We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Wind-Lore?

  1. #1

    Question Wind-Lore?

    Anyone notice if it was fixed.....haven't had a chance to play yet since update, busy trimming trees
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    565
    Yes, it is fixed.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Yes, it is fixed.

    Woohoo...just as I was getting back into DDO....now I feel the urge to come back to LoTRO

    Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    It was broke?

    Not sure what is worse that I didn't see anything explaining it, or that I didn't notice in game.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolas View Post
    It was broke?

    Not sure what is worse that I didn't see anything explaining it, or that I didn't notice in game.
    Oh yeah it was broke alright......there is another thread that should be right on thr front page of the Lore-Masters forums.....it was giving a 10% attack speed buff to enemies instead of debuff.

    Me and many others tested this.......and it was not just a visual error in the tooltip description.....it was actually working as -10% instead of +10%.

    It was quite lame to have such a great skill being non-usuable for so long.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    It was quite lame to have such a great skill being non-usuable for so long.
    Why unusable? Even with 10% fast attacks it lowers ranged damage alot.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    Oh yeah it was broke alright......there is another thread that should be right on thr front page of the Lore-Masters forums.....it was giving a 10% attack speed buff to enemies instead of debuff.

    Me and many others tested this.......and it was not just a visual error in the tooltip description.....it was actually working as -10% instead of +10%.

    It was quite lame to have such a great skill being non-usuable for so long.
    Oh that.

    Heh, for ages I just thought it was the playoff for getting such a huge damage debuff, making sure you didn't just use it all of the time, and focus it on ranged opponents.

    I'll get me coat

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Why unusable? Even with 10% fast attacks it lowers ranged damage alot.
    If it only hits ranged damage dealers, yes, it was an acceptable tradeoff. If there's ranged mixed in with melee or at least close enough to be hit, then you'd be debuffing the ranged and buffing the melee. Depending on how many melee/ranged and how hard they hit compared to one another, it could turn out to be an overall buff to the enemy's damage.

  9. #9
    Seperating melees and ranged isn't hard and thinking before using isn't either. Saying Windlore was unusable is mere exaggeration.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    I used it more frequently when they broke it 'cause I thought buffing mobs was hilarious.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Seperating melees and ranged isn't hard ...
    Not always true, but even if it were, so what? Why should my use of the power of wind make the ranged attacks do less damage but arrive more quickly? If I'm hassling an archer with a headwind or swirling wind that is affecting the velocity and/or accuracy of his arrows, surely it will also slow his delivery of more attacks, not speed them up!

  12. #12
    Well anyways....it is fixed now hopefully it will stay that way
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsgaard View Post
    Not always true, but even if it were, so what? Why should my use of the power of wind make the ranged attacks do less damage but arrive more quickly? If I'm hassling an archer with a headwind or swirling wind that is affecting the velocity and/or accuracy of his arrows, surely it will also slow his delivery of more attacks, not speed them up!
    I didn't say the bug was fine. I just said bugged Windlore was still usable, because it still lowered ranged damage alot.
    I prefer fixed Windlore like everyone else, but I used bugged Windlore too. It still lowered ranged damage by 45 %/56%.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    I didn't say the bug was fine. I just said bugged Windlore was still usable, because it still lowered ranged damage alot.
    I prefer fixed Windlore like everyone else, but I used bugged Windlore too. It still lowered ranged damage by 45 %/56%.
    Oh there is no doubt it was still useful when bugged....for me tho at the time I was dealing with situations where I couldn't be bothered with specifics and just didn't bother.

    It's just me though...I am not a 5+ time multi-tooner...I play one character that is it....so for me extreme places means not giving the enemy any edge at all.

    I will fully admit even trying to attempt to use it in it's bugged form would have resulted in me mistakenly buffing a melee mob quite a few times...and for the content I was solo'ing....even one melee with a 10% buff to attack speed very likely would have contributed to my death.

    If you were in full grasp of your situation and could keep it on just archers tho.....yeah it was still plenty useful

    When you don't have any idea what situation you are headed for tho.......it's very much a gamble.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload