We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Annoying bug in Webs of the Scuttledells

Anyone else experienced this bug in Webs of the Scuttledells?

Or did anyone find a solution for this problem?
    It is really annoying if u want to burn the webs but u cannot see where to walk....

Everyone in our group experienced a very similar issue today. After stepping out on the floor 10m or so, nobody could see any of the floor webbing. We tried all the work arounds we could think of, every permutation of graphic settings and camera angles. I submitted a bug report and ingame ticket. The GM responded that this was not a known issue, and encouraged us to always face backwards towards the entrance as a work-around. This did not resolve the issue and made the encounter relatively unplayable.

Each person in our group runs different systems, graphics cards, etc; and the exact same issue was experienced equally by all players. We had successfully completed this instance many times before the recent update. While you needed constant awareness of the web walkways, you could at least always see them.

I am interested if anybody else has had a similar experience; and whether any work-arounds have been helpful.

Ran into this issue several times, seems lowering graphics to low might help, not always but most of the time atleast

Had the same problem, every player in the group experienced it.

Yesterday night i did it with 2 friends and we couldn't see the webs . 1 have ATI graphic card (7970 ) 2 have Nvidia ( gtx 570 gt9600 )
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

yup

We had the same problem last night, 3 completely different systems, tried various graphics settings, nothing fixed it. Bug reported.

frustrating.
    [color=aqua]"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."[/color]

this bug was worse before. with the amount of bugs in instances these days, i wonder if they are even tested.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001cf6d8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

2 weeks ago my two friends and I were working on challenge mode and I could see the webs just fine. Tried again for the first time tonight and all of 3 us could not see the central webs. If you turn at a 90 degree to the web lines you can see them but that is not helpful for running the webs. Did the latest update break something?
    I love my computer because my friends live in it!

Had same problem, learned that turning off High Quality Lighting you can see webs

Same problem for us tonight. 4 people (I dropped and let someone else come in to find out if they could see), different systems/configurations, none of us could see the webs past about 10m from the edge of the cave. If you pan the camera around to weird angles, you can see them, but it's near impossible to actually walk and not fall off with the camera at those angles relative to your character.

Tried turning off HQ lighting, no change.
    Tried turning off post-processing effects, no change.
    Tried setting graphics to the Very Low preset, no change.
    Reduced to DX9, restarted client, set to Very Low, still can't see the webs.
    So basically, I've turned down/off everything there is to turn down/off, and still the webs aren't displayed.

Ran this fine prior to Update 10 with no graphical issues at all.

edit: And then, to top it all off, the wonderful beta forums decided to take my entire post and remove all the carriage returns and just format it all as one giant paragraph. Thanks, beta forums. Anyone wanna place a bet as to whether I get logged out when I try to submit the edit? lol
    Last edited by Kapt_Kaos; Apr 14 2013 at 11:27 PM.
    [IMG]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8875/e71n.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][COLOR=Lime]Borillar ([SIZE=2]8[/SIZE]5 Minstrel) Mappin (85 RK) - Askew ([SIZE=2]8[/SIZE]5 Warden) - Grimmand ([SIZE=2]85[/SIZE] Captain)
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Jehannum (Rank 9 Weaver)
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

May any Dev or any important person give us some informations about this bug ?
    It's really not fun to walk on a glass floor....
    I am trying every version of Nvidia driver since 2012 and nothing seems to help
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

I checked bullroarer last night, and the bug still exists there. I bugged it again with the new /bug tool.

There was an update at some point that introduced the problem, but you could get rid of it by turning off high quality lighting. Then with update 10 even that work around didn't work. I'm guessing it is related to a graphics bug in the Bree crafting hall. If I stand in certain places on the large crates by the vault keeper the stairs will turn black. The floor in the second boss room in SG also got some weird graphics bug during the same update.
    Helen - Lv 95 Champion
    The Force of Middle Earth, Silverlode

Has anyone run this since the latest round of downtimes? I know only one of them was an update but I'm hoping at some point a fix was put in?
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: roxxi manor

Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    Has anyone run this since the latest round of downtimes? I know only one of them was an update but I'm hoping at some point a fix was put in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    I've run Webs twice since U11 with kinmates, including last night. When Webs first launched I rant it once and didn't have a problem seeing the web-walkways. Didn't play it again until last week (post-U11), and I noticed the inability to see the walkways. I hadn't read anything about this being a problem, so I didn't know what to do.

Out of curiosity I turned my overall graphics setting down (from "High" in my case to "Medium") and bam: all pathways were clearly visible again. No detailed tweaking.

I have no idea if this will help anyone else, but from my experience the visual bug is still there, yet at least I'm 1 player who has found success making the walkway re-appear since U11. And without much fuss really.

good luck to others!

Quote Originally Posted by Troutdude View Post
    I've run Webs twice since U11 with kinmates, including last night. When Webs first launched I rant it once and didn't have a problem seeing the web-walkways. Didn't play it again until last week (post-U11), and I noticed the inability to see the walkways. I hadn't read anything about this being a problem, so I didn't know what to do.

Out of curiosity I turned my overall graphics setting down (from "High" in my case to "Medium") and bam: all pathways were clearly visible again. No detailed tweaking.

I have no idea if this will help anyone else, but from my experience the visual bug is still there, yet at least I'm 1 player who has found success making the walkway re-appear since U11. And without much fuss really.

good luck to others!
    The problem was that before U10(?) you were able to see the ways by changing some graphics settings but when U10 went live nothing helped, trust me, there was no way in bringing the ways back to see them. I changed every graphics setting including changing DX.

But as you stated above, since U11 it is again possible to see them by changing your graphics setting. What helped for me was to uncheck the option High-Quality Lighting (or something like that...I don't play with the english client)

So yes, it is playable again

Greetings