We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

List of seal rewards from 85 instances

I'm wondering if anyone has made a list of what instances give what seal rewards. If not, we could always start one here.

If you want to start the list here, please provide this info from your experiences:
    * name of instance
    * level of instance
    * tier of instance
    * challenge mode completed yes/no
    * what instance finder boost you had active at the time

Some reported amounts (I listed the maximum reported by anyone, so this likely includes instance finder buffs):

12-man
    * Flight to the Lonely Mountain (t1, 85): 1 seal
    * Battle for Erebor (t1, 85): 2 seals
    * Fires of Smaug (t1, 85): 3 seals
    * All skirmish raids (t1, 85): 6 seals [Note: limit once per week per "campaign"]

6-man
    * Ost Elendil (t2c, 85): 3 seals
    * Haudh Valandil (t2c, 85): 3 seals
    * Glinghant (t2c, 85): 8 seals
    * Fornost Wraith of Shadow (t2c, 85): 8 seals
    * Fornost all other wings (t2c, 85): 6 seals
    * Lost Temple (t2c, 85): 10 seals
    * Sari-Surma (t2c, 85): 9 seals
    * Great Barrow Thadur (???): 4 seals
    * Great Barrow Sambrog (???): 4 seals

3-man
    * School of Tham Mirdain (t2c, 85): 3 seals
    * Library of Tham Mirdain (t2c, 85): 3 seals
    * Northcotton Farm (t2c, 85): 4 seals
    * Stoneheight (t2c, 85): 4 seals
    * Halls of Night (t2c, 85): 4 seals
    * Inn of the Forsaken (t2c, 85): 4 seals
    Last edited by Zelxyb; Mar 16 2013 at 02:20 PM.

85 T1 Flight of the Lonely Mountain - 1 seal
    85 T1 Battle for Erebor - 2 seals
    85 T1 Fires of Smaug - 3 seals
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

(Unless otherwise noted, all instances below were with only a 15% group bonus and were completed with the challenge on tier2)

Annuminas: Ost Elendil gave 3, Glinghant went wonky because we tried to reset the challenge, not sure what it gives, Haudh Valandil gives 3

Fornost: 6 per wing, Wraith of Shadow gave 8 (Wraith of Earth gave the challenge seals, but had no chest)

School/Library: 3 for each, although in Library the final boss must be defeated BEFORE the crebain to get the challenge (ignore what it reads currently)

Northcotton Farm/Stoneheight: 3 each.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000af98e/01008/signature.png]Gurthalion[/charsig]
    [OOC] Faja: 'new expansion isnt even out yet, i've already failed at it'

FYI got 6 seals from Battle in the Tower lvl 85 T1 the other day (after U10).
    Galedlen/Rud/Aerval/Erenric et al of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Edlenn View Post
    FYI got 6 seals from Battle in the Tower lvl 85 T1 the other day (after U10).
    What size group was it and did you have an instance finder buff?

Thanks all. When I get a chance, I'll try to find some nice way to format this info and work it back into the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by forestthegreat View Post
    Northcotton Farm/Stoneheight: 3 each.
    NCF and Stone give 4, not 3
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f6f95/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Lost Temple CM = 10 seals
    Melliot - Hobbit Hunter and many alts :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zelxyb View Post
    What size group was it and did you have an instance finder buff?

Thanks all. When I get a chance, I'll try to find some nice way to format this info and work it back into the first post.
    We 8 manned it. No buff.
    Galedlen/Rud/Aerval/Erenric et al of Landroval

All skraids give 6 seals upon completion. Only once weekly though.

skraids are also per campaign so 6 per campaign per week to clarify. Not 6 period.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    skraids are also per campaign so 6 per campaign per week to clarify. Not 6 period.
    Did they change that with U10? That's not how it used to work.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Great Barrow Thadur and Sambrog wing give 4 seals each.
    Had misfortune on Maze (someone killed one dead), but I presume it is 4 also.

(We are doing instances through middle tab on instance finder so that might be different on 3rd tab?!)
    Last edited by Cat_Astrophy; Mar 10 2013 at 09:29 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f6f95/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for the info that people listed. I added it to the original post in case anyone wants a quick review.

Not a complete list, but definitely gives a good sense of the distribution.

Sari surma challenge 9 seals iirc

Glinghant gives 8 seals, farmed like ever, mobs have no more dps ...

Since 85 instances are the only ones rewarding seals, don't think you need to mention the level in your list.

Halls of Night T2C - 4 seals

I believe Inn T2C also awarded 4 seals
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][B]Thorcar[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff8c00][B]Into The West - Elendilmir
    [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][B]Apex - Elendilmir[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    Since 85 instances are the only ones rewarding seals, don't think you need to mention the level in your list.
    Fires of Smaug t1 level 20 - 1 seal

Soloable by a lvl85 with enough DPS, takes a couple of minutes

Thanks - added new ones to the list as well.

I'll hold off on listing any <85 ones until after the hotfix to see if that was a bug.

Battle for Erebor T2 gives a whopping 3 seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelxyb View Post
    Thanks - added new ones to the list as well.

I'll hold off on listing any <85 ones until after the hotfix to see if that was a bug.
    I'd like to think it was, but even if it is, I'd be surprised if it is changed after the hotfix. Turbine have surprised me before though; and sometimes they were pleasant surprises!

SG

Sg = 10

When the instance finder is used, Ost Elendil CM and Haudh Valandil CM both give 6 seals in my experience, not 3. Without the instance finder they award 5 seals.

Last time I did SG t2c, about a week or two ago, we got 7 seals (with instance finder).

Iorbar's Peak, Halls of Night, Northcotton Farms, Warg Pens and Stoneheight T2C all award 4 seals (with instance finder).

I have yet to receive any seals from Bells of Dale t2c.
    "This is most unexpected, though perhaps not quite as surprising as it might have been."

We've consistently gotten 11 seals from LT and SG w/finder bonus, obviously 10 without.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Thanks to OP for posting this.

For me, the most interesting thing if just grinding seals is not just number of seals, but rather "seals per minute". School/Lib are really good for that, if you get the right group. e.g. 2 champs + a capt can blow through those things in less than 5 minutes each, it is ridiculous. What do people think the best "seals per minute" option is at this point? I'd also note that there are inherant advantages to grinding 3 mans, less overhead with assembling the group, people going link dead or AFK, finding replacements, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    For me, the most interesting thing if just grinding seals is not just number of seals, but rather "seals per minute". School/Lib are really good for that, if you get the right group. e.g. 2 champs + a capt can blow through those things in less than 5 minutes each, it is ridiculous. What do people think the best "seals per minute" option is at this point? I'd also note that there are inherant advantages to grinding 3 mans, less overhead with assembling the group, people going link dead or AFK, finding replacements, etc...
    Imo Sambrog beats all other instances on the seals/minutedepartment. Despite the fact that it only gives half the seals Glinghant (which seems to be favored by a lot) does you can finish the entire run in about 5-7minutes.
    Never tried to rush the 3mans though. however I don't think you can do it in 3mins^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/272180000001064cc/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast