We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Minstrel DPS?

Minstrel DPS?

Hello fellow minstrels!

Now my hobbit mini is level 53 I wonder how the DPS is at level 85? I understand THE MINSTREL IS NO DPS CLASS!!!!, but still if I have to farm something later on I don't want to be stuck with it for days...

So, how is our DPS at level 85?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeens View Post
    Hello fellow minstrels!

Now my hobbit mini is level 53 I wonder how the DPS is at level 85? I understand THE MINSTREL IS NO DPS CLASS!!!!, but still if I have to farm something later on I don't want to be stuck with it for days...

Thanks!
    Soloing with Minstrel DPS is in a really good place. Keep an eye on will and items that give a raw boost to tactical damage and you should be fine (crit is very valuable as well, so keep fate and raw crit in mind). I've run T2/challenge 3 mans and 6 mans as the DPS on a mini... its not that bad (not optimal, but it works).

Long story short... I don't think there is anything to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Jeens View Post
    Hello fellow minstrels!

Thanks!
    If your looking for numbers, when I trait dps in a group ill get about 800 dps on a boss fight, but trash fights can range from 900 to 1.2k dps depending on how many adds and how fast the pulls are
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

You wont solo champ speed, but is good enough to be more-or-less quick. Now I dont bother retraiting for soloing (hytbold), I just run heal-traited and is ok

With the update I started moving for more fate with a few jewelery pieces but used scrolls and fate legacies to also help on my LI's. I now sit near 20% Crit chance without a cappy buff and my Call to Fate usually crits anywhere from 3.5k to 5.4k. I've had my Coda go off for 8.4k. I've had ballads hit for almost 2k and my 2nd age hit multiple targets for 5k. Keep in mind I run with a FA weapon built for dps and I run Call to War build. My Will in my Hytbold gear is above 2600 and I have 36k TM without any cappy buffs. But it's a different story when I put on my Moors gear. I lose a little Will but gain Fate and Morale. Plus, with the OP's that each side tries to keep, my TM out there is anywhere from 34~38k. I also have the final upgrade Rohan Ring that gives 20% proc for a stackable +720 crit rating for 20 sec's on any hit taken.

I list all of that so that you realize that I have built Teflon (my mini) specifically for nuking. I've yet to use the combat plug-in for analysis but I can tell you that if I get a nice string of crits that things fall over quickly. Also, most creeps don't bother 1v1ing me. They call for backup.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5874265VKhMw.png[/img][/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100001536a4/signature.png]Deathjaw[/charsig]

Based on lv85 training dummy I am currently doing about [strike]{60%}[/strike] (edit 33%, facepalm was on lv75 dummy before) of what our Kin champs are doing, who are some of the best. Still working towards full lv85 DPS kit at which point I reckon it will be more like 70+%
    Last edited by 00CloughRN; Mar 15 2013 at 11:45 AM.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Even traited for healing I still can do decent damage on lvl 85. Not in the rank of DPS classes, but still good. I have no problem finishing Hytbold prospector instance in less then 10 minutes (if I don't get lost) taking 2-3 enemies in the same time (might go even for more, but don't want to risk too much). Also school runs are much faster with me going in WS and just doing some offhealing.

I presume that traiting for damage give much better numbers, but since I tend to forget to retrait before doing instance it is safer for me this way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f6f95/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Solo landscape fights; the minstrel is amongst the most capable classes for this. we can do awesome damage from horseback too.

3-man instances; perfectly viable for the DPS-role.

6-man instances; I've never had complaints about my DPS. What the minstrel lacks in top-notch DPS he makes up in groupbuffs and off-healing (even with a limited amount of CC included).

12-man raids; this is where our end-game DPS starts to fall short. Bosses and mobs here usually take a long time to kill, and our sustained DPS is not good enough for this.

So in my opinion there is no need to worry about your dps unless you were planning on taking the dps-role in raids. But it seems this wasn't your intention anyway
    [B][URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?385713-Kinship-Revamp-Proposal"][COLOR=#ed2669]A vote for the kinship revamp proposal is a vote for progress! Vote today![/COLOR][/URL][/B]