We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Should I start over?

So I just came back to the game. I haven't played since just after Moria expansion came out. My lore master at the time was lvl 45. And he's still alive on my account. So I don't know how much change the game and the class went through since I played, and I was thinking should I try to just relearn the class with my old toon or do you guys think it's better to start from the beginning.

Don`t worry, you will have plenty of time to catch up while you level from 45 to 85.
    Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

You'll be fine staying with the same toon. Just treat it like a new character and read every tool tip. Have fun!
    Last edited by Pereg; Mar 11 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Nah....this is not the type of game where you can really mess up stats plus I am thinking being only lvl 45 you haven't even made any Legendaries yet.

If you wanna do something to brush up go finish off some of your lower level deeds....you'll re-learn your class, adjust to the changes, and earn some TPs and Titles

I guess I'm also worried that I have all these quests, especially fellowship quests and instances, that I won't have anyone to play with since either everyone is too high a lvl or moved to some of the newer areas and quests. I'm on Nimrodel by the way, don't know how active that server is compared to others. Seems pretty quiet during prime time in EST timezone.

A lot of the group stuff has been changed since you last played. for example the whole of the epic line can be played solo (due to this 'interesting' feature called inspired greatness). Otherwise the obvious suggestion of finding a Kin to work with.

Beyond that, a combination of the rescaling of XP (introduced with Lorien) making levelling easier, and the fact there are at least 2 options for leveling almost all of the time, means that you wont need the group quests to level, if you cannot find anyone to quest with. You may be able to find people anyway, people still level alts. Not sure how busy Nimrodel is, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares82 View Post
    I guess I'm also worried that I have all these quests, especially fellowship quests and instances, that I won't have anyone to play with since either everyone is too high a lvl or moved to some of the newer areas and quests. I'm on Nimrodel by the way, don't know how active that server is compared to others. Seems pretty quiet during prime time in EST timezone.
    Also, you can just skip the stuff meant for group play and come back and solo it later.

I got stomped in places like Carn Dum when I went to go look at them around level by myself but then went back at around level 78 and solo'ed all of Carn Dum....it was an incredible challenge and probably some of the most fun I have ever had in game.

There is so much content and XP in this game you should be able to keep moving forward even while passing up some stuff.

And of course gearwise once you cap is when you will seriously want to put time into twinking that out...however I find simply keeping up with the Epic storyline.......all of which can be solo'ed now will keep you nicely geared until you reach that point.