We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Broken Creepside Brands

Dear Devs,

Thank you SO much for effectively emasculating my creeps in pvmp. Not only did you nerf my brands by a factor of SIX! you took away any resist effect making them useless. Now I can enjoy chain stuns of 8 or more and give my freep opponents the easy kills they so richly deserve. They are, after all, so inherently weak to begin with. Seriuosly though, this has to be the most poorly thought out change Ive seen since starting my creep Pre ROI.

Poorly played devs.....poorly played
    [URL=http://s68.photobucket.com/user/green_genes/media/SigWargsmall_zps68f1cdd2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/green_genes/SigWargsmall_zps68f1cdd2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    No I don't have any qualms about killing you if you go AFK in the PvMP zone so don't bother asking :)

I agree. If they are going to make changes like this, they should at least apply them to bo... Oh, right, they did.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Agreed, Pet. Not to mention the added (silent) nerf to the Mordi brands and stun/root/fear pots in the delay from the time you hit them to the time they take effect.

All they had to do was adjust the Mordi brands, but nope. Now we're back to perma-stuns/mezzes and exploding before we can even do anything.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

My burglar and LM approve of this change.
    Jag

Smile Well said..

Well said ColeFire! I approve this one Zek, since you know its me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    I agree. If they are going to make changes like this, they should at least apply them to bo... Oh, right, they did.
    Yeah, I'm glad that they got rid of extended CC immunities on both sides... OH WAIT...

Even my Signature is trolling!

They should just give the Weaver a skill like the Lore-Master so we can hear less bitching.

They should not give it to the Weaver. They already have arguably the most diverse and powerful pvp skillset of any class.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    They should not give it to the Weaver. They already have arguably the most diverse and powerful pvp skillset of any class.
    You mean creepside, right?

I mean, Idk all that much about weavers, but I would consider wardens, champs, cappies (i.e., Brusef; few other cappies I've seen fully realize the potential of the class imo), mini's, LM's and RK's quite high on the versatility scale, too.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#008000]Palaverus Querulus (R11)[/COLOR], [COLOR=#00ffff]Jakyll Andhide (R6)​[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ff0000]Yellowsub Marine (R1)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffd700]Elendilmir[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by CirdalvalSilnuviel View Post
    You mean creepside, right?

I mean, Idk all that much about weavers, but I would consider wardens, champs, cappies (i.e., Brusef; few other cappies I've seen fully realize the potential of the class imo), mini's, LM's and RK's quite high on the versatility scale, too.
    In terms of a group orientated setup, I don't think any class has as much potential PvP utility that is as effective to what a weaver can (or should) perform.

Sure, they aren't healing people, but they have to lose somewhere, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    In terms of a group orientated setup, I don't think any class has as much potential PvP utility that is as effective to what a weaver can (or should) perform.

Huh. I wasn't aware of that. What I know is that they have pretty good DPS output (slightly nerfed with U10, I gather from some forums posts, but still...), were always top of the creepside CC pile, and can pop decent debuffs as well.

But again, can't pretty much every freep class I mentioned do the same, if not more? AfaIk, sometimes with a little bit of macro-gear swapping and/or in-combat stance/consumable/rotation juggling:

1. wardens can debuff and DPS/tank (and even CC a bit).
    2. cappies can buff allies and debuff opponents while healing and providing decent DPS.
    3. champs have excellent survivability, AoE as well as single-target DPS and a few CC options.
    4. LM's, as with cappies, have buffs, debuffs and heals plus AoE DPS and CC.
    5. RK's can put out astonishing heals but can now also provide group condition removal, or on the flip side extreme DPS and CC.
    6. mini's provide excellent healing or superb DPS, plus some helpful CC.

In addition, you have guards that can tank, support healers and still throw out decent-to-good DPS; burgs that might be squishy but can provide healthy burst DPS and also harass the opposition's healers; and the nominally ultra-squishy hunters, who have poison removal but more importantly some of the best ranged DPS in the game in addition to varied CC options - including an AoE stun-and-slow.

Disclaimer: I'm just putting in everything I know of freeps, although this may be a bit outdated/incomplete.

