We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,067

    Captain Legendary Loot in Update 10

    I did some digging around on the latest Bullroarer build and here's what I could find so far:



    Note that the Compendium plugin only shows level 75 values, so level 85 will be slightly higher. And as always, it's highly likely everything is subject to change
    Last edited by Beastnas; Feb 28 2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Updated items for Bullroarer (B5)
    Beastwise ~ R15 Captain | Beastnas ~ R11 Hunter | Beastfang ~ R11 Warg | Doctorbeast ~ R10 Defiler

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Can't say I'm very impressed by any of the pieces besides the bracelet and the cloak.

    Why exactly does the bracelet say Minstrel only, and why does the cloak have Will?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Why exactly does the bracelet say Minstrel only, and why does the cloak have Will?
    I wouldn't read into it too much, being as it's beta. I just went by the titles.
    Beastwise ~ R15 Captain | Beastnas ~ R11 Hunter | Beastfang ~ R11 Warg | Doctorbeast ~ R10 Defiler

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Trying to figure out where all of the pieces come from. Cardolan legs (GB), Annuminas bracelet (Annuminas), and Fornost cloak (Fornost) are fairly obvious. Erebor is probably from the 6 man and the three raids? Connected to the newest cluster in some manner at least.

    That leaves the last two, and three clusters: OD, School/Lib, and HoN/IotF. Any ideas what might come from what, did they combine HoN/IotF with School/Lib, and did I miss a cluster?

    Also, I relooked at the set bonuses, and I would like to voice my disgust with our second tanking piece. Yet again the bonus is terrible for tanking, and it's not even good for any other situation either. Time of Need morale cost? Really? Tanking specced is the one time you're really going to have a 0 morale cost on it already.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hromgar
    Posts
    770
    -7% ToN cost!!!

    /lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    724
    I guess my real question would be which miscellaneous trash mobs are we going to have to farm to get these?

    I think the dev's intent was to put cute little gold items in the game that everyone would ooh and ah over if you were cool enough to get the 1/1000 drop. Realistically people with nothing better to do are going to grind whatever ridiculous mob there is to get their hands on the best gear.

  7. #7
    Capt cloak with will on it? I think that's a minny item.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Capt cloak with will on it? I think that's a minny item.
    Again, I just went by the titles. It's probably a bug.
    Beastwise ~ R15 Captain | Beastnas ~ R11 Hunter | Beastfang ~ R11 Warg | Doctorbeast ~ R10 Defiler

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks for the work of screenshotting and uploading these!

    Yeah all the loot in BR:B4 so far is a real mess. Very much a WIP, by necessity will be subject to lots of change. Talking mixed up stats everywhere, every bracelet that looks like it oughta be teal or purple is gold and minstrel-only, just a mess. I was getting excited for BR:B4 and getting ready to start updating my build planner spreadsheet, but I'm gonna have to hold off on that.

    Looking at these golds specifically and assuming the bonuses are probably set, man that ToN cloak really is worthless but for its stats (even the stats are bad as it doesn't even have 7 stat doses, though we saw that before with U9 beta and it got fixed). Shoot, even if it GAVE us morale with legacy, trait, and cloak, it'd be bad. Everything else looks... alright. I can't really complain about the armor items that get in the way of mixing and matching sets because so many other classes already got stuff like that...
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Feb 20 2013 at 07:15 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,140
    Rock? is that your best captain items you thought of?

    Wth?-7% time of need??I swap legendaries and with trait it goes to 0
    and then the 70% of these items are for HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL


    Thats F/ing HORSESH**T

    Im sorry i couldnt keep it in me anymore
    Last edited by Tangaar; Feb 20 2013 at 08:08 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,067
    The only one that sticks out to me as worth getting is the Leggings with +3% Vocal Healing.

    The rest of the slots, aside from the cloak perhaps, I will just use either the Erebor armor or Horse-lord crafted items.
    Beastwise ~ R15 Captain | Beastnas ~ R11 Hunter | Beastfang ~ R11 Warg | Doctorbeast ~ R10 Defiler

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    106
    no cosmetic ss! bad!!!!!!
    .
    Master Blaster, Up-and-Comer, Explorer of the Brown Lands

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    The only one that sticks out to me as worth getting is the Leggings with +3% Vocal Healing.

