We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I still want a cosmetic tunic with the words "The RNG hates me" embroidered on it.

The one time I hit something really grand was the first Draigoch raid I ever did. I rolled and got second pick of the stuff... of course, I missed reading the first group of items up for grabs, and so ended up missing the Scale, and the Symbol. >.< I think I got a sealed relic.

My luck on War Bands is about the same. Can I interest anyone in trading a Symbol for my 150 Battered Rings? I've got a few Orc-head-on-a-pike I'd love to sell if they weren't bound. Sad when the best stuff you find is only able to be vendored.
    [SIZE=2][B][I]Concerts, Crafting, Cosmetics, Horse Races, Chicken Runs, Role Play, Exploration, Screenshots, Video Capture, ... Oh, yeah, and some fighting the forces of evil bent on world domination and tyranny. [/I][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    People keep interjecting this tripe into these kind of conversations. Gold items are supposed to be rare, yes, but they are NOT rare. People are getting multiple gold items on the same character while others are getting zero.

There's some sort of loot distribution bug that is affecting people. Some get way way more loot and others get way less or none at all.
    What I don't understand is what evidence there is that it is certain people getting more loot than others or whether it's just statistics/probability. I do agree that they should tweak the drops so that you can't get more than 1 of a BoA gold item. The second is effectively just 6s or something ridiculous!
    Trumble, Leader of the [URL="http://www.wotwt.shivtr.com/"]Wardens of the White Tree[/URL], Laurelin

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000018eb91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Maybee they should just remove the boxes from instances altogether and put every item in the skirm camps for x number of seals.
    At least that way you could guarantee that running x number of instances would guarantee you the item you want.
    Also make everything in the camps B2A and it would prevent farming.
    That's going to be the only fair way of loot distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    I went into Thadur on my hunter for the first time since I can last remember and got the gold pocket item. But, other than that, haven't had a single class item drop on my hunter or any other character yet. My girlfriend has 5 (yes, FIVE) of the gold minstrel hats from BfE, two gold warden pieces, and a gold bracelet on her hunter though, in the same amount of time as it took me to get one. So, it seems like the RNG favors some people over others. I also know a champ on our server who's gotten four of the gold cloaks.
    I have indeed got 5 minstrel hats from BfE back when symbols dropped from there, and I got the Annuminas Warden Jacket after about 10 Annuminas runs, the Warden Pocket after like 5 thadurs, and the hunter bracelet after 1 School run.

The Annuminas Jacket I can't use because I'm a tanking warden and that jacket is mainly agi no vit. I obviously can't use 5 hats at once so that's unfortunate. But it seems to me that it's just luck, I've been after the warden cloak for a long time, running Warg Pens over and over with my boyfriend's champ who is looking for the Champ boots to no avail. This is purely luck.

I'd also like to add that I've been after the minstrel shield and the bracelet and have stopped farming Erebor and Mirkwood 3 mans on my minstrel because I have since came to the conclusion that those 5 hats are the only class items I will ever get on my minstrel.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

They are supposed to be rare...with luck hopefully you get it sooner..
    At least the instances are really easy, you wont need to assemble 12 good players for a weekly chance that olloch might drop from saruman t2c...oh and win the roll ofc. Though I agree they should make class items available for barter with seals. Perhaps use the same system as audacity, first one is cheap and it gets more and more expensive from there. that way,people are forced to run stuff with a guaranteed reward. This way you can run any instance for seals and can get other class items from barter....not that one specific itm from w/e instance you are in that might not drop for the next 200 runs. You shouldn be rewarded for effort,no matter where you choose to spend it. Also,make certain items unique, armor,weapons, necklaces, pockets. Earrings rings and bracers atleast you can wear 2 at once. Nothing more annoying than getying the same thing over and over....there goes your 2% drop chance..wasted on the same item....
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    They are supposed to be rare...with luck hopefully you get it sooner..
    At least the instances are really easy, you wont need to assemble 12 good players for a weekly chance that olloch might drop from saruman t2c...oh and win the roll ofc. Though I agree they should make class items available for barter with seals. Perhaps use the same system as audacity, first one is cheap and it gets more and more expensive from there. that way,people are forced to run stuff with a guaranteed reward. This way you can run any instance for seals and can get other class items from barter....not that one specific itm from w/e instance you are in that might not drop for the next 200 runs. You shouldn be rewarded for effort,no matter where you choose to spend it. Also,make certain items unique, armor,weapons, necklaces, pockets. Earrings rings and bracers atleast you can wear 2 at once. Nothing more annoying than getying the same thing over and over....there goes your 2% drop chance..wasted on the same item....
    While getting more than one of the same item is annoying, I'd hate for class items to be able to be bartered. Is it not enough that you can get 1st agers, that item that was pretty difficult to get at one point, now in the skirm camp for a mere 488 seals??? Then we'd have noobs with first agers and class items who only have to farm school to get seals and complete t1 once (which is a complete face roll) in order to get the best gear in the game but still have no idea how to play their class. You use to be able to tell how decent a player was based on their gear, now everyone has shinies and it's hard to tell at times. I ran school with someone who had first agers and decent gear who made us wipe in school because he didn't know how to kite... Enough said.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

