We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64
  1. #26
    On T2 I was hit by an 18k distributed attack on my RK. Not sure why I get one-shotted when a hunter standing right next to me goes unscathed. Other times I've seen 7-9k which isn't quite one-shot for me but was still brutal with inferno. Other times I see 1200-3k which is when more people are hit by it. I never looked if the attack could be b/p/e but I kinda doubt it. I only seen the mechanic out of wack on T2 runs.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,245
    It does seem to be working properly as distributed most of the time, but it also seems to bug out occasionally. For example, a couple of times we've had 1 person take 1.5k whilst others take 8k from the same distributed, all heavies with maxed physical mit standing right on top of the boss.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,105
    No bugs here, move along, nothing to see here
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    I find this reply exceedingly unhelpful.

    In any case, two questions: have people encountered this mechanic without having blood brothers selected?
    and what about catapults?
    I'm sorry you found it unhelpfull. I hoped that this would trigger you to find out why it's happening instead of calling it a bug. If you now know it's not a bug but part of a mechanic, you can set yourself to finding out what the mechanic is...
    Oily Love, The Beloved
    Challenger Of Gortheron
    Leader of The Knights of The White Tree

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere to be seen.
    Posts
    617
    Three weeks in the update and people are already crying that this might be a bug because it is too hard. I remember a time where we would go in the raid night after night for 2 months to clear 1 boss/wing.

    The distributed seems to be manageble. I think there might be something in it that if 1 or more of the people on his &&& bpe the attack it triggers on the rest as if that person isn't there, but not entirely sure though. Reinforcements are the biggest problem to us.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

  6. #31
    The distributed attack seems to be healable with max 100%+ dmg.
    If there are 4+ people around everyone will get about 2-3k without dmgbuff on the trolls.
    We expect about 45 minutes for the whole fight..
    [FONT=Courier New]Machtdensaboweg
    Akdonbash
    ---------------
    Donifreep[/FONT]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Local cluster
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Oily View Post
    I'm sorry you found it unhelpfull. I hoped that this would trigger you to find out why it's happening instead of calling it a bug. If you now know it's not a bug but part of a mechanic, you can set yourself to finding out what the mechanic is...
    Yes, thanks, I got that. However, given that others have already reported that these attacks sometimes randomly one-shot people in the middle of a group, it should be obvious that it is not a very obvious mechanic. Additionally, there reigns a fairly pervasive "i beat the content, so it's fine" attitude on these forums, which makes it hard for me to know whether you belong to this category of (in my eyes) trolls, or to the category of people who just really enjoy being coy..

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Oily View Post
    I'm sorry you found it unhelpfull. I hoped that this would trigger you to find out why it's happening instead of calling it a bug. If you now know it's not a bug but part of a mechanic, you can set yourself to finding out what the mechanic is...
    Just because it's beatable or manageable doesn't mean it's not bugged either. Just look at the damage bug that was affecting pretty much all scaled instances up until U10. Sure, things like BG were beatable, but they were also harder than intended.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malung / Sweden
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Just because it's beatable or manageable doesn't mean it's not bugged either. Just look at the damage bug that was affecting pretty much all scaled instances up until U10. Sure, things like BG were beatable, but they were also harder than intended.
    Where was Bg harder then intended ?
    you could faceroll that instance from start to end in 1-2 hours with any class setup.

    Its nice they gave us a challenge again with Erebor t2c, since t1/t2 are just the lamest fights ever, but with the challenge it is a fight worth calling a challenge and i suppose that is working as intended ?!?, but it might be to much for casual kins to handle and they start saying "this is a bug because we die, we cannot handle these random hits etc,. "
    Get up try again, finaly you get a hang of it,
    Frodo (Bando) and Sam (Rodin) didnt give up did they ?
    .
    EN Makadam || Vraelper
    Snow Makalorebreaker || Makaa

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Makadam-EU View Post
    Where was Bg harder then intended ?
    you could faceroll that instance from start to end in 1-2 hours with any class setup.

    Its nice they gave us a challenge again with Erebor t2c, since t1/t2 are just the lamest fights ever, but with the challenge it is a fight worth calling a challenge and i suppose that is working as intended ?!?, but it might be to much for casual kins to handle and they start saying "this is a bug because we die, we cannot handle these random hits etc,. "
    Get up try again, finaly you get a hang of it,
    Frodo (Bando) and Sam (Rodin) didnt give up did they ?
    Like I said, just because something is beatable doesn't mean it's not bugged. BG is the perfect example, because like you said, it was still faceroll. That, however, doesn't change the fact that there were mobs in there doing more damage than the developers intended them to do.