    The rest of the slots, aside from the cloak perhaps, I will just use either the Erebor armor or Horse-lord crafted items.
    I'll be grabbing that bracelet or the Horse-Lords bracelet. Whatever one I get first is getting equipped. The cloak should be a nice upgrade from Draigoch or crafted Eomer once it uses Might instead of will. (For the record, there's a teal cloak with one less stat slice that has the same proc and everything. I'm assuming stats were just grabbed from that for a cloak for several classes. Both mini and LM get an item with the same proc, though I don't remember if theirs were cloaks as well.) The chestpiece's bonus sucks but the actual stats on the item are pretty good, so I'll probably go 4 GELeader + that chest piece and a random other piece for tanking purposes. The rest won't be getting equipped on my toon, gonna be too busy combining 2 Perseverance with 4 Hytbold or 4 Command.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Considering the "The Dunedain entrust you to maintain their charge", I'd expect that piece to be seen in "In Their Absence" instances and OD raid.
    The last one would then be School/Library I guess.

    Hopefully the class bonuses themselves will be improved, the previous items gave 4pulses/4s when the maxed legacy gave 15pulses/15s, thus a bit more than 25% of the max legacy.
    With that in mind, I'd say Vocal Healing buff should be 4%, VS healing 3% and ToN (useless anyhow) 13%.

    As for the armor pieces, I'm having a hard time finding a setup that would be better than 4 command + 2 perservance. Even the Erebor Charge fails in comparison IMO, as much as OB is nice I find 5% (10% with TM legacy?) extra inc damage permanently to be better than 35% for 10s once every 90 seconds - and 90 second is best case scenario as far as I know, and with command set you'd still have OB every 5 minutes if you trait it.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Feb 20 2013 at 08:34 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Considering the "The Dunedain entrust you to maintain their charge", I'd expect that piece to be seen in "In Their Absence" instances and OD raid.
    The last one would then be School/Library I guess.

    Hopefully the class bonuses themselves will be improved, the previous items gave 4pulses/4s when the maxed legacy gave 15pulses/15s, thus a bit more than 25% of the max legacy.
    With that in mind, I'd say Vocal Healing buff should be 4%, VS healing 3% and ToN (useless anyhow) 13%.

    As for the armor pieces, I'm having a hard time finding a setup that would be better than 4 command + 2 perservance. Even the Erebor Charge fails in comparison IMO, as much as OB is nice I find 5% (10% with TM legacy?) extra inc damage permanently to be better than 35% for 10s once every 90 seconds - and 90 second is best case scenario as far as I know, and with command set you'd still have OB every 5 minutes if you trait it.
    For me it depends on the instance and how I'm set up for it. Perseverance will pretty much live in two slots permanently. I'll use Command for skirmishes obviously, and probably for most raids. Healer will replace Command for any extra-hard raids (unless that extra-hard raid is a straight up single target DPS race) and any instance I'm the main healer in. I'm betting with Healer + Perseverance combo I could keep VS up full time even in a three-man.

    New armour sets are bad. I'm only getting the tanky one, and that's only because of the increased threat on Pressing Attack. Gonna be sad to give up my evade bonus but my priority is aggro, not survivability. Healing proc chance thing is garbage. Oathies reset is nice but I usually don't need to use it more than every 5 minutes anyway, except in the Moors, where that set wouldn't help anyway.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,903
    Yeah, the ToN bonus is not impressive. It needs to be a cooldown reduction instead, though not a flat one or it runs the risk of being the To Arms Duration earrings all over again. Only worse because ToN has a longish cooldown to begin with, which just encourages swapping even more. I'd favour something like "On Harmful skill, X% chance to reduce Time of Need's cooldown by Y seconds".

    Part of the problem here is that all of these gold item skill bonuses are derived from LI Legacies, and our LI Legacies suck for anything but healing. Not sure if there's anything we can really do about that before the class revamps scheduled for later in the year.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Yeah, the ToN bonus is not impressive. It needs to be a cooldown reduction instead, though not a flat one or it runs the risk of being the To Arms Duration earrings all over again. Only worse because ToN has a longish cooldown to begin with, which just encourages swapping even more. I'd favour something like "On Harmful skill, X% chance to reduce Time of Need's cooldown by Y seconds".