Funnily enough, I know more about that freep classes than I do of creepside lol. Maybe that's because I spend so much time 1v1'ing and hanging out with a freep kin.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#008000]Palaverus Querulus (R11)[/COLOR], [COLOR=#00ffff]Jakyll Andhide (R6)​[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ff0000]Yellowsub Marine (R1)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffd700]Elendilmir[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Completely disagree.

Primary targets are immune to my meaningful crowd control 90% of the time against organized competition (and due to will providing fear resistance, they tend to be the hardest targets to get our fear to land on).

Primary debuff targets can (and do) self cleanse my debuffs (and my damage) as fast as I can put it on against organized competition (Minstrel SoS self cleanse with pvp healing set/RK perma self cleanse spam with 0 cooldown Scribe a new ending).

Web the earth is broken.

We're marginally useful at CC against DPS classes (who tend to not get stun immunity and who often wear non-audacity gear in raids), that's about the extent of the raid usefulness of a spider in U10.

We're still a pretty decent roaming/ambush class. But we're a wasted raid spot this update. Better to bring a BA.

And to those who say spiders should get a stun immunity skill, I say no. I'd rather they just remove SOP:R from the moors entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Completely disagree.

Primary targets are immune to my meaningful crowd control 90% of the time against organized competition (and due to will providing fear resistance, they tend to be the hardest targets to get our fear to land on).

Primary debuff targets can (and do) self cleanse my debuffs (and my damage) as fast as I can put it on against organized competition (Minstrel SoS self cleanse with pvp healing set/RK perma self cleanse spam with 0 cooldown Scribe a new ending).

Web the earth is broken.

We're marginally useful at CC against DPS classes (who tend to not get stun immunity and who often wear non-audacity gear in raids), that's about the extent of the raid usefulness of a spider in U10.

We're still a pretty decent roaming/ambush class. But we're a wasted raid spot this update. Better to bring a BA.
    Suppose that's where the 'should' part comes into it.

I sympathise with where your class is currently, that really sucks man.

I think brands deserve to be where they are right now. Perhaps making the other ranked ones a bit more useful though.

Suppose that's where the 'should' part comes into it.

I sympathise with where your class is currently, that really sucks man.
    Yeah, we've actually had a couple of the "well maybe you could swap to your (insert alt class here)" moments come up when we've been up against the wall when the organized freep groups show up. Previously, on E spiders in raids were used primarily to harass and debuff healers. Healers can no longer be harrassed or debuffed. Nor can they be effectively CC'd (freepside at least). So we're kind of left without a role.

We can trait damage, but DOT damage is not nearly as good to have in this environment as direct damage. Targets need to be dropped in seconds against organized freeps, and most of our damage is tied up in DoTs. DoTs are ignored by shield walled targets, are very easily cleared in the current meta-environment (even champs can hot-swap to a tripple poison + tripple wound cleanse... just lol). Spiders are a wasted spot if there is a mid-ranked BA with full audacity available to fill.

In situations were a group of 12 freeps is easily wiping a group of 18 creeps with 1-2 total casualties, creeps have to min/max their raid. In my estimation, the trend will be to stack more DPS to even be able to get kills.

That's not to say that spiders are a poor class for solo situations, or very small scale combat.

I think brands deserve to be where they are right now. Perhaps making the other ranked ones a bit more useful though.
    I'm actually happy with the brand situation. They just need to "go all the way" with the change and take SOP:R out of the equation.

Brands were fine for both Freeps and Creeps until Turbine introduced store-bought brands for Freeps (RoI) and Mordirith's Brand for Creeps (U9). This PvP developer brain trust is like the new junior middle manager: both make changes for the sake of appearing relevant.
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1](D)[/SIZE][/I][SIZE=3]after thought criminal element[/SIZE]
    [B][I][U]time explained:[/U][/I][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jjZdyH6io[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

I'm actually happy with the brand situation. They just need to "go all the way" with the change and take SOP:R out of the equation.
    As a utility skill, I wouldn't want to see it taken out of the equation, but changed or made significantly less effective in the moors.

LM outperforms weaver all day in group play....Windlore:-50% ranged damage Firelore:-30% melee damage
    Sign of Power Righteousness: Stun Immunity Ents/Lightning/Stickygourd:afj;ldajf;a Waterlore: OP

#winning
    [I][b][center][color=red]Overlord Gothnon [/color][/center][/b][/I] [I][b][center][color=yellow]Brandywine[/color][/center][/b][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Krazything View Post
    LM outperforms weaver all day in group play....Windlore:-50% ranged damage Firelore:-30% melee damage
    Sign of Power Righteousness: Stun Immunity Ents/Lightning/Stickygourd:afj;ldajf;a Waterlore: OP

#winning
    Perhaps its closer to an apples and oranges debate than I originally thought.

Direct comparisons for the win, captains are better warleaders.

As a utility skill, I wouldn't want to see it taken out of the equation, but changed or made significantly less effective in the moors.
    I'm certainly down for seeing them experiment along these lines. What if in the moors you could only protect one target at a time, but as a trade-off it had a longer duration (personally i can't imagine how annoying keeping this skill up on 3-4 targets is)?

Plenty of ways they could limit it; having it apply a debuff that prevents it from being reapplied for x seconds so that there is a window. They could even reintroduce roots removing the buff.

It's just that they've REALLY brought crowd control back with the brand change coupled with the RoR diminishing return changes. That REALLY comes into play for our healers in group fights, and I think what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Perhaps its closer to an apples and oranges debate than I originally thought.

Direct comparisons for the win, captains are better warleaders.
    The warleader damage aura is vastly underrated. It's reaver crack.

The differences between the classes and the sides in general are probably the greatest draw this game's pvp has. It's unique in the MMO field. I'm a spider, not an LM and that's probably why I'm still playing this game so many years in.

The warleader damage aura is vastly underrated. It's reaver crack.
    you know that its 12,5% and not 25% right?like most creep % ratings (on dmg data and actual behaviour)
    Last edited by Tangaar; Mar 16 2013 at 07:57 AM.

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Take the now virtually worthless brand back and refund me my lootbox key TPs..all I got to say on the matter.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5668936TsVpp.png[/img][/url]
    Rank 12 Warleader, Flaprat Rank 11 Reaver, various other ones i'm useless at...

Quote Originally Posted by Laggus View Post
    Take the now virtually worthless brand back and refund me my lootbox key TPs..all I got to say on the matter.
    LOL

That's all I got to say.

Put the brands back like they were and give a creep class a stun immunity skill. Give the freeps a mordie type brand from the gv box or something. This standing chain stunned is stupid and useless. Why not just go whack a training dummy? Maybe they should let the gv training dummies drop coms/renown.
    Xalfang R10 warg, Xalweb R8 Spidey, Xalgnakah R8 Defiler/Bruzrat's pocket-healer, Euanggelion R8 Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Laggus View Post

I expected something like this would happen then.
    Massive QQ from freeps and subsequent intervention developers.
    In all the time I bought only 2 keys.
    Last edited by TEMPLAR.CZ; Mar 20 2013 at 03:02 AM.
    /// Inquisidor Blackarrow R15 /// Klausheimer Reaver R15 /// Kyklop Warleader R12 /// Chirurg Defiler R12 /// Specnaz Spider R11 ///

And to those who say spiders should get a stun immunity skill, I say no. I'd rather they just remove SOP:R from the moors entirely.
    Agreed, but failing that, they should at LEAST bring back the rank brands with the same effect as SOP:R with the original 1m duration and scaling cooldown but usable in combat. Having only stun/daze immunity for 1m out of 20 is still no where close to being a LM, but it's as close as we can get without cloning the skill to creepside. Getting extremely tiresome to see RK's and Mini's on our server bringing pocket lm's for the sign to make them nearly invincible. Only other way I have of interrupting them is fear and like you mentioned earlier, with a super high will stat, it's incredibly easy to resist it.

Most irritating instance to date: I had just hit a mini with latent poison (untraited) and he flopped. I was waiting for it to stun him out when his pocket lm came up on a horse and applied SOP just in time for me to see 'immune' pop above his head.
    Last edited by DrKeyLogger; Mar 25 2013 at 01:45 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215010000121363/signature.png]Eightlegfreak[/charsig]