We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: new virtues?

new virtues?

I'm wondering if the new updated caused anyone to rethink their virtues? I tend to run a moors friendly tactical resistance + morale focused set:
    zeal
    valour
    tolerance
    fidelity
    honour or innocence

I'm thinking that the Fate part of idealism/empathy has gotten a big upgrade, both because of the ICPR and the crit. In fact, the ICPR component of Patience (which I don't use) is unfairly low at this point, because 42 fate gives LOTS more ICPR than the 75.6 you get from Patience...

Anyway, anyone swapping virtues around some more these days?

I swapped my LM's of course, because I had like 13k tac mit when I logged on, which is stupid.
    I may swap Idealism in for Honour on my cappy, but the rest of mine will stay. (Zeal, Innocence, Tolerance, and Fidelity).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I was using a lot of power virtues before, which I've mostly converted to Fate virtues now.

I removed Patience and replaced it with Idealism. I also swapped Wisdom for Empathy (Armour, Fate, Resistance). I don't have as many ranks in the latter as I'd like, so I'm going back and cleaning up some Slayer deeds I ignored before.

I'm also using Loyalty, Innocence, and Fidelity as survival virtues.

Can't for the life of me remember what my sixth virtue is, though. Maybe I kept Patience and swapped Confidence for Idealism instead? Maybe I'm using Honesty for my sixth, but I don't think so.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I was using a lot of power virtues before, which I've mostly converted to Fate virtues now.

I removed Patience and replaced it with Idealism. I also swapped Wisdom for Empathy (Armour, Fate, Resistance). I don't have as many ranks in the latter as I'd like, so I'm going back and cleaning up some Slayer deeds I ignored before.

I'm also using Loyalty, Innocence, and Fidelity as survival virtues.

Can't for the life of me remember what my sixth virtue is, though. Maybe I kept Patience and swapped Confidence for Idealism instead? Maybe I'm using Honesty for my sixth, but I don't think so.
    There's only five virtue slots, which is probably why you can't remember what your sixth is.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    There's only five virtue slots, which is probably why you can't remember what your sixth is.
    Coming soon to a Store near you :/

Hahaha. That would explain it.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Fate may urge some captains to change virtues ( me included) but the question is not so clear cut.

At level cap the most difficult stat to boost was tact mit, now that armour Vitality set bonus were removed, it become almost impossible to cap tact mit.

This means that 2 virtues slots are frozen:
    Fidelity ( +648 Tactical Mitigation Vitality Maximum Power)
    Tolerance (+648 Tactical Mitigation Agility in-Combat Morale Regen)

Of the 3 slots left 2 are almost mandatory:
    Innocence ( Physical Mitigation Resistance Rating Tactical Mitigation)
    Compassion (Physical Mitigation non-Combat Power Regen Tactical Mitigation)

That left the last slot as the only "optional" one. And the choice for the last slot is:
    Empathy ( +720 Armour Value, +24 Fate, +828 Resistance Rating)

Choosing Empathy i get only half of the 48 fate Idealism gives, but take 720 armour, that means 720 phys mit + 144 tact mit.

Level cap

Quote Originally Posted by Nascephor View Post
    Fate may urge some captains to change virtues ( me included) but the question is not so clear cut.

At level cap the most difficult stat to boost was tact mit, now that armour Vitality set bonus were removed, it become almost impossible to cap tact mit.

This means that 2 virtues slots are frozen:
    Fidelity ( +648 Tactical Mitigation Vitality Maximum Power)
    Tolerance (+648 Tactical Mitigation Agility in-Combat Morale Regen)

Of the 3 slots left 2 are almost mandatory:

That left the last slot as the only "optional" one. And the choice for the last slot is:

Choosing Empathy i get only half of the 48 fate Idealism gives, but take 720 armour, that means 720 phys mit + 144 tact mit.
    This tread is the only one explainig why: the virtues with most tact. mit. are required because the lvl cap of this is most difficult to reach.
    I've got two questions about this remark.
    1. what is a lvl cap? and how high is it for tact . mit.?
    2. Why is tact mit. so important. (i red elsewhere that tact mit. is to with stand all damage from all other than common damage especialy importen in the moors and some endgame.) Is this true?
    Can someone answer these questions and fill me in?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000172c90/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Z0nn1g01 View Post
    This tread is the only one explainig why: the virtues with most tact. mit. are required because the lvl cap of this is most difficult to reach.
    I've got two questions about this remark.
    1. what is a lvl cap? and how high is it for tact . mit.?
    2. Why is tact mit. so important. (i red elsewhere that tact mit. is to with stand all damage from all other than common damage especialy importen in the moors and some endgame.) Is this true?
    Can someone answer these questions and fill me in?
    He said at the level cap (lvl 85), tact. mit. cap is the most difficult to reach. (40% for light armour classes, 50% for medium armour classes, 70% for heavy armour classes.)

So your other question. I won't go into the discussion why mitigations are important, some people tend to run glass cannon. But I'll explain why it's more important to gear into tact. mit. than phys mit.

Phys. mit. reduces incoming common/beleriand/westernesse/ancient dwarf damage. So basicly freep damage. As a freep (or PVE) you don't need to mitigate against your allies.

Tact. mit. reduces incoming fire/frost/shadow/acid/lightning. So basicly what all the bad guys do. You might think there are some orc who do common damage. But Raid bosses and high ranked creeps won't do common damage, so the hardest enemies deal tactical damage. So imo tact. mit. is much more important than phys mit.

In addition to that, your armour contributes one to one to your phys mit. Whereas tact. mit. = armour * 0.2
    So you'll have to "catch up" your tact mit. (With gear/virtues.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post
    Phys. mit. reduces incoming common/beleriand/westernesse/ancient dwarf damage. So basicly freep damage. As a freep (or PVE) you don't need to mitigate against your allies.

Tact. mit. reduces incoming fire/frost/shadow/acid/lightning. So basicly what all the bad guys do. You might think there are some orc who do common damage. But Raid bosses and high ranked creeps won't do common damage, so the hardest enemies deal tactical damage. So imo tact. mit. is much more important than phys mit.
    True in general, particularly in the moors you mostly take tactical. But note that the main raid being run these days, Battle of Erebor, is mostly common damage from the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    True in general, particularly in the moors you mostly take tactical. But note that the main raid being run these days, Battle of Erebor, is mostly common damage from the trolls.
    True, my thoughts are still stuck in the Orthanc era. Although if you're not a tank the trolls shouldn't be hitting you and you'll have to mitigate for (tactical) fire damage from inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post
    True, my thoughts are still stuck in the Orthanc era. Although if you're not a tank the trolls shouldn't be hitting you and you'll have to mitigate for (tactical) fire damage from inferno.
    There are compromises to made when going for the full 70% phys mitigation goal.

3 of my 5 suggestions remain:

Now we must look at what happens when we remove the other 2:
    Fidelity ( +648 Tactical Mitigation +24 Vitality +48 Maximum Power)
    Tolerance (+648 Tactical Mitigation +24 Agility +60 in-Combat Morale Regen)

we go back to virtues i previously considered overrated:
    Zeal ( +440 Maximum Morale, +518 Physical Mitigation , +240 Armour Value) = +758 phys mit/+48 tact mit
    Loyalty ( +48 Vitality, + 98 power, +240 armour ) = 336 phys mit / 240 tact mit

We are trading ~1300 tact mit for ~1100 phys mit and a raw morale for a measly amount of ICMR/evade/crit.

The point being that when i give up tact mit, i must use Vitality gear to compensate, but when i lose phys mit, Might gear can replace it with the added bonus that might is a Captains main Stat. Every tact mit i can put in my build using Virtues means more freedom to choose Might gear to equip.