We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Second Account

Unhappy Second Account

Hello,
    Yesterday i installed the LOTRO free to play game. And i do like the game.
    So my mother wants to make an account too.
    She lives in the same house as i do.
    But she cannot create an account and we don't know why.
    We have tried everything by now as far as we know.
    Every time when she filled everything in and clicks the "sign up" button, she gets redirected to the same page with an error by the username that is has to be 6 characters or longer etc. Which every name we picked, was.
    Does anyone know why we cannot create an account for her?

When I made my first account, I also received an error that redirected me to the same page. I made another account then (using a different email address then I did the first time), without getting an error. However, after some time, I accidentally logged in with the username and password that I made up the first time (the ones that I received the error message with). I was really surprised to find that the account worked despite my previous error message. Of course, since I already had my second account I never use that one, but the point is – maybe you could try logging into the game and checking if any of the accounts you made work?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001d7f98/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The one problem I found in a similar situation was the email address. I was able to create the new account just when I provided a new email address, I read the email address has to be from a well-know provider like Yahoo or Google. Other than that I cannot offer any other advice. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Eivrim View Post
    The one problem I found in a similar situation was the email address. I was able to create the new account just when I provided a new email address, I read the email address has to be from a well-know provider like Yahoo or Google. Other than that I cannot offer any other advice. Good luck
    Unfortunately that is not working since we tried a yahoo, gmail and hotmail adress. Different names and different adresses.

I would like to try Arthadnel's option but she doesn't have the game dowloaded since the download button only appears after creating an account

Quote Originally Posted by Leothe View Post
    Unfortunately that is not working since we tried a yahoo, gmail and hotmail adress. Different names and different adresses.

I would like to try Arthadnel's option but she doesn't have the game dowloaded since the download button only appears after creating an account
    Username isn't tied to a client, so you could try logging in to your computer's client using some
    of the credentials you attempted to create her account with. It won't harm anything on your
    system if they don't work.

You can download without creating a new account. Here's a link that should work: http://archive.lotro.com/support/download-lotro .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001d7f98/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Arthadnel View Post
    You can download without creating a new account. Here's a link that should work: http://archive.lotro.com/support/download-lotro .
    After a long download road..it did not work
    I really do not know why we cannot create an account

Quote Originally Posted by Leothe View Post
    Every time when she filled everything in and clicks the "sign up" button, she gets redirected to the same page with an error by the username that is has to be 6 characters or longer etc. Which every name we picked, was. Does anyone know why we cannot create an account for her?
    Just a guess: perhaps the culprit is the configuration of your Mom's browser (like: cookies and/or javascript disabled). Let her try a different browser, or a different PC (yours for example). And tell her: welcome to lotro
    [B]Pepys[/B]
    [COLOR=#40e0d0][SIZE=1]"Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving
    and leave all this behind". - (Hobbit in Waymeet)[/SIZE][/COLOR]