We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Will, CeCe and Pow walk into a bar....

So, with U10 Will stats changed and the way power is assigned to all classes was revamped. On other threads, posters are discussing the amount of power they have and in some classes, they do not run out of power, even in raids. ex: I have a lowbee mini - and their power in nearly 2.5 times their moral.

So, my question is: what does this mean for LMs?

Skill revamps are coming and class adjustments too. I have no crystal ball information about what WB/T expects LMs to do.

In the days of SoA, LMs where the power battery for raids like Rift. CC was good but burgs did it better. Then pre-U10, power wasn't all that much of an issue, but we still could top up a hunter or RK and our CC was reduced over numerous releases.

We have 2 skills for power donation and the new L83 one is power to a fellowship. But what's the point of that now? No one is really gonna run out of power. Tanks will need to retrait a bit to get theirs back but LM power donations is sort of moot.

So, we are back to CC but as much of our CC has been significantly minimized. We can no longer hold a boss in CC and on the moors the diminishing returns means CC is not that important. Brands and pots pretty much negate that aspect.

So with the Will, CC and Power changes, what role is there for a LM in the future?
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

For the moment my LM is enjoying a slight resurgence, as guards (and sometimes champs) call out to me for power; but that will not last long. My own guard is just about regeared/retraited/"re-playstyled" to handle the New Deal, and I won't be surprised if guards' power skill costs get reduced in the future. Alternatively, maybe they will nerf the newly-buffed fate and all classes will have to manage power; in which case, LMs will be back in business, in classic power-slinging style.

Meanwhile debuffs, stun immunity, water lore, and buffs from pets still offer good value to a group, and in 3-mans I get to let my DPS flag fly (or I do the healing and let the mini/cappy/rk let his DPS flag fly).
    Last edited by Samsgaard; Mar 08 2013 at 07:12 PM.

I think you are quite right about the role of LMs for the short term.

The LM Recipe:
    1. SI SI SI
    2. Wound Removal (missing the on-going debuff though)
    3. Water-lore for me so the Mini/Cappy doesn't have to hold me up
    4. Fuzz-Ball Heally Pet
    5. Run the LORE Round-About: Wind, Fire etc.
    6. Toss in a few Other Debuffs here and there
    Feeds 6 easily

The really fun bit is: I wont retrait from DPS mode

Long term: I've not a clue what the Devs Intend, so Im not hoping the Trait/Virture Shuffle until we see the Upcoming Class

Design. hmmmm. Wonder if it will be 2 Blaster Pistols or an HK-51 Droid... Oh.. wrong game ROFLMAO.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel