We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

85 and slightly lost

Hello everyone,
    Okay, well i got to level85, started raiding etc, blah blah blah..... then realised that i'd not a clue what gear i should be going for, or what legacies i should go for on my LI. This is probably because I didnt pay any attention whatsoever to patchnotes, and I now dont understand what i should be going for. Previously i went for will, vitality then fate, but what now? Has anyone got some good gear suggestions for me? And LI legacies.... what would you all recommend? thanks in advance
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000002126b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Geindir View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Okay, well i got to level85, started raiding etc, blah blah blah..... then realised that i'd not a clue what gear i should be going for, or what legacies i should go for on my LI. This is probably because I didnt pay any attention whatsoever to patchnotes, and I now dont understand what i should be going for. Previously i went for will, vitality then fate, but what now? Has anyone got some good gear suggestions for me? And LI legacies.... what would you all recommend? thanks in advance
    I would imagine you might want the hytbold gear, but maybe you already have it. can you post a link to your character so people case see what you have equipped?
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1079872/146366987890734125/]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000012342d/01007/signature.png]Kavandor[/charsig]
    [/url]

First thing I would recomend would be a second eararing and a second bracelet. You also should wear a helmet.
    Second is going for the Hytbold-Stuff. But as I am no LM I can not tell you what Hytbold-combo is the best.
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Espina/2/27/2/2/85/Pogorausch/0/3/0/0/0/1/2/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Brutonus View Post
    First thing I would recomend would be a second eararing and a second bracelet. You also should wear a helmet.
    Haha! Just so you know, a lot of gear doesn't show up in the character screen because my.lotro sucks & doesn't get updated very fast. My character looks like she's wearing a bracelet and not a single other jewellery piece, because everything else is newer stuff. So just because there's a missing icon/item doesn't mean it's an empty slot.

OP, see if you can get into some GB and Annuminas 6-person groups. There's a ton of great jewellery dropping in those, including some gold stuff. The teal stuff in there is excellent. For rings, look into the Rohan Sage's rings.

Will-Vit-Fate is still the best order to go for stats, but you probably don't need a ton of fate - once you hit about 500 fate, the way ICPR works right now means you can't run out of power if you try.

Hytbold is the way to go, gear-wise, but it does take a little while. Check out this thread for the order in which to rebuild it to get your gear asap. It'll probably be a bit slow, 'cause you only get 25 Hytbold tokens a day, and you also need to be at different reputation levels with the various factions. As for which set to get - I know a lot of people like the 2-set bonus on the Animal-friend set, but I don't what other bonuses people go for (my LM isn't to 85 yet).

You have 3 options with your LM in a raid, dependig on the content.

1. CC (crowd control) and debuff: 4 pieces of the yellow Orthanc set and 2 pieces of the yellow Erebor set= 40 sec. mez with blinding flash.

2. Damage: 4 pieces of the red Hydtbolt set and 2 pieces of the red Etten set = +20% fire damage

3. Support heal: 4 pieces of the blue Hydtbolt set and 2 pieces of the blue Etten set = adds dot to becon of hope +2 pulses to water lore and (if traited) groupheal for wizardfire.

These are just the sets useable for most of the content. Depending on the situatioin you can try other sets and/or combinations. If the Ettenset is not availabe to you, you can either go for other combinations or two classitems.

Depending on the situation/ content you will have to stack will/ vita. With decent gear fate shoud not be a problem.

Because of the good powerregeneration with fate you shoud be able to share power with your group in each traitline. The same goes for stun immunity.

Concerning LIs I go for fire damage. For stun immunity you can trait sign of power duration on your book. For CC -resist to debuffing skills (book). These are just basic options, as you know, there are some other LIs with their own benefits.

You can not recommed one setup for the lm. The above mentioned setups are not the best gear for every situation, but they shoud cover the basics.
    Last edited by Asterotg; Mar 14 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    lvl 85 lm (main), lvl 85 champ, lvl 85 rk, lvl 85 hunter, lvl 85 minni

Quote Originally Posted by Asterotg View Post
    For stun immunity you can trait sign of power duration on your book.
    Don`t forget that it also affects SOP: See All Ends, so you`ll need the legacy at 16 seconds at least to get 100% uptime of this important debuff.
    Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!