We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is the distributed attack in Battle for Erebor t2c working as intended?

Is anyone else having problems with this attack and do you think the mechanic is working correctly or is bugged?

It seems to be completely inconsistent for us. With a whole raid stacked it still may hit one or two players and one shot them, doing up to 18k. But sometimes it is split between players a bit with no difference in positioning. Considering how clear distributed attacks have been in past content and how random this is, we are starting to think it's simply bugged.

Oi,

We had the same problem yesterday. We noticed the skill was called Distributed and not that the damage was distributed. A seemingly random person in the centre of a group was targetted multiple times. We didnt notice an indication on how and why this is happening. So.. either we havent figured it out yet or it might be a bug. I noticed the t2 has been done with these banners, which would mean we are missing something...
    Oily Love, The Beloved
    Challenger Of Gortheron
    Leader of The Knights of The White Tree

It does seem a bit overtuned - esp in tandem with reinforcements and the logistics of that. The distributed appears to have a reliable proc, though (from each troll) but add blood rage on top of everything else and there's a lot to micromanage there. With all 6 terms, I get a bit of a pre-nerf ToO F/F vibe...

The NOLDOR of Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Oily View Post
    Oi,

We had the same problem yesterday. We noticed the skill was called Distributed and not that the damage was distributed. A seemingly random person in the centre of a group was targetted multiple times. We didnt notice an indication on how and why this is happening. So.. either we havent figured it out yet or it might be a bug. I noticed the t2 has been done with these banners, which would mean we are missing something...
    Did it with bloodrage banner, but the distributed attack was hitting like a truck. Lost sometime random people due to crits with bloodrage up. I can't imagine to handle this with the logistics you have to do for reinforcements and the damage from inferno.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="1"][color="red"]"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." [/color]
    Hunter - Champion - Guardian * [DE]Morthond * [URL="www.kdl-hdro.de"]Krieger des Lichts[/URL][/center][/size][/b]

distributed damage

Distributed damage worked fine yesterday. 5 people together behind a boss could reduce the damage to 2-4k. Burglars should not use evade.

To us reinforcment was hell. We solved 15 waves, but then it was to heavy. Tryed to kill 3 in between 10 sec, but still next wave came along. I would suggest to stop reinfocment waves after 7-9 waves. Otherwise it is hell...

If everyone has healing procs.. minstrels has all the AoE heal gear\procs.. First agers..etc etc with maxed out mitigations.. Maybe..

But it seems like its overtuned, just like fire and frost t2challenge was
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Eldar - Challenger of Saruman - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Yeah we agree, We got Battle T2, first night and than went on for T2CM, but wave after wave and fire, healing is pretty damn hard. We than tried with 3 healers, but than get over run by adds. When we beat this T2CM in Beta, the adds did stop coming out, but now they don't, so don't know if this is now WAI or not.

We had a single attempt last night with virtually no distributed. We played around trying to figure out if there was a positioning solution but couldn't replicate it. We also had an attempt with no clouds. So maybe it was just a bug.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone -

This raid is definitely buggy. I saw a report yesterday that someone entered the raid and there was only one troll present. They were able to select terms, kill it, and loot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    This raid is definitely buggy. I saw a report yesterday that someone entered the raid and there was only one troll present. They were able to select terms, kill it, and loot.
    One of our kinmates entered Erebor with us yesterday and saw a 13th player running around. No one else could see him, but he took a screen shot. Freaky.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone -

Saw this twice yesterday while doing T1 speed runs. No trolls would be present when entering. Vadok spawned after 15 seconds or so. Laugshat never spawned.
    DROVER - champion
    DROGARTH - captain DROVANN - guardian DROTHIR - Loremaster
    DROVII - hunter DROGREN - burglar

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    One of our kinmates entered Erebor with us yesterday and saw a 13th player running around. No one else could see him, but he took a screen shot. Freaky.
    I saw a kinmate who had logged off an hour before sitting in the AH in Snowbourn last night.

We've also had a single troll spawn in BfE.

Bugs abound, as usual.

