We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Road to the Lonely Mountain quest

This quest first appeared when the 3-mans were launched in December. Talk to Gandalf in the Prancing Pony, and he sends you to Elrond in Rivendell, who sends you to three people, each of whom tells you about one of the 3-mans.

Complete each of the 3-mans, then go back and talk to Elrond.

I have a couple issues with this quest:

1) I completed the above portion of it before, yet upon logging in today I picked up the exact same quest and went through the exact same steps, as if I'd never done it nor completed any of the 3-mans, and;

2) After going through all the 3-mans again, I'm sent back to Elrond. He thanks me, and now the quest is at a point at which it says, "Wait until Master Elrond summons you again." I think this is where the quest ended before as well. Even if this step is new, it really seems like a "Elrond will talk to you again when the 6-man and 12-mans come out" step. Well, they're out, and the quest stalls here.

So...

Was this quest even supposed to be in the game? It's listed as a level 1 quest, although you need to be at least level 20 to do the Erebor instances. It seems like the quest should have a continuation with the second part of U10 that just launched, but it doesn't.

All in all, this quest seems like it was sort of worked on then just forgotten. There's not even an in-game mail to tell you to talk to Elrond, like we had with the In Their Absence quests or the little chain for the RoI instances. I only know of the quest because a friend stumbled upon it a few days after the first part of U10 launched.

So, jwbarry, or anyone who might know - what's going on with this quest? Should it be updating? Should it not exist at all?

I noticed this also, however when i logged in the quest was gone from my quest list. I cannot pick it back up either. It vanished.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

I've not picked that quest yet on my burg alt , asap i will be at home i will check if it's still avaible
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

I'm wondering the same... When am I gonna be summoned?
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

My only guess is right now is that The road to Erebor which was the original quest before u10, changed because there is a deed now after u10 called the road to Erebor. Now to make everyone do those instances over again seems trivial and before the update it seemed like that when the new instances came out it would advance. Now completing the quest again and stopping at the same part is confusing. My only guess right now is that turbine screwed this quest up, or that it might possibly advance after completing the road to Erebor deed. In wich case your lvl 85 and beat the raids t2 challenge. Making the fact that the lvl 1 means nothing other then the lvl 1 also means this quest probably doesn't give anything amazing, maybe just a title. on the other hand the previous quest advancement could be done at lvl 20 t1, which was easy to solo as a lvl 85. Probably going to end up doing everything and then turbine updates this quest and makes you do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ponedmonjaro View Post
    My only guess is right now is that The road to Erebor which was the original quest before u10, changed because there is a deed now after u10 called the road to Erebor. Now to make everyone do those instances over again seems trivial and before the update it seemed like that when the new instances came out it would advance. Now completing the quest again and stopping at the same part is confusing. My only guess right now is that turbine screwed this quest up, or that it might possibly advance after completing the road to Erebor deed. In wich case your lvl 85 and beat the raids t2 challenge. Making the fact that the lvl 1 means nothing other then the lvl 1 also means this quest probably doesn't give anything amazing, maybe just a title. on the other hand the previous quest advancement could be done at lvl 20 t1, which was easy to solo as a lvl 85. Probably going to end up doing everything and then turbine updates this quest and makes you do it all over again.
    This version can be done with level 20 instances as well - I ran through the three 3-mans at level 20 just to advance the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    I noticed this also, however when i logged in the quest was gone from my quest list. I cannot pick it back up either. It vanished.
    Yes that happened to me as well on my level 32 account. The quest is a very odd one indeed!

I got this quest because for my lvl 18 burg; when I happened to talk to Galdalf in the Prancing Pony. I spoke to everyone and now I have to complete the instances. I guess I'm suppoed to run to those areas? At lvl 18, I would surely die. I thought about getting it for my lvl 71 Minstrel and trying those areas. Maybe that would work?

has anyone completed the challenges?

After today's patch (Update 11.2), it seems that they fixed this quest and it is no able to be completed. Or I should say that I was able to complete it today, but I'm not sure if they had actually fixed it already in the patch 11.1.1 or whatever.

Anyways, there are absolutely zero rewards, but at least it's now out of my log!
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

I started working on this maybe a month, month and a half ago, and finished it a couple weeks ago, so it has been beatable for a while. I was actually never aware that it wasn't working previously.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread here; but I got this quest for my Lvl 73 Minstrel. I ran up to Giant Halls and found a fire drake there who was a master elite. I tried to rake him but couldn't. How are we supposed to do these quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycobilbo View Post
    How are we supposed to do these quests?
    In a fellowship.

Btw, I don't remember an Elite-Master Dragon in Giant Halls involved in this quest chain.
    Eruadarion - Captain
    Belegaer [DE] & Gwaihir [DE]

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    In a fellowship.

Btw, I don't remember an Elite-Master Dragon in Giant Halls involved in this quest chain.
    Yeah, when you get close to him, text comes up to the screen. I'll have to take a screenshot.

I'm pretty sure that drake is part of the level 65 bounty quest from that guy in Esteldin. This quest has you talk to Elrond, do the Erebor 3-mans, talk to Gimli (or maybe Legolas?), do the rest of the Erebor instances, then talk to Gandalf. Does your quest tracker actually take you to the Giant Halls and point you at that drake?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I'm pretty sure that drake is part of the level 65 bounty quest from that guy in Esteldin. This quest has you talk to Elrond, do the Erebor 3-mans, talk to Gimli (or maybe Legolas?), do the rest of the Erebor instances, then talk to Gandalf. Does your quest tracker actually take you to the Giant Halls and point you at that drake?
    Yes, you're right about the bounty. I wonder if I can do the 3-mans solo at 73.