We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

ToO Shadow after U10 extremely laggy

We tried for Shadow T2, and right after the boss fight started 10 out of 12 people got extremely laggy. Some people got almost stuck. Lags like this never happened to us before. Well at least not this massively to all the raid members.

I would understand lags when all the adds and the clouds present but the weird thing is the laggs were the same all the time no matter the number of mobs or clouds.

So my question is anyone else experienced that?
    JoeSO, owner of Joeso, Johndawn, Galald and many other toons.
    Proud member of Withywindle's Kinship Czech Royal Knights

When did you try it? There were a lot of server problems going on with multiple servers last night, around 7ish maybe?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    When did you try it? There were a lot of server problems going on with multiple servers last night, around 7ish maybe?
    I forgot to add we tried it several minutes before my post (Friday Evening in Europe).

Just experienced the exact same thing that the OP describes....11/12 lagged to hell as soon as fight started (only our warden)...0% packet loss, across the board.

Yep, had the same thing happen to a group of us about a week ago while trying for the challenger of saruman deed, got first 3 wings done, got to shadow and as soon as we triggered the boss fight: bam, instant lag. For me, my latency stayed at its usual 45-50ms with 0% loss, but my fps dropped down to 3 from the usual 40-60, while everyone else in the raid experienced similar types of drops compared to their typical numbers. It became unplayable at t2, so after a couple attempts we left instance and tried it t1 and had the same thing happen. It's just sad because that used to be my favourite wing at 75 and it's simply not playable now.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

We tried yesterday on T1. Lags still there. Some of us submitted a bug report, i guess we will have to wait for Turbine to fix it or something

Same thing occurred with my kin.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Same thing on Estel. It was before U 10.1. Both in T1/T2. Stuck at 5/7 fps. You can't do the fight as your dps is cut by a three quarters and you can't aggro mobs that spawned :/

We're going to mix up the Erebor raids tomorrow and get Challenger title on some alts, I'll feed back what we find - Snowbourn.

It's actually not lag. It's a graphical bug due to the grid that delineates AoE skills. If you turn this setting off it resolves the issue.

Cas
    Viva Lotro!

We attempted this instance last night at T1. Cleared the first 3 wings no issues with lag. As soon as the Shadow boss fight started the lag fest began, Everyone in the raid experienced it and was about 2 -3 second delay on everything including the sprawning of black puddle, which would cause people to be killed as they were still running around and taking the damage but not seing the puddle. Hopefully this is something that gets fixed
    Camaris, Level 105 LM of Elendilmir.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    It's actually not lag. It's a graphical bug due to the grid that delineates AoE skills. If you turn this setting off it resolves the issue.

Cas
    Can you be more specific please? I mean where to turn it off? Did you mean Persistent Area Effect Visualization (Combat option) ?

But lag cause by graphical bug is still Lag isn't it?
    Last edited by JoeSO; Apr 08 2013 at 07:30 AM.

Same problem. Deffintly not one time, couse raid was on thursday, so other day.
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.

Problem solved by Turning Persistent Area Effect Visualization (Combat Options second last choice) Off.

Thanx to Coyote503 for pointing the direction how to fix this.