We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Healing weapon post RoR

What legacies do you recommend for a healing captain's onehander? I don't see much that's so great.

This is what I came up with:

- To Arms Duration
    - Telling Mark Damage
    - Max Targets for PA
    - Might
    - Vit (help the healer survive, I guess)
    - Defensive Strike Armor (help the healer survive, I guess)

I don't see power as much of a problem anymore, and the DPS legacies aren't healing-focused. If 4 majors, I guess PA or DB crit over vit.

Relics I'm thinking:
    - True Setting of the Three Hunters (DevMag/Pmast/Tmast/Fate) or Riddermark Setting of Might (Might/Pmast/Tmast)
    - Eastemnet Gem of Charity (Tmit/Tmast/power) or True Gem of the Rising Moon (Vit/Pmast/Tmast/Fate) or Red Agate Gem of Fortune (Fate/Crit)
    - True Rune of the White Mountatins (-AD/Pmast/Tmast/Agi) or Eastemnet Rune of Power (Pmit/Pmast/Tmast/Fate)
    - Fate/Crit/TM crafted

Is it worth (spending the scrolls to enable) pumping the DPS?

What weapon type has a minor advantage over another? Axe to help DPS? Club to slow enemies' attack speed and reduce damage a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    What legacies do you recommend for a healing captain's onehander? I don't see much that's so great.

This is what I came up with:

- To Arms Duration
    - Telling Mark Damage
    - Max Targets for PA
    - Might
    - Vit (help the healer survive, I guess)
    - Defensive Strike Armor (help the healer survive, I guess)
    There really isn't much for healing specifically on the weapons. I mean, I do some of my best healing moves with my halberd

You might also consider Battle States and Response Duration. Yes, you likely will run with a 6s RC cooldown. Still can be handy to keep the defeat event around a bit longer to avoid overwriting a HOT or if War Cry is near expiration. In past eras I say consider the power cost legacies, but now it seems moot. But given that you have a shield with your 1-H, you probably have plenty of survivability. So maybe replace Vit with Fate?

If you choose to go to 7 legacies, I sort of like DB crit. It is pretty good with no points spent, and is helpful to get crit responses in single target situations that dominate end game raids.

You could put crit chance on PA and DB. The DB crit will help you fish for RCs better on single boss fights.

I personally put To Arms on a swap LI. (It was on my buffstick before, it's now on my tanking sword so when I tank I don't have to swap.) That would free up a slot for PA crit.

If you have a choice between PA crit and DB crit, on a 1H I would always go PA crit. PA can be used to get defeat responses in single-target fights just as efficiently as DB (since you hit one target in both situations) but is of course massively better with two or more targets.

I find a Vit legacy to be pretty useless. I don't even use it on my tanking LIs. 53 vit is 159 morale and 212 tac mit, pretty small numbers that I feel can be obtained elsewhere. (Personally, I also don't worry about morale in my healing build. I'm actually trying to drop around 1-2k morale right now, depending on which armour set I'm using, because I feel the 9-10k I have right now is entirely too high.) I would definitely swap that out for either Fate (almost 300 ICPR plus a bit of bonus crit) or Battle States (even when not maxed I've had this legacy come in handy, though much more so before I obtained Perseverance).

Dev mag doesn't help with healing, so definitely don't go with that one. I've got the fate/crit and Eastemnet Rune of Power on mine. Think I'm using a true setting from T6 with both crit and mastery. In my personal experience, raising your crit chance will improve your healing a lot more than raising your mastery will (due to crits opening up defeat responses and Relentless Optimism essentially turning any crit heal into a "dev" heal), so try to focus your relics around that if you can.

I went with a sword. I don't know why. None will really give any significant advantage over the others. At this point I'd honestly go with whatever one looks the coolest. (1H first age axe looks pretty sweet but the second age doesn't. Second age mace looks kinda cool.)