    So I'll say it once more. Just because something is beatable doesn't mean it's not bugged. Just because BfE is beatable with the Distributed attack as-is does not mean it's functioning as it should be, and I see no reason why people can't open a discussion on that.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Makadam-EU View Post
    Where was Bg harder then intended ?
    you could faceroll that instance from start to end in 1-2 hours with any class setup.

    Its nice they gave us a challenge again with Erebor t2c, since t1/t2 are just the lamest fights ever, but with the challenge it is a fight worth calling a challenge and i suppose that is working as intended ?!?, but it might be to much for casual kins to handle and they start saying "this is a bug because we die, we cannot handle these random hits etc,. "
    Get up try again, finaly you get a hang of it,
    Frodo (Bando) and Sam (Rodin) didnt give up did they ?
    You obviously never played a burglar in there, or one that could do damage at least.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm429 View Post
    Yeah we agree, We got Battle T2, first night and than went on for T2CM, but wave after wave and fire, healing is pretty damn hard. We than tried with 3 healers, but than get over run by adds. When we beat this T2CM in Beta, the adds did stop coming out, but now they don't, so don't know if this is now WAI or not.
    Exactly, the adds can be killed if you focus them with 3-4 ranged DPS classes but then you have no heals. You have to heal inferno, spike damage from boss buffs on the guards and all that extra aura, aoe, archers random attack ect for like 20 minutes. I love a challenging fight but this seems very strict with the whole 1% morale close or die thing. I do see a similar to f/f similar nerf incoming eventually but I won't say yet it is impossible to do.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,536
    The reinforcements are also weird because they appear to be the only one of the terms that differs between T1 and T2. Honour Guard adds/abilities seem the same between the two difficulty tiers, Inferno and catapults are the same, Blood Rage and Blood Brothers are the same, etc. In case you haven't tried it on T1, reinforcements are only 3 adds on T1 while it's 6 on T2.

    DPS on the trolls has to be so slow that I wonder if it could be done completely by their tanks and the LM (to keep the blue-shielded troll even). That would give you room for:

    2 guards on trolls
    1 warden on adds
    2 captains
    1 LM
    2 minis
    1 healing RK
    3 DPS for adds
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    reinforcements are only 3 adds on T1 while it's 6 on T2.
    hm get 3 adds on T2 too at out trys? may you was overrun by respawn of that?
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="1"][color="red"]"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." [/color]
    Hunter - Champion - Guardian * [DE]Morthond * [URL="www.kdl-hdro.de"]Krieger des Lichts[/URL][/center][/size][/b]

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    reinforcements are only 3 adds on T1 while it's 6 on T2.
    You are wrong. Even on T2 there are 3 adds every 30s.
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

    [COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,536
    Hmm, ok, maybe it is only 3. Either way, on BR I'm pretty sure the adds stopped coming right when the inferno started, but now on live they just keep going until the end of the fight. If they stopped when the inferno started you could get away with just 2 healers, leaving room for another DPS for adds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

  17. #42
    Yes, its 3 adds every 30 secs on T2, but you are right that in beta on Bull that the adds did stop coming when the fire on the ground started. I wish a Dev would please tell us if this is now WAI that the adds come the whole fight or is that part bugged. So far we are able to make it with the adds until the fire starts, after that, it becomes a lot of healing, even with 3 healers.
    Last edited by Jamesm429; Mar 18 2013 at 01:05 PM.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm429 View Post
    Yes, its 3 adds every 30 secs on T2, but you are right that in beta on Bull that the adds did stop coming when the fire on the ground started. I wish a Dev would please tell us if this is now WAI that the adds come the whole fight or is that part bugged. So far we are able to make it with the adds until the fire starts, after that, it becomes a lot of healing, even with 3 healers.

    Originally I thought it was 6 adds as previously mentioned, might have been a rumor I see. It seems like the fight is designed for max defense (avoidance), minimum morale contrary to popular builds for some. You might want to ask your tanks about their dtps as well as evaluate your healers hps if possible. I'm guessing their might be an intention of having a third group with your top aoe dps on the adds since there is no dps race on the trolls. I say give it some more time, t2c is designed for the best gear setup for a raid (Greater Erebor). You might be right and it isn't WAI because of what originally happened in BR, but your post in the BR forums might have influenced that.
    Last edited by xDementedx; Mar 18 2013 at 03:44 PM.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    Hmm, ok, maybe it is only 3. Either way, on BR I'm pretty sure the adds stopped coming right when the inferno started, but now on live they just keep going until the end of the fight. If they stopped when the inferno started you could get away with just 2 healers, leaving room for another DPS for adds.
    The adds make inferno easier to deal with, go figure.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    There does seem to be something wrong with the Distributed, we noticed the same thing. We had 6 people grouped up on top of each other, some would take 15k+ hits (probably with blood rage buff, but that is unavoidable) and some would take nothing.

    Although the skill is called Distributed, there is no (Distributed) in the combat log like there usually is for distributed damage. Perhaps it has not been hooked up with the distributed damage mechanic correctly?
    Yes it seems random enough to be a problem.

    On inferno, Tier 1 and Tier 2, the Damage plus the last troll plus the catapults has wiped me, about 2 minutes before the end, twice. (We got it done anyway with some excellent tanking and a great mini in the other group.) Even with an additional RK healer and a cappy in each group I struggle to keep myself and tank up at the end. I can't heal/pot though the damage to myself. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, standing on top of group doesn't seem to help. I have learned not to be using all my big heals to keep up the tank earlier in the fight. I hate it that I die just before the end. On a plus side, I haven't dropped below 80% power since the last update-LM or no LM.

    I think there's a mechanic for Damage that I haven't worked out yet. It certainly doesn't say distributed in log. I had put it down to being in Hytbold gear still, and to 'operator error' and to 'fire lag'... I stick in place and get skill lag, with fire effects, even with all settings on low.

    Any suggestions on improving my build/strategy while I accumulate seals and unlock the new stuff, would be welcome. MY Tact Mastery is maxed to go just over 50 % with buffs heal weapons and jewellery...my critical avoidance seems bad and my mits are as high as I can get them at the moment. Maybe a virtue swap? If I ever get a first age should I max relics for Tact mit?. Should I restack for will and vit?

    And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    The adds make inferno easier to deal with, go figure.
    That is not truth. If you are talking about defeat responses for captains and RC every 6s, you should know that you dont need single add and you can still have RC every 6s. Go figure.
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

    [COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Galborion View Post
    That is not truth. If you are talking about defeat responses for captains and RC every 6s, you should know that you dont need single add and you can still have RC every 6s. Go figure.
    Yeah, if you do essentially nothing but work on Rallying Cries or have everything macro'd like a crazy person. Most people can't or won't do macros and there is a lot more to captain than just Rallying Cry spam.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Yeah, if you do essentially nothing but work on Rallying Cries or have everything macro'd like a crazy person. Most people can't or won't do macros and there is a lot more to captain than just Rallying Cry spam.
    I never said that RC is only thing you should do. I just reacted on statement that adds make this fight easier which is in my opinion not truth. AoE dmg from adds combined with inferno and spike dmg from distributed attack from troll is simply way to high to justify defeat responses.

    Edit: And btw... yes... RC is the only thing that makes this fight easier... this is not DPS race... this is survival... healing is the most important thing here... help healers to cope with damage... ofc you use WC/SoW/To Arms etc when you need but most of the time you are helping healing...
    Last edited by Galborion; Mar 19 2013 at 05:22 AM.
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

    [COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Galborion View Post
    this is not DPS race... this is survival... healing is the most important thing here... help healers to cope with damage... ofc you use WC/SoW/To Arms etc when you need but most of the time you are helping healing...
    This is hard on healers. Captains certainly make a huge difference to my minstrel's suvivability-in so many ways. I am basically a tier 1 player, who still dies too often, unless in great PUG or a kin run. (See my post below) I've only stayed up the whole fight on a tier 2 run with a cappy along and a good and easy to heal guardian. Incoming healing matters. There's lots of good advice on builds for guards in here. As well as Cappy skills etc. It may be farmable but there is still some challenge in learning it on tier 2.

    My concern is the bugginess, distributed damage effects, and in the flakiness of the connection in there-we had two guards go link dead successively the other day-from two different continents. And then the hunter. 2 wipes before we even got started and one on second troll. On the other hand, a kinnie who was pugging the day before, got one troll only in successive runs-and great loot- all on tier 1. No one much wants to bug report it because then we'll be back to having almost no raids....and they might fix the trolls

    And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    177
    U never run out of power, so spam all your healing skills all the time with Inspire fellow every time its off cooldown along with all your hots + captain heals and inferno is no problem at all.
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Eldar - Challenger of Saruman - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload