also assume its a priority to rank up.
    The higher your healing rating, the higher your outgoing heals will be (very important if you're wanting to heal rather than dps for groups). A couple good legacies to keep your eye open for as well are "healing and motivation skills healing," and "healing skills power cost." These basically make it so your heals heal for more, and cost less. Have fun as you get into the group content!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001d2197/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shrelana View Post
    The higher your healing rating, the higher your outgoing heals will be (very important if you're wanting to heal rather than dps for groups). A couple good legacies to keep your eye open for as well are "healing and motivation skills healing," and "healing skills power cost." These basically make it so your heals heal for more, and cost less. Have fun as you get into the group content!
    Going back to my OP, this whole concept is still a bit of a mystery to myself. If I was to take it literally i.e +36 tactical healing rating added onto outgoing/incoming healing, it would barely have any effect whatsoever, because adding 36 onto (from what I remember off the top of my head, haven't had a proper look at my minstrels stats for a few days) 12,000 with basic legacies over +12 with 5 desirable's (the two you mentioned included) is, in my mind, a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    Going back to my OP, this whole concept is still a bit of a mystery to myself. If I was to take it literally i.e +36 tactical healing rating added onto outgoing/incoming healing, it would barely have any effect whatsoever, because adding 36 onto (from what I remember off the top of my head, haven't had a proper look at my minstrels stats for a few days) 12,000 with basic legacies over +12 with 5 desirable's (the two you mentioned included) is, in my mind, a no-brainer.
    While the math of tactical ratings is a mystery to me - although I'm sure someone has figured it out - I seem to recall from some old conversation it being some kind of bonus added to skills' base figures before multipliers.

The math does not matter however, because going by above quote you don't seem to know yet how to check the effect. Simply switch the LI and mouse over your skills to check the new heal/damage values. They get adjusted by your equipped LI. You'll notice that even a change of +10 is a significant performance boost (and for laughs, look at the numbers while you have no LIs equipped).

Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    Dont get confused by the name "rating". Its not added on top of your outgoing healing rating, its an independent modifier as I said above. How and where it figures in I never truly tested, but it *will* increase heals across the board.

For the sake of posterity, consider it like the DPS value on a weapon. You can rank that up and it will be an independent value from the physical mastery rating. Both contribute to your real DPS, as do legacies. Same with healing.

One thing to note though is that with the right legacies, you can get a better performance out of a lower level LI than of a higher level LI (and the differences between LI levels below lvl 66 are not that massive). My champion with a lvl75 first age weapon and 5 major legacies, and mostly 75 gear, was routinely out-performing lvl85-geared DPS players well into Update9.

A tricked out lower level LI with a select choice of legacies and some decent relics can easily be more effective than a higher level, less customized LI. But the question as always is how much effort you want to put into an item that you will not use for very long anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    A tricked out lower level LI with a select choice of legacies and some decent relics can easily be more effective than a higher level, less customized LI.
    However some of the best relics are only available for level 85 items. Only reason I trashed my 65 first age rune
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Tactical skills in this game increase their base potency linearily with the character's level up to level 50. From then on most tactical skill do no longer change (this is true for every Minstrel healing skill but not for Captains, I don't know about Rune-keepers) without Tactical Healing/Damage Rating (THR/TDR).
    This means when leaving Tactical Mastery, traits, legendary items and the like out of the calculation, e.g. Bolster Courage heals the same on level 50 as on every subsequent level up to 85. With level 20 you would heal twice as much as with level ten and only half as much as with level 40.
    Now the THR ist just added to 50 to calculate your skills' effective level, i.e. with a THR of 10 you would heal like a level 60 Minstrel would if their skills would just increase beyond level 50 as before without legendary items. THR 20 equals level 70 and so on. A fully maxxed FA songbook has about 55 THR, thus the Minstrel heals like she would have with level 105.