    Part of the problem here is that all of these gold item skill bonuses are derived from LI Legacies, and our LI Legacies suck for anything but healing. Not sure if there's anything we can really do about that before the class revamps scheduled for later in the year.
    I stated this in a different thread, but I'd honestly rather have Routing Cry damage over ToN morale cost, and I really don't like Routing Cry. I literally can't think of a worse legacy to base the bonus off.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    For me it depends on the instance and how I'm set up for it. Perseverance will pretty much live in two slots permanently. I'll use Command for skirmishes obviously, and probably for most raids. Healer will replace Command for any extra-hard raids (unless that extra-hard raid is a straight up single target DPS race) and any instance I'm the main healer in. I'm betting with Healer + Perseverance combo I could keep VS up full time even in a three-man.

    New armour sets are bad. I'm only getting the tanky one, and that's only because of the increased threat on Pressing Attack. Gonna be sad to give up my evade bonus but my priority is aggro, not survivability. Healing proc chance thing is garbage. Oathies reset is nice but I usually don't need to use it more than every 5 minutes anyway, except in the Moors, where that set wouldn't help anyway.
    Indeed, I'll only use Command if I don't need HoH and 2Pers+4Healer (Hytbold that is!). You should easily be able to keep up VS permanently in a 3-man and as for 6-mans, there's potential for VS+RC cycling for superior healing.
    What I meant was that none of the new armor sets are changing what I'll be wearing in U10, the only reason I'm going to use new setups is because of the changes to set bonuses.

    I think the OB reset is nice too, but it simply doesn't give as much to the group as the Command set does IMO.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Feb 20 2013 at 09:02 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I stated this in a different thread, but I'd honestly rather have Routing Cry damage over ToN morale cost, and I really don't like Routing Cry. I literally can't think of a worse legacy to base the bonus off.
    Yeah, if they wanted to do a really simple swap for another LI legacy bonus, that would be a good one.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Bracelet looks nice, leggings OK I guess... Shoulders should have higher % on the VS, rest is meh (unless that cloak is actually for cappys and gets Might instead of Will)

    BTW, how do you check these things in Beta?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,903
    Somebody linked to this plugin somewhere, which is apparently what folks use to see the new items: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=699
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    Horse-lord helm
    Erebor pauldrons
    Honourable breastplate
    Cardolan leg-guards
    Revered gauntlets
    Fornost cape
    Exemplary earrings
    Annuminas/Horse-lord bracelets
    Horse-lord pocket
    Wyrmfire & Mooncandle rings
    Wyrmfire necklace
    Malledhrim Shield

    We are just about to the point of potentially having All Gold Everything

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Capt cloak with will on it? I think that's a minny item.
    according to a dev on bullroarer the compendium plugin is reading the stats wrong, so don't worry about strange looking stats and such, it's just a bug with the plugin used to datamine the game.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Horse-lord helm
    Erebor pauldrons
    Honourable breastplate
    Cardolan leg-guards
    Revered gauntlets
    Fornost cape
    Exemplary earrings
    Annuminas/Horse-lord bracelets
    Horse-lord pocket
    Wyrmfire & Mooncandle rings
    Wyrmfire necklace
    Malledhrim Shield

    We are just about to the point of potentially having All Gold Everything
    Pffft, my loot luck is so bad I don't expect to see any gold on any of my characters. Turbine can make all the shinies they want, I'm resigned to the fact that some kinmates will indeed be all in gold and acquire even more gold items that they can't use while my RNG won't even pull me teal jewelry.

  25. #25
    Pleaseee don't f' up with the drop rate!! /BEG!!!!

    Clasps were roughly 3%(per person) and they were used for 2 items. This is 5? items, I would say 6-8% would be fair but that would average about a 4/5 chance for someone to get one every raid which seems a little OTT.. 5%? Am I dreaming? Don't disappoint me and 99.9/100% of your customers again turbine! /calm ...

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload