We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: eregion level?

eregion level?

now, at level 47, i still can't do the level 49 eregion quests.
    people told me i can start eregion at level 45-46. help?

I'm a lvl 47 warden and I'm having no trouble doing the quests...

The Eregion quest chain starts at around lvl 48-49 but you can still do them pretty easily at lvl 46.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000143865/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

maby it's because your'e warden.
    i just can't complete the worm keeper and the dunlending chief quests, even with moral potion. maby it is because they made hunter's defences weaker?

Usually my twinks sneak through Eregion with level 45 towards the gate of Moria, trying to avoid any contact with the orange and red mobs to the left and right of the road. There they do the quests for their first LI, including the expeditions (except for the quest in the cave with the half orks. Too many orange mobs on one spot). With the first LI, still at level 45, they return to Gwingris and start to quest through Eregion: E. Gwingris -> E. Eregion -> E. Dunann -> E. Mirobel. Typically at the end they have reached level 48 or 49. So far I never had problems.

It always begins with whether or not you are properly equipped. I breezed through them at 45 as a hunter. I rarely used potions or other buffs during the quests. You may want to get bow chants or agility buffs if you are having that much trouble. Also make sure you have the proper traits for your playing style. I have 4 huntsman, 1 bowmaster and the remaining number (I forget) are trap traits.

I levelled 8 toons there at those levels. (facing orange and red quests)
    On my Guard, Burg, Champ, Cappy, Mini and RK it was not that hard.
    On my warden it was like a walk in the park.
    Tbh, the only one that had issues was my hunter.
    All went well as long as I faced 1 enemy or when my CC functioned
    the way I wanted it to, which mostly it did. But still, it's the only
    class I have levelled that I ever had to run from a fight with.
    Some good advice above: use chants, fire-oils, scrolls and tokens
    to buff for fights, then use your Bard's arrow/Cry of the predator/traps
    to make enemies fight on YOUR terms. Also try to avoid clustered enemies
    and red enemies. It's definitely a little more challenging on a char that
    cannot power-selfheal through prolonged fights and doesn't have the epic
    defences of some other classes.
    I actually enjoyed that on my hunter...
    Last edited by EvAmy; Mar 08 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    It always begins with whether or not you are properly equipped. I breezed through them at 45 as a hunter. I rarely used potions or other buffs during the quests. You may want to get bow chants or agility buffs if you are having that much trouble. Also make sure you have the proper traits for your playing style. I have 4 huntsman, 1 bowmaster and the remaining number (I forget) are trap traits.
    Exactly this for my Hunter too, i went straight to the Epic for the legendary items at 45 and found a couple of the parts too hard, so i decided to get a couple of levels in Eregion first and had no trouble at all. The only ones i had any problem with were the group ones, i just did them later.

My Mini breezed through Eregion with absolutely zero problems, and I started that zone at level 46. In fact, the only thing I didn't do in Eregion was the Logon quest. WAY too many elites (and an Elite Master!) down there to let a squishy survive solo.
    C:>COFFEE.COM error. (A)bort (R)etry (F)all asleep?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024057f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

For tl;dr, please scroll to the bottom. I have this weird habit of posting walls of text.

Make sure you've done most, if not all, of the quests. One annoying thing while questing in Eregion is that it follows up a routine that is to kill mobs -> kill chieftain. There may or may not be a quest item leading to kill more mobs, or to collect items. This gets improved after you finish Pembar, where it focuses on collecting items. And the catch is that A quest may require B quest in order for you to get it, whereas A quest is required for the quests in the next quest hub. If you finished A quest, skipped B quest and jumped to the next zone, you may not receive the quests in there.

(Personally, Eregion was okay for my Hunter, a bit awful for my LM since I lack the DPS to burn down stuff. For my Warden, I breezed through it and even soloed the wood-troll instance (with enormous patience that being over an hour) and taking away an extra R from him.)

And back on topic: level 49 quests should be in Echad Eregion. For example, the quest Honouring the Fallen requires An Unseen Hand quest to be completed beforehand. An Unseen Hand requires you to defeat the half-orc in Pembar. If you skipped that quest, you won't be able to do the Ruins of Barad Morlas quest chain (the first quest being Honouring the Fallen).

Tl;dr: Make sure you finish the quests in the previous quest hubs. If there are no more quests, try killing mobs to see if they drop quest items (both the previous quest hub(s) and the quest hub you're currently on though without quests at the moment).

Eregion is 48-53 btw so you can start as early as 43.

PS: In Gwingris, there are worms (in Pend Eregion) and Dunlendings that drop quest items. There's a quest chain to collect holly leaves; a quest chain to kill wood-trolls, and a quest chain to kill the crebain. After you finish the worm quest chain, you get to kill half-orcs in Pembar.
    Last edited by Mildford; Mar 08 2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders (RIP) • Gladden

Yes, you can start Eregion when everything is orange and red, but it will be hairy if you have a hunter or any other non heavy/warden character. I have run too many character into and through moria, and my preferred strategy is skipping Eregion and just sneak right to Echad Dunann and start the walls of Moria at lvl 45-46. You can get busy at 45 and get your first leggy, but to get the second leggy right inside the doors you need to be lvl 46. So, both legendaries, I LEAVE Moria and go back to where I was, be it Angmar, Forochel or Misty Mountains. At 48 I hit Sarnur, the Dourhand Dwarf stronghold in Ered Luin. You can hit that sooner too, of course, as the dwarves are 48, but rather tough, so around level 48 makes it easier. They drop Thorin's hall Reputation items. Slay and gather until you are kindred, and then you can buy a thorin's hall goat for riding in Moria, unless you enjoy walking about. *Spoiler* You get a half-speed goat a bit into moria, but it's slow, brittle, and a proper goat is better.

When you have leggies and goat, you are free to do whatever you want, finish whatever area you are in and hitting moria at 51, or later. I prefer being on level or above to have an easier time, but some people like to rush it and push red all the way, up to you. A word of warning though, Moria changes the game. You want to be ready, with traits and gear before you go in there. It's narrow, it's dark, pitfalls are everywhere, the previously puny goblins have a vicious stun, and they can get really ugly to sub-level characters. I ran moria first time with a warden, back in the pre U666, and I was a Giant on earth, delighting in gathering everything I could see into one big moshpit and eating them all like bacon. And in Moria, *I* was the bacon until I learned to adjust.
    V.

thanks all.
    i got through eregion and got to 49, and now i'm in sarnur. then i'll finish vol 1 epics and go to gates of moria.
    one question, grey heavens ia an existing area?

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotGuy View Post
    thanks all.
    i got through eregion and got to 49, and now i'm in sarnur. then i'll finish vol 1 epics and go to gates of moria.
    one question, grey heavens ia an existing area?
    The Gray Havens is not in the game. Only mentioned in the books.

Definitely a good idea to get the Thorin's Hall rep goat before entering Moria. Very convenient to have a good mount in there. Just don't run off a cliff into an abyss (much).
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com