We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Stuck On Cleaning Up Old Connection

So I was playing LOTRO and was in the Bree-land homesteads. I used my milestone port to go back to bree and it would not load. I restarted the Client and went to login again on the splash screen, then I got stuck on the cleaning up old connection. I have waited 30+ mins and tried restarting several times. I am running the client through Steam.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I play in Imladris, which has all my main toons. I did an experiment and connected to brandywine and it worked.
    Last edited by Merry'T; Mar 07 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Same situation here, but on Brandywine not Imladris! I'll keep trying!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ffd700][B]I visited Middle Earth and all I got was this lousy blackened filth...[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Same for me too on Eldar trying to enter craft hall in Esteldin

I had this problem alot about 6 months ago and it happened to me again last night i was leading a raid and the instance crashed the whole raid got locked out of their toons. I posted tickets and talked with technical support they told me to wait 24 hours if i was still having trouble then to let them know ( that was when it was happening 6 months ago). When ever it happened i found that if i logged into another server it would get past the cleaning up old connection then if you go back to your home server and try to log in you will not be able to log in the toon that got sucked into limbo for 2-24 hours I found it varied a lot but if you tried to log them in it would get stuck on loading screen and eventually it will say lost connection to server. if you log into another toon it will work fine. That has been my experience in the past and it seemed the same last night the raid i was in all logged to different servers then back and they were able to log into different toons. It sucks not being able to log into the toon you were trying to play but it seems to me there is a lotro limbo where toons go to vacation.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000095cc8/01006/signature.png]Aryadal[/charsig]

Just now having the same issue; I tried logging another server and it did that no problem but when I went back to try again on mine, it is still stuck on the cleaning up old connection part. Been playing game on different accounts a long time never had this happen before. Nothing seems to work it just hangs; if anyone has any other fixes to try please let us know, ty.

Red face my fix

well, about 10mins after I started this thread I got it to work. My fix was, I exited the Client then signed in on Brandywine and selected my toon and loaded him, then I exited and went back to my main server Imladris. Bing! problem fixed. Logged in like normal.

hope it helps

This problem effects both the Mac and PC clients....

See the thread in the General Forum - Cleaning up old Connection:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...old-connection
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Question

I am wondering if this was a game wide problem on a certain day....like a big bug/glitch?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000143ec8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Merry'T View Post
    I am wondering if this was a game wide problem on a certain day....like a big bug/glitch?
    My personal theory is, Yes... Turbine has repeatedly had, what to me, appear to be internal networking issues. I don't know the topology of their internal network, but I regularly see signs of, again what to me appear to be, "router issues." Network routers are "choke points" -- they are "invisible," but key components of "server farms." And, in general, the computing world neither realizes their existence and importance nor understands "what they do." Maintaing them is a highly specialized branch of System Administration.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)