We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So what did I miss?

O hello.

Been there and back again. What did I miss, other than Rohan? Is mounted combat as hyped as it looks? Still grinding to get the latest fashion gears? Ettenmoors still as boring as ever?

64 views and no reply.

I remember Nimrodel was much friendlier last time I'm around LOL... Guess last time I checked in was over a year ago.

Guess no one remembers me anymore...... /le_sigh
    Last edited by Redbeaver; Mar 13 2013 at 05:18 PM.

I remember ya Dav. Great to see a familiar old face.

You've missed a lot, though the best way to explain it is for you to experience it yourself in game.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/Annatar_2007/signature_prayer_zpse71bebfe.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=#0000cd][B]Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon[/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers[/COLOR][/B]

[/CENTER]

I think it's still as friendly as ever, but you're not going to get a ton of traffic on the forums. You'll have more luck popping into GLFF I think.

Chances are you'll see lots of calls for the new raids and folks talking about U10 gear. And at 65, you've got a lot of new content to run and Hytbold to rebuild - so lots to look forward too!
    At home on Nimrodel for 4 years.
    Hadleighy/champ/100 (main), Brynnraen/guard/100 (retired main) , Zarefina/mini/100 (solo), Hazriel/LM/88, Rachlarien/RK/83, Brynreign/Beorn/71, Rudbekia/burg/34, Aysawen/capt/36, Haddley/hunter/16

I went old school and installed a N64 emulator on my PC, Ocarina of Time has better mounted combat than LOTRO

Truth be told, you haven't missed a thing.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    I went old school and installed a N64 emulator on my PC, Ocarina of Time has better mounted combat than LOTRO

Truth be told, you haven't missed a thing.
    hi Gil!

ya. last time i logged in was July 2011...

here's a quick question. never bought mirkwood, so i was stuck at 65. if i buy Rohan, will it let me level up as a free player?

hmmm mounted combat sounds discouraging, the forum was all about complaints, but its always like that. more people talk about how pretty they can make their war horses instead haha.

how bout server population, gil? remember 1.5yr ago, it was a little dry, even with the influx of free players...

so after a few hours of 13Gb worth of download, another couple hours to install the high-res pack, now it's updating game data which at 750/7944 after running for half an hour?

what is this &&&&?

lol this game is depressing already and i havent even logged in...

edit: cr4p is censored? seriously? i was going for something worse... whats with this new forum anyway? posting message windows looks weird in both Chrome and IE...

Smile Haven't played for three months

I haven't played for three months and was looking over the new update. I was playing every night through December '12 and the pool of Kinnies was ever dwindling b/c prob. in GW2. Thought I might log in again after I have caught up on work and see if the Kin has its numbers back up - not so much fun just rebuilding Hytbold.

Plym - Ancient Glory
    Last edited by Pierre_de_Plym; Mar 14 2013 at 02:50 PM.

what is this Hytbold stuff people been talking about?

Spidey =/= Gil.

Spidey does not have an unhealthy obsession with cows and things involving milking them.

Hi Davadin!

No, you haven't missed that much really. Rohan is all right, nice region; mounted combat is eehhh, only really useful in a handful of places, like warbands; grinding for gear has taken on a whole new terrifying reality, with the new loot assignment system and rare items from specific instance clusters.

Ettenmoors is still the Ettenmoors, the landscape and things you aim for might be slightly different, but the method is still the same.

Hytbold is... a bit strange. Basically, there is a ruined town in Rohan. You can do daily quests to gain tokens to rebuild it and rebuilding it will give you access to armour sets and other things. The armour isn't bad. It's supposed to be a high level alternative to raiding for set armour.

Currently the flavour of the month for 85s is the new Erebor instance cluster, which has some nice gear, symbols for 85 first ages and set armour to be had (although, one of the instances is shut right now, so some people can't do the deed to get the armour)

If you play a dps class a lot, crit has been changed a bit, be aware.

Hey Dav!

I heard yous was back from droilan.

He was excited, I was excited. The wolf lords has a file uploader so we can easily share screen shots and stuff.

Your rank 7 or 8 or whatever power ranger Flash-hands picture is in there.
    Its legendary, to say the least.

Any who, glad to see you!

-Dhreg/Malebocks

Just realized I have two forum accounts under the same login?
    What is the world coming to...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000036aee/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Super Monsters Ate My Condo!

Quote Originally Posted by Piff View Post
    Hi Davadin!

No, you haven't missed that much really. Rohan is all right, nice region; mounted combat is eehhh, only really useful in a handful of places, like warbands; grinding for gear has taken on a whole new terrifying reality, with the new loot assignment system and rare items from specific instance clusters.

Ettenmoors is still the Ettenmoors, the landscape and things you aim for might be slightly different, but the method is still the same.

Hytbold is... a bit strange. Basically, there is a ruined town in Rohan. You can do daily quests to gain tokens to rebuild it and rebuilding it will give you access to armour sets and other things. The armour isn't bad. It's supposed to be a high level alternative to raiding for set armour.

Currently the flavour of the month for 85s is the new Erebor instance cluster, which has some nice gear, symbols for 85 first ages and set armour to be had (although, one of the instances is shut right now, so some people can't do the deed to get the armour)

If you play a dps class a lot, crit has been changed a bit, be aware.
    Interesting! Thank you, and do allow me to pose a few more questions (no spoilers please, i love enjoying the lore (or whatever left of it) in this game:

- so, for 85s, there are Hytbold armors, "raid set armors", and new Erebor instance clusters? which one is the raid? Epic quests?
    - so Rohan mounter combat is meh, but is it *required* or even *recommended* for any part of the game? Or one can simply avoid mounted combat altogether and still enjoy the game?
    - can you do mounted combat in the 'moors??????

Quote Originally Posted by Gibar View Post
    The wolf lords has a file uploader so we can easily share screen shots and stuff.

Your rank 7 or 8 or whatever power ranger Flash-hands picture is in there.
    Its legendary, to say the least.
    holy &&&&, SHARE THE INFO, brah!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    O hello.

Been there and back again. What did I miss, other than Rohan? Is mounted combat as hyped as it looks? Still grinding to get the latest fashion gears? Ettenmoors still as boring as ever?
    Hey dude,
    The cold in Ontario is catching up with ya so you decided to lotro it up? Hehe. You have not missed much and should be able to catch up in no time. Enjoy!
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

- so, for 85s, there are Hytbold armors, "raid set armors", and new Erebor instance clusters? which one is the raid? Epic quests?
    - so Rohan mounter combat is meh, but is it *required* or even *recommended* for any part of the game? Or one can simply avoid mounted combat altogether and still enjoy the game?
    - can you do mounted combat in the 'moors??????!
    Battle for Erebor, Fires of Smaug, both 12-person lair raids; and Flight to the Lonely Mountain, which is also 12-person, but is currently our only raid without any kind of boss (it's also shut right now). You have to do the deeds (which are lv 85 only) for these to unlock the armour sets, BUT there are also some gold items to be had from the raids themselves, which are class-specific armours. The raids are all fully scaled and they open at 20, so you sometimes have lowbies with low-lvl versions of the gold items. Scaled instances everywhere.

The Epic quests are still there, no new ones yet.

Unfortunately there are some quests in Rohan that require mounted combat and a lot of the enemies will be mounted. If you want to do warbands at all, you'll need to be on a war-steed (I hate warbands, some people love them). I personally haven't done very much with my war steed. Don't outright avoid it though. You can't do mounted combat in the Moors, or anywhere else outside Rohan right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Hey dude,
    The cold in Ontario is catching up with ya so you decided to lotro it up? Hehe. You have not missed much and should be able to catch up in no time. Enjoy!
    wassup my little hobbit minstrel destroyer?

its another snowday here in Ottawa. blah.

yeah im half way through Isengard now (Saruman is a jerk!) and it's really good storylines and quests. nothing completely groundbreaking, but im enjoying the scenery at least. give me a few more weeks to hit 85 and i'll join u back in the moors, saying hi to old creepsies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piff View Post
    Battle for Erebor, Fires of Smaug, both 12-person lair raids; and Flight to the Lonely Mountain, which is also 12-person, but is currently our only raid without any kind of boss (it's also shut right now). You have to do the deeds (which are lv 85 only) for these to unlock the armour sets, BUT there are also some gold items to be had from the raids themselves, which are class-specific armours. The raids are all fully scaled and they open at 20, so you sometimes have lowbies with low-lvl versions of the gold items. Scaled instances everywhere.

The Epic quests are still there, no new ones yet.

Unfortunately there are some quests in Rohan that require mounted combat and a lot of the enemies will be mounted. If you want to do warbands at all, you'll need to be on a war-steed (I hate warbands, some people love them). I personally haven't done very much with my war steed. Don't outright avoid it though. You can't do mounted combat in the Moors, or anywhere else outside Rohan right now.
    interesting! so, those "lair raids"... are they all from The Hobbit era? lol

and whats warbands?

ah, no mounted combat in moors. why not? let us have those, and let wargs have Goblins riding them doing ranged attacks lol

interesting! so, those "lair raids"... are they all from The Hobbit era? lol

and whats warbands?
    Yup, with the Hobbit film out, we're seeing a lot of tie-ins, the Road to Erebor cluster has, seven(?) instances total now; three raids, three 3-mans and one 6-man.

Warbands are mounted encounters on the Rohan landscape. When you see people calling for help with Bugud, that's a warband. I don't really do them very often, so I don't know that much. As you get near the warband, you'll get a landscape quest to kill it (which is a new thing in Rohan, landscape quests), which will give a box when you do. I don't know what can come out of them apart from marks/medallions/seals and the occasional warsteed cosmetic item, some people have got nice things, I never did, but then I'd have to do them more, I think.

Schwing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000036aee/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gibar2 View Post

Schwing.
    That's f**kin epic.

That is epic, indeed.

O hai!

Nevermind me. Just trolling.

Davadin!

long time no see..