I just tallied up all the "Boss Kills" on the scaled instances for my main character (Chromite) alone last night. I had 1110 "Boss Kills" ever since December when the scaled instances got loot. I ran several more instances after tallying so I'm probably at or around 1120 Boss Kills now.

I still have gotten zero golden class items. I have probably another 100-150+ boss kills on my other characters as well. Zero gold class items.

I just witnessed another captain getting golden shoulder class item last night and he, of course, already had the item :-/

This is just nuts.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Personally I would love it if, if it were possible to code this, if the % chance of winning a gold item (and perhaps teals) per instance cluster, per character, slowly increased the more you ran it on that character, capping at like 15% or something lowish but not ridiculously low after a certain amount of runs (whether it should cap at 50, or 200, I'll leave up to debate lol).

Winning a gold item on that toon would reset the percentage back to its lowest number for that instance cluster, to help prevent someone winning two jewelry items immediately from that same instance cluster (though of course this is still possible).

The % would be reset to its lowest value after a certain amount of time (perhaps weekly, monthly, or after every major update to the game). How often it is reset naturally determines at what number, per instance cluster, the % cap is hit per toon. Perhaps, depending on the tier or difficulty of the instances run, the % rises slower or faster. Like, a T2C completion of Fires of Smaug should yield a higher % rise in the overall pool of the Erebor cluser than a T1 completion of BFE. Perhaps 10 FoS T2C completions would equal the same % rise in your chances of a gold item as 100 t1 BFE runs.

A lowish cap for rare item drops (say, golds) that doesn't remain at the impossible .5% or whatever, but is still low enough to have an element of chance to it, allows Turbine to keep that luck factor, but also rewards players who spend more time playing the content. A reset to that % gives perhaps more incentive to players to run all these instances before the reset. The reset of the % chance, per instance cluster, would be open knowledge. The % cap would preferably be as well, but that is not as crucial. The number of instances to get to that % cap, per instance cluster, would be known.

This system would only apply to armour and jewelry (perhaps only golds, perhaps teals as well). 1st age symbols and other accessories would remain on their own system, since they can be bartered for for the most part.

My two cents, spurred by this topic.
    Last edited by Laire; Apr 04 2013 at 03:49 PM.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    While getting more than one of the same item is annoying, I'd hate for class items to be able to be bartered. Is it not enough that you can get 1st agers, that item that was pretty difficult to get at one point, now in the skirm camp for a mere 488 seals??? Then we'd have noobs with first agers and class items who only have to farm school to get seals and complete t1 once (which is a complete face roll) in order to get the best gear in the game but still have no idea how to play their class. You use to be able to tell how decent a player was based on their gear, now everyone has shinies and it's hard to tell at times. I ran school with someone who had first agers and decent gear who made us wipe in school because he didn't know how to kite... Enough said.
    Yes, first agers were much harder to.get at 75 when it took months to gear. Having a first age then just said you beat t2c with a good group. Does it mean everyone who had them are good?no. There were people with first age books.who.couldnt heal, fa belts and cant keep aggro etc. JUST like it is now. I like bartered FAs because it gave everyone a chance,even those good players who cant get into t2 and are 5x better than those in raid kins.Yea noobs are.getting it too but who cares? My raid group and kin has gotten almost everyone geared. We dont careif some noob has FAs for legacy farming, or full gold jewelry/armor because it doesnt help us as a kin. Or just move all good gear to t2c next update with roll/pass with locks so we can go back to running around showing off our shiny t2c gear to everyone because clearly you are pro on your class if you have non bartered gear.

That sux chromite....hope your luck changes soon...Dont worry, im sure you still do alot better than most playing your class. i pretty much stopped trying to grind fornost hunter earring and the dagger(and everything on burg)...just started playing the game...% boost in stats arent worth all that frustration, after all we play the game for fun
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2