We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Yeah, if you do essentially nothing but work on Rallying Cries or have everything macro'd like a crazy person. Most people can't or won't do macros and there is a lot more to captain than just Rallying Cry spam.
    Stop insinuating I'm a crazy person, the voices in my head disagree with you!

Without solving the trigger or timer for the distributed attack, there is no tactical way to repeatably do this challenge. If it is buggy then beating challenge consistently comes down to luck, which was promised to be reduced in raid boss mechanics years ago (still holding out for that one lol). I have seen 4 people around me die instantly with me in the centre of them, so proximity may not be the deciding factor on the distributed attack, but it's hard to make any conclusive statements when it seems buggy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000007e90/signature.png]Esthero[/charsig]

Vertigo - 65 Captain - Pariah
    Escyndir - 65 Champion - Pariah
    Dartsk - Murder Herd

Quote Originally Posted by Raowyn View Post
    Without solving the trigger or timer for the distributed attack, there is no tactical way to repeatably do this challenge. If it is buggy then beating challenge consistently comes down to luck, which was promised to be reduced in raid boss mechanics years ago (still holding out for that one lol). I have seen 4 people around me die instantly with me in the centre of them, so proximity may not be the deciding factor on the distributed attack, but it's hard to make any conclusive statements when it seems buggy.
    There is a way to reliably deal with the distributed damage. Just gotta think outside the box on this one. We've pretty much solved that problem, now if we could just get a raid night where the A team actually shows up and stays for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Galborion View Post
    That is not truth. If you are talking about defeat responses for captains and RC every 6s, you should know that you dont need single add and you can still have RC every 6s. Go figure.
    How is that not the truth? Sure you don't NEED adds for RC but WITH adds you can get 4 RC every 30sec instead of 1 from SL crit. 3 RC heals are just a little over what inferno does in 30sec on your average 10k morale/40% mits squishy, if any one of them crits its way over. So adds do in fact make inferno easier to deal with. Gotta be smarter using RC instead of using it every time its up...
    Last edited by Shintagh; Mar 20 2013 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    How is that not the truth? Sure you don't NEED adds for RC but WITH adds you can get 4 RC every 30sec instead of 1 from SL crit.
    SL crit does not give you a defeat event for RC, and you dont need PA/DB crit nor dying adds to fire RC every 6-12 seconds.

At some point, I thought if the buff (5%) comes out, when this buff disappear, this will do an AOE attack on a undefined radius... :/

But sometime, when the buff never come out, our cute LM is oneshot :/

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    SL crit does not give you a defeat event for RC, and you dont need PA/DB crit nor dying adds to fire RC every 6-12 seconds.
    Sorry I meant PA/DB, not sure what I was thinking with SL. AFAIK you either need to crit something or something has to die to use RC, if there is another way to open up RC frequently do let me know as it would be most helpful! Point was, dying adds do help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    At some point, I thought if the buff (5%) comes out, when this buff disappear, this will do an AOE attack on a undefined radius... :/

But sometime, when the buff never come out, our cute LM is oneshot :/
    The distributed attack comes every 20-23 seconds separately from each troll once both trolls are below 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    For the record, Elrantiri is talking about swapping in the OD set to use Valiant Strike (which generates a defeat response) and then swapping to Two Pers/Four HHealer to use that defeat response on Rallying Cry, which will then reset the cooldown on Valiant Strike.

Which is why I mentioned that you'd either have to macro like crazy or do nothing but spam rallying cries, because that's quite a bit of gear switching (since in theory you're doing all those swaps every 6 seconds).

As a note, to pull this off every time RC comes off cooldown you'll need 8 people in your fellowship, so you'll have to have your pet out and the LM will have to be in your group. With one or the other, you'll be able to RC every ~11 seconds (assuming no other defeat responses are generated).
    Last edited by TinDragon; Mar 20 2013 at 07:44 AM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by NImlonda View Post
    U never run out of power, so spam all your healing skills all the time with Inspire fellow every time its off cooldown along with all your hots + captain heals and inferno is no problem at all.
    Thank you it was MUCH easier with captain than just a dps traited RK doing some healing, and me I've been doing that, though. I just feel squishier and my morale drops like a stone- even if i save TS for the critical bit, spam the heal coda and CoS and RtS on myself at the end.

I do heal tier 2 stuff semi regularly but the fire here does me in. After trying again with combat analysis I think it's because I get bad "fire-lag" where I am trying to move but stick...and then 'zip' rather then run to where i want to be. It's a &&&&&& internet connection, i'm pretty sure*. So, I am behind time getting out of the catapults or i overshoot into the trolls aoe towards the end and get massive spike damage. What i see is late. Tier 2 Foundry was hell for me LOL.

But the other problem seems more random. In the middle of a group-one will die and the others get no damage. Hence this thread, I guess.....

Edit-thanks Valiency for the explanation. Always useful to know the mechanics of other classes. I have never played/understood cappies (I just know that good Captains make runs go smoooooothe) so this 'conversation' has been very informative. Context of a specific instance makes understanding other classes skills easier for me.

*(The computer is a gamers laptop and i play off the ssd. NVIDIA card. etc.)
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    Edit-thanks Valiency for the explanation. Always useful to know the mechanics of other classes. I have never played/understood cappies (I just know that good Captains make runs go smoooooothe) so this 'conversation' has been very informative. Context of a specific instance makes understanding other classes skills easier for me.
    But he is right at one thing that you should know: not everyone has gaming keyboard that support macros and not everyone is master in autohotkey (macro program for those who dont have gaming keyboard - not very user friendly program). And if you dont macro, you will not be able to play cappy in this way. You are basically swapping 6 armor pieces for Valiant strike and then 6 armor pieces for Rallying cry. Manually it is not possible, it just takes too long. Even with macros its not easy because of "set animation" lag (dunno how to express it... but after I macroswap armor to my cappy I got a minilag every single time). So yes, good cappy is a cornerstone of every good group but dont expect that every cappy will do stuff like this... and if you want to understand other classes, start with reading class forums or better... roll an alt
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

As a sidenote, AOE attacks from mobs are just awfull... I did Fire of Smaug T2 last night.... and wherever I was behind mobs, I was hit for 2K... I think the burglar will stay in the locket right now

As a whole, mobs in the Erebor cluster just act weirds. You can aggro a mob, get behind it and the mob will continue to attack in front of him. WTH O_o

question

i have a question. whenever or reinforcements came in, we had some ACID damage that was killing our LM. where does it come from and how do you stop it ?

Quote Originally Posted by dailbail View Post
    i have a question. whenever or reinforcements came in, we had some ACID damage that was killing our LM. where does it come from and how do you stop it ?
    Captain aura. Stop it by moving out of the aura range or killing the captain.

WAI

Just don't trigger 100% and more damage Phase when distributed is active.

Spoiler?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0YQLg-oOoI

The distributed works fine with his mechanic, when the shilds works as intend.

But i have one question. At the last Time we often have the problem at T2 HM that the Trolls becomes the same Shild and at this point the distributed mechnic dont work as intend.
    Has someone else the Problem that the Shilds are the same (Fire/Fire or Frost/Forst)? Is it normal and an extra HM mechanic or bugd?

Sometimes the shild switch back to normal mode, sometimes we need to handle it with the same shild on both Trolls
    Pashtick (Barde)
    Sippe Erben der Avari

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3