We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A new Captain approaching legendarys

Hi El Capitans!

I have been levelling up my Captain recently and will soon approach the stage of getting a legendary weapon. I have seen threads like the dev thread one, with pictures of legendaries and quotes like 'this should never happen' etc but I don't understand whats wrong with the weapon!

Would you guys be able to explain what legendarys an end game captain should have with regards to legacies? So far it seems that I will need buff ones and then the ones I use in the instances proper (though this may change if these are integrated into the skills soon?) but I am unsure exactly which legacys are required for each one to be fully effective

Thanks in advance...

Rumstan
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    Dapple - Rank 10 Warg

Until cap: pump DPS, do what you want, have a buff stick on the side

At cap: find one of the previous discussions such as this one:
    http://casualstrolltomordor.com/2012...tain-legacies/
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Hendos View Post
    ...with pictures of legendaries and quotes like 'this should never happen' etc but I don't understand whats wrong with the weapon!
    Don't worry too much. I was being melodramatic. Sometimes when I see some of the legendary weapons that people show on the forums or link in game chat I get a little envious, because such fantastic weapons are really tough to get. To get a really good weapon, you need a lot of patience and a decent amount of luck.

But in the end, most of the worries about end-game weapons are trivial and only amount to the tiniest* of benefits.

You should just look for a couple of key useful legacies (Pressing Attack targets for the weapon, and Rallying Cry Cooldown for the emblem) and try to keep a weapon that is close to your level so you have enough dps to drive away the boredom.

*But in really tough end-game raids, they are important.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Hendos View Post
    Would you guys be able to explain what legendarys an end game captain should have with regards to legacies? So far it seems that I will need buff ones and then the ones I use in the instances proper (though this may change if these are integrated into the skills soon?) but I am unsure exactly which legacys are required for each one to be fully effective
    But to answer your original question, I was specifically looking for a 2-handed sword with 4 major legacies and useful passive stats. I'll use today's* abomination as an example:

First, the passive stats. the best passive stats are those that are useful for a captain: Might, Critical hit rating, Vitality, Morale. You can see that my sword has Parry rating, in-combat power regen, and agility. These stats don't matter too much, because you don't really get much from a 2-handed weapon, but it is surely annoying that I didn't get anything useful here.

Second, the legacies. The legacies I want to get are +To Arms Duration, +Telling Mark Damage, +Pressing Attack Max Targets, and +Pressing Attack Critical Rating. All of those are major legacies, denoted by the gold ring around the tier symbol. The sword I made today (and all the others ) ended up with 3 major legacies. When you get a legendary item, it starts with 3 major legacies, and it gets 3 more legacies as you level it up. If you are lucky, you get another major legacy, but most of the time you get a minor legacy. So far, since update 10, I have batted 0 for 9 on winning a major legacy from reforge. You can also add another major legacy to your legendary item using a Crystal of Remembrance, but they are selling for 200 gold on the auction house, or 995 Turbine Points.

*that's right, third dud in a row.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.

I'm busy taking all of Maedhric's luck. My emblem got 5 majors and most of my weapons have ended up with four.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Just to follow up: after I made that sword, I decided to turn it into a buff stick, and I realized how ugly (to me) it was, so I decided to make a halberd instead. The result was this beauty:

It still needs some work, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks very much for the replies guys much appreciated
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    Dapple - Rank 10 Warg