I was in such a raid last night. After about our 6th or 7th farm the raid leader started it up and we all zoned in. Low and behold there was only the troll on the left. When I get home I'll try to post the SS. We did cata and inferno. Upon engage cata started immediately and then at about 600k inferno started (it compensated for dmg done to first troll). I'm glad they fixed all the bugs!

Not like T1 matters so much but for T2, you know people are going to get their first (and only) T2 kills on this boss by doing when there's only 1 troll there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Not like T1 matters so much but for T2, you know people are going to get their first (and only) T2 kills on this boss by doing when there's only 1 troll there.
    On the upside, perhaps a group attempting T2C when there's only one troll will all get one-shot because of the 100% morale difference between a live troll and a dead one (Blood Brothers banner).

There does seem to be something wrong with the Distributed, we noticed the same thing. We had 6 people grouped up on top of each other, some would take 15k+ hits (probably with blood rage buff, but that is unavoidable) and some would take nothing.

Although the skill is called Distributed, there is no (Distributed) in the combat log like there usually is for distributed damage. Perhaps it has not been hooked up with the distributed damage mechanic correctly?
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    On the upside, perhaps a group attempting T2C when there's only one troll will all get one-shot because of the 100% morale difference between a live troll and a dead one (Blood Brothers banner).
    If you see one troll and you choose blood-brothers, you're an idiot. Just do T2. Then bug it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    If you see one troll and you choose blood-brothers, you're an idiot. Just do T2. Then bug it. :P
    Alternate solution: drop and reform and don't bother doing it with one troll at all, no matter how tempting it may be to knock out an easy T2 kill.

We could've done Saruman T2C long before it was fixed if we'd been willing to kill the level 1 Saruman and his level 1 clones that appeared for us one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Alternate solution: drop and reform and don't bother doing it with one troll at all, no matter how tempting it may be to knock out an easy T2 kill.
    That actually is the best solution, then bug it. I pay for content.
    Last edited by xDementedx; Mar 11 2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amlost View Post
    I was in such a raid last night. After about our 6th or 7th farm the raid leader started it up and we all zoned in. Low and behold there was only the troll on the left. When I get home I'll try to post the SS. We did cata and inferno. Upon engage cata started immediately and then at about 600k inferno started (it compensated for dmg done to first troll). I'm glad they fixed all the bugs!

WAI???

Honestly I hope people are just good sports and reset it when that happens. It's not like you have to re-kill trash or anything so it just takes a second. Clearly it's bugged, but I'd hope that they'd at least wait until Lonely Mountain is back online to take this one down and fix it, lest we be stuck with only one raid to run for however long.

Honestly I hope people are just good sports and reset it when that happens. It's not like you have to re-kill trash or anything so it just takes a second. Clearly it's bugged, but I'd hope that they'd at least wait until Lonely Mountain is back online to take this one down and fix it, lest we be stuck with only one raid to run for however long.
    A reset...that is not going to happen in T1, in which the primary objective is loot.
    For the T2 and T2CM, that's another story...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    There does seem to be something wrong with the Distributed, we noticed the same thing. We had 6 people grouped up on top of each other, some would take 15k+ hits (probably with blood rage buff, but that is unavoidable) and some would take nothing.

Although the skill is called Distributed, there is no (Distributed) in the combat log like there usually is for distributed damage. Perhaps it has not been hooked up with the distributed damage mechanic correctly?
    We found there's nothing wrong with this attack. It's part of the mechanic.
    Oily Love, The Beloved
    Challenger Of Gortheron
    Leader of The Knights of The White Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Oily View Post
    We found there's nothing wrong with this attack. It's part of the mechanic.
    I find this reply exceedingly unhelpful.

In any case, two questions: have people encountered this mechanic without having blood brothers selected?
    and what about catapults?
    Last edited by rannion; Mar 17 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    I find this reply exceedingly unhelpful.

In any case, two questions: have people encountered this mechanic without having blood brothers selected?
    and what about catapults?
    We encoutered this distributed attack always with blood brothers selected. It's like when the buff get out of the window, both trolls will do this hellish attack from nowhere. For me, it's buggy, as at sometime, the attack is distributed, and other time don't.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast