We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Update 10 Gold Items

So I've ran BFE 200+ Times GB 400+ Times and Peak 100+ Times and have not seen a gold item.

For fun while we all do this senseless grind share the golds you got and how many runs it took!
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Whoops, thought this was a general discussion, not hunter specific...
    Last edited by Sthrax; Mar 14 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Cool First of all..you are insane.

I hear the applicaton of sunlight increases drop rate. Try it.

Secondly, with the 53 Bajillion gold you earned from those runs, I am sure you can buy whatever you need on the Ah.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000bba2f/01001/signature.png]Braag[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bard85 View Post
    I hear the applicaton of sunlight increases drop rate. Try it.

Secondly, with the 53 Bajillion gold you earned from those runs, I am sure you can buy whatever you need on the Ah.
    lol you cant buy BOA items from the AH.
    Melliot - Hobbit Hunter and many alts :)

All the way since Rohan launched, probably well over 1000+ instances ran that give a possibility of dropping golds - but none have ever dropped for me. It is just based on luck, but thankfully with this update, there have been numerous alternatives introduced that give proc chances for buffs to occur - much like the Gold items would do, so whilst the Gold items would be superior (In most cases, but not all), there are so many new items that are nearly at a match for the Gold items, both with stats and proc buff.

I am very happy with the new Rohan Ring system, much like Orthanc's necklace, and this is a good example of loot which can be acquired without luck, but still holds value that nearly (And I think it goes over) matches that of a Gold item.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Since U10, the drop rate for gold items has been increased to a reasonable level. Before U10, I never saw one drop for me or others in dozens of raids and hundreds of instances (from T1 to T2CM). During the last 10 days, I saw 4 of them drop (3 in about 50 Erebor T1s (Battle and Smaug), 1 out of 2 complete GB CM runs).

The drop rate is still low enough that it is not worthwhile to farm a particular gold one, but the chance to get some is not so bad any longer. However, that is still the icing on the cake. It is much more important that there are teal alternatives which are only a bit worse and which are accessible on a more reliable basis.

What I would like to see is a much larger chance for gold from T2CM chests which really would be an incentive to do it more than once. But how would we know as I doubt that there will be many T2CM runs in the future to get enough data about it.

By the way, does anyone know a good alternative to the gold Horse-Lords hunter bracelets?

Quote Originally Posted by FinrodMacBeorn View Post
    By the way, does anyone know a good alternative to the gold Horse-Lords hunter bracelets?
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...#39;s_Bracelet

That's pretty close, drops in Annuminas-Glinghant.
    Megabob

Quote Originally Posted by Oldin View Post
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...#39;s_Bracelet

That's pretty close, drops in Annuminas-Glinghant.
    Thank you. Very nice, as there is a lot of attractive new jewelry in other slots - but all without morale or much vita. Even in the glass canon build, we need a bit of it.

Got 3 Erebor Hunter Cloaks within 150 BfE runs.

Yet 0 FA in 200+..............
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Ran countless hundreds of runs with guard with no luck. Hunters 1st dungy run ever he gets the golden hunters boots. Go figure
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001b4a57/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Skulkins Lumpytoad Dirkens

[URL]http://redemptionff.guildlaunch.com/[/URL]

I think it's really screwed up now how it's basically only dependent on luck. I've run BfE and GB and Annuminas instances many many times and only ever gotten 2 FAs from BfE (which is ridiculous in the first place) and a necklace recipe. Besides that I have yet to even see a gold drop. Only gold drop I've ever seen in a raid is the Erebor Captains Shoulders a few days ago.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

It's kinda annoying that everything is based purely on luck. I've been running for example BfE at least 10 times a day since it launched and have only a huge collection of t5 and 6 relics and few star light crystals. No first age, no gold items...nothing. I also went more often than I want to remember the 3 and 6 man instances where I got at least some nice teals stuff thats about it =/

Ctrl + K to actually see how many runs you've really finished, watch as your face goes O_o WHUT?!? that's for people who think they've ran over 400+ runs. over exaggerate much? (Boss Kills count as however many bosses there were in that instance that you killed not just the end boss)

It can be done though - teamed up with a guy on Sammy two days ago - no names ofc. He had the lot - 2HL bracelets, every other gold item known, FAs - don't ask me how he did it!
    Personally I've had 1 HL jewel recipe drop (wrong type of course) - which failed to crit when I got some useless/unlucky kin jeweller to do it (at 73% ffs ).
    On the other hand I had a FA symbol drop on me 1st run of FTTLM, so I'm not completely unlucky - just not as lucky as the guy above
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000137154/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No need to spam track - it's in a tin in the cupboard.

