We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ancient Riddermark Scroll Case III

I was just wondering if anyone got or seen this scroll case?
    Thanks

There was Will pocket recipe in Snowbourn auction house yesterday so yes, they do drop somewhere.

They drop from lvl 85 humanoid mobs.
    Best way to farm them is Stoneheight T1 leave out the last 2 boss figths and reset instance takes 5 minutes a run.
    I saw in 67 runs now 2 drop .

I saw 1 drop in Bells of Dale today. And they fixed so beasts and insects in crafting instances can drop them too. Bosses in crafting instances have a bit higher chance.

The drop rate must be really very low. Never seen one drop in Estel :/

Where is the confirmation that scrollcase drop from all mobs, beasts include ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    And they fixed so beasts and insects in crafting instances can drop them too.
    I don't think that is true. My recollection is that non-humanoid *bosses* in the Crafting Instances have a chance to drop the special scroll cases, not regular bugs/bears/wolves.

I've not seen one on Eldar yet, either myself, on AH, in chat channels or from anyone I know.

I've seen 1 agility, 1 might and 1 will on Evernight. Still, the acquisition method is clearly utterly ridiculous. The best gear in the game for 3-5 slots should not be obtainable only through a one in a million drop from 85+ trash/landscape mobs.
    Last edited by Tarenius; Mar 20 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    The best gear in the game for 3-5 slots should not be obtainable only through a one in a million drop from 85+ trash/landscape mobs.
    In Russia/CIS it is called "Corean grind", because we first encountered it in Lineage 2.
    Rohan expansion definitely feels like it was made by NCSoft - new combat system based on single-skill spamming, tank&spank bosses, non-existant CC, LOTS of mindless grinding.
    Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

A kinmate found one in the Hytbold crafting instance, on the boss.

She looted the destiny one. Drop rate are just awesomely low if I could say.

The drop rate must be very low.
    I've been doing all 3 Hytbold instances every day for a month now, and I've never had anything usefull drop yet.
    The only reason I keep doing them is they're a quick and easy way to make coin from all the vendor trash.

I just found one by farming 85 mobs in Sutcrofts (under Bugud)

Quote Originally Posted by Olfaran View Post
    In Russia/CIS it is called "Corean grind", because we first encountered it in Lineage 2.
    Rohan expansion definitely feels like it was made by NCSoft - new combat system based on single-skill spamming, tank&spank bosses, non-existant CC, LOTS of mindless grinding.
    Exactly . I was playing Lineage 2 for 5 years and yes... this expansion brings back memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    I don't think that is true. My recollection is that non-humanoid *bosses* in the Crafting Instances have a chance to drop the special scroll cases, not regular bugs/bears/wolves.
    I've not seen one on Eldar yet, either myself, on AH, in chat channels or from anyone I know.
    It is true.
    Some people found some on simple mobs in these instances.

I recently found several ones (I, II, III) in Sutcrofts again.
    BTW, as they drop from any 85 mobs, did someone already find one in simple 85 skirmishes ?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    I recently found several ones (I, II, III) in Sutcrofts again.
    BTW, as they drop from any 85 mobs, did someone already find one in simple 85 skirmishes ?
    Thanks.
    On the landscape or crafting instances?

Also I have seen them drop in SG and Stoneheight.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe
    Currently playing on Gladden, formerly Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    On the landscape or crafting instances?
    Also I have seen them drop in SG and Stoneheight.
    On 85 mobs on South of Bugud.
    I kill them in loop (3 scrolls in 3 days, but it must be exceptional, usually 1 scroll in 2-3 weeks...)

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    On 85 mobs on South of Bugud.
    I kill them in loop (3 scrolls in 3 days, but it must be exceptional, usually 1 scroll in 2-3 weeks...)
    I got a might tome off the boss in a crafting instance. I don't see any lvl 85 mobs south of Bugud All the mobs in the orc camps are lvl 84. Where exactly do you run this loop??

Yep, just spent a couple of hours killing everything south of Bugud (twice), and apart from me the only lvl85 anything were a few Sutcroft Goats.
    The Orc camps are all lvl83/84 mobs, even the named Orcs in these camps are only lvl84. Mounted Orcs outside the camps are lvl84.

Loads of nice vendor junk, but nothing else.

Apart from the crafting instances and the warbands are there any lvl85 mobs anywhere in the Sutcrofts?

Some mounted mobs in the area around Bugud are L85. I think the Goblin Harriers? There are both L84 and 85 spawns, so if none of the 85s are up, you'll have to kill the 84s to get them to spawn.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Some mounted mobs in the area around Bugud are L85. I think the Goblin Harriers? There are both L84 and 85 spawns, so if none of the 85s are up, you'll have to kill the 84s to get them to spawn.
    Yes.
    I found nothing in the last 2 days, then a 3rd Riddermark III today on the same 85 mob, which repops sometimes as 84.

A friend got several Riddermark I & II recently on mobs in Parphad, but I never got anything there...
    I also farm Stoneheight T1 as Beastnas & Huorian said, but still nothing (I do the whole instance for the chest, but I even don't get a purple item most of the time)
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 10 2013 at 02:56 AM.

I finally got one of these yesterday from the scholar hybolt crafting instance. It dropped from a brigand archer. I've kept track of how many runs I've done (kept all my tokens of effort)
    154 runs. at around 40ish mobs per that's around 6200 kills
    However I'm a bit skeptical about the claim that bugs, wolves, bears and rats being able to drop these. They don't drop regular recipes ever. I don't see how the rare could be on their loot table.
    anyways there's my contribution to this nasty deal.

So I've spent about an hour a day for the last 6 days 'farming' the lvl85 mobs south of Bug after reading this thread.
    Still no Scroll, but I have had 9 lootboxes (and 1 key).
    Seeing as the first 7 boxes sold really quickly I figured that it might be worth opening the last 2.
    Big mistake, bound XP accelerators (what am I supposed to do with them at lvl cap?) and a Tattered Dress.