~40 GB Sambrog runs, 2 of the hunter pocket items. Got 1st on my 2nd run, 2nd token on the ~40th
    Also got a lvl 50 version just yesterday helping a hunter through thadur!

I guess dwarf hunters are that bit luckier
    Trumble, Leader of the [URL="http://www.wotwt.shivtr.com/"]Wardens of the White Tree[/URL], Laurelin

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000018eb91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Trumble-Chimney View Post
    ~40 GB Sambrog runs, 2 of the hunter pocket items. Got 1st on my 2nd run, 2nd token on the ~40th
    Also got a lvl 50 version just yesterday helping a hunter through thadur!
    312 Sammy runs yet no pocket.. Can I have your luck Trumble?

BTW congrats on your 3rd lvl 85 gold pocket!
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

I went into Thadur on my hunter for the first time since I can last remember and got the gold pocket item. But, other than that, haven't had a single class item drop on my hunter or any other character yet. My girlfriend has 5 (yes, FIVE) of the gold minstrel hats from BfE, two gold warden pieces, and a gold bracelet on her hunter though, in the same amount of time as it took me to get one. So, it seems like the RNG favors some people over others. I also know a champ on our server who's gotten four of the gold cloaks.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

I've been pretty lucky - got my gold hunter's dagger on a Great Goblin run, and got the Cardolan Hunter's Token the other day in Thadur.

I was able to get one FA symbol in BfE T1 before they nerfed it - haven't been able to complete either of Battle T2 or Smaug T2 to try for it there for my other FA.

Zero luck in getting any of the Horse Lord's recipes to drop..... oh well... just going to keep on keeping on!

. Montras (Main - Hunter 95); Goswen (Minstrel - 95): Monntras (Captain - 21) ; Amtu (Black Arrow R8) Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle

im a champion but its still the same situation

Ive been running sambrogs a little (ive got about 120 seals, so not that many times, ive done a few glighgjhfkjhsjkhkjhunts, BfEs and one t2 smaug), and my gold helm dropped from there. Its a chank item, so not really ideal but it still dropped for me. Ive seen 2 burg pockets, and 1 hunter pocket drop as well.

Ive also had 2 horse lord bracelets drop from the hytbold crafting dailys. One from the scholar rat boss, and one from a prospector random humanoid mob.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

I'm pretty disappointed in the bonus from the bracelet compared to some of the other bonus's.

I have yet to get any of the class gold items...the only ones i think i would really like are the pocket item and the off-hand i think those are what to go for as a hunter but the other ones have nice stats but the set bonus's are not fantastic.
    Ravdor, Hunter | Bamor, R12 Warden | Imladris -> CrickHollow | Raid Leader of DarkCarnage
    www.youtube.com/ravdor || www.twitch.tv/bamorz

Still at nothing for golds really lol.... I think luck is toon based or something seems either people have 5 golds or none...
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Still at nothing for golds really lol.... I think luck is toon based or something seems either people have 5 golds or none...
    Yup. I'm one of the ones that has not gotten a single class gold item across three separate characters and I've been grinding since December.

There's a dwarf hunter on our server that is almost completely decked out in class gold items, horse-lords stuff, etc.

And then there's people who keep getting multiple repeated gold items.

This needs to be fixed.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

My hunter has never had a gold item drop but others in group have.
    I'm not complaining though, in less than a week I've had loads of decent teal, 3 stat tomes, 3 lootboxes (worthless) and a riddermark crystal. Plenty enough to use, or sell on AH yielding enough coin to buy the item I want.

There seems to way to many threads recently complaining that rare items are way to rare.
    That's the point isn't it; they're RARE.

Idea. make 1A and Gold drop like crazy, give them to everyone, we can then all run about in the same kit and then complain that there's no rare items worth earning any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    There seems to way to many threads recently complaining that rare items are way to rare.
    That's the point isn't it; they're RARE.

Idea. make 1A and Gold drop like crazy, give them to everyone, we can then all run about in the same kit and then complain that there's no rare items worth earning any more.
    People keep interjecting this tripe into these kind of conversations. Gold items are supposed to be rare, yes, but they are NOT rare. People are getting multiple gold items on the same character while others are getting zero.

There's some sort of loot distribution bug that is affecting people. Some get way way more loot and others get way less or none at all.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast