We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Spider Pet Unannounced NERF!!!

    My Spider pet is hitting for about 350 (ranged spider pet) when he used to hit for 850....anyone else seeing this change on their spiders?

    Would like to know if this is by a mistake or something left out of the notes.

    Thanks,
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dreamland, Duh
    Posts
    12

    Angry None

    I haven't yet seen anything offical on this nerf, I tell you however I noticed it as soon as I started fighting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweav3r View Post
    I haven't yet seen anything offical on this nerf, I tell you however I noticed it as soon as I started fighting.
    It only hit that high on crits. You might be noticing it get less crits due to changes to crit defense; especially if you were testing against NPCs, which now all have varying levels of critical defense.

    No, the spider pet did not hit 800 dmg per shot every second on non-crits.

    Obviously, the pets do not scale their crit chance and other stats with us, so they do not benefit from the new corruptions. While this would be nice, I wouldn't want to see it added as it would also likely be done for LM pets... so no thank you!
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

    Even my Signature is trolling!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    It only hit that high on crits. You might be noticing it get less crits due to changes to crit defense; especially if you were testing against NPCs, which now all have varying levels of critical defense.

    No, the spider pet did not hit 800 dmg per shot every second on non-crits.

    Obviously, the pets do not scale their crit chance and other stats with us, so they do not benefit from the new corruptions. While this would be nice, I wouldn't want to see it added as it would also likely be done for LM pets... so no thank you!

    Pre Update 10
    Eve scored a critical hit with Acid Spit on Coldfells Hunter for 2,035 Acid damage to Morale.

    Post Update 10
    Eve scored a devastating hit with Acid Spit on Isendeep Miner for 599 Acid damage to Morale.

    My pet used to damage about 750-800 per Acid Spit, now it's only about 300-350. So, no it's not about crits at all, it's a direct damage nerf.
    Ze.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pickerington/Nelsonville ohio
    Posts
    148
    Stop qqing and deal with it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421600000010ce46/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sylidor, you were the best raid leader freepside, we all love and miss you. R.I.P.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by aruthir View Post
    Pre Update 10
    Eve scored a critical hit with Acid Spit on Coldfells Hunter for 2,035 Acid damage to Morale.

    Post Update 10
    Eve scored a devastating hit with Acid Spit on Isendeep Miner for 599 Acid damage to Morale.

    My pet used to damage about 750-800 per Acid Spit, now it's only about 300-350. So, no it's not about crits at all, it's a direct damage nerf.
    Laughable that you guys would qq about this! It's a pet, my raven does 83 common dmg per hit, crits for 180 or so. Burning embers vs a r6 spider I can crit for 800 but non crit for 300 or so, this is a skill that reads 1,200 - 2,000hp per hit.

    The most resilient creep class in the moors has NOTHING to whine about. Your dots tick for more than my bread and butter skills hit for...

    Go cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Laughable that you guys would qq about this! It's a pet, my raven does 83 common dmg per hit, crits for 180 or so. Burning embers vs a r6 spider I can crit for 800 but non crit for 300 or so, this is a skill that reads 1,200 - 2,000hp per hit.

    The most resilient creep class in the moors has NOTHING to whine about. Your dots tick for more than my bread and butter skills hit for...

    Go cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
    +rep

    I will not hear QQ that a RANGED pet did not hit for over 2k damage. Try playing an LM or Cappy.
    Cost (85 Hunter, r7), Costs (95 RK. r8), Cosst (95 Burglar, r11), Costss (85 Guard, r7), Cossts (95 Mini, r10), Costts (85 Cappy, r8), Cosstt (85 LM, r9), Costt (95 Warden, r7), Craid (Warg, r9)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by IthiliusofHonourless View Post
    Stop qqing and deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Go cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    +rep

    I will not hear QQ that a RANGED pet did not hit for over 2k damage. Try playing an LM or Cappy.
    1. I'm not so sure anyone was QQ'ing, this was one of the more reasonable threads on the forums. It was a discussion between spiders about a possible change to the game and class performance that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

    2. I've never played a spider post-RoR, and about the only things I really know about the class is that they have a stupidly potent reflect skill and ott self-heals. DPS output from LM's, on the other hand, I know of (especially as a BA). And built right, cappy DPS output can be devastating, which, coupled with their self-heals, puts them in a very strong position. And champs are ridiculous, as always post-RoI. So, I suppose my question is... Why the hate?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#008000]Palaverus Querulus (R11)[/COLOR], [COLOR=#00ffff]Jakyll Andhide (R6)​[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ff0000]Yellowsub Marine (R1)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffd700]Elendilmir[/COLOR][/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,465
    Let me re-arrange the words for you since my first attempt at simple English failed.

    When a pet of ANY type can out dps a player's main skills there is no need to "ask" why the change.

    Everything is relative, I guess. The guy who makes a million dollars a year will also complain when new taxes come along. I get it.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    6ft under
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    Try playing an LM or Cappy.
    No thanks, easymoding isn't for me!
    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post

    Try playing an LM
    lol

    wl>dot>wl>dot>wl>dot>lightning >ents>collect renown

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Laughable that you guys would qq about this! It's a pet, my raven does 83 common dmg per hit, crits for 180 or so.
    Raven would still be a good pet if it did no damage at all. You don't use it for its direct damage and you know it.
    Last edited by Mormirel; Mar 15 2013 at 11:57 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    186
    It's funny that its always the Freeps post QQ's about Creep QQ'ing when the OP asks a legitimate question.

    Theres apparently lots of unannounced and undocumented "little things" and some not so little things that this update nerfed on Creepside. Just look at the forums and virtually every class has questions about something that was changed that they didn't know about. Why haven't the devs been forthright with the release notes to show these I wonder? Its not like its going to take a dev a week to write a one liner on a release note for each change. But then they know exactly what they where doing.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5668936TsVpp.png[/img][/url]
    Rank 12 Warleader, Flaprat Rank 11 Reaver, various other ones i'm useless at...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    529
    They have no idea what they are doing, proof is in the pudding!

    Gm's on creepside during beta were "Bleeeeeeep" useless.

    Devs have stated that this might end up like a train wreck, they were just not sure how bad!

    Silent nerfs to the side that is now further behind the eight ball!


    /end
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CirdalvalSilnuviel View Post
    1. I'm not so sure anyone was QQ'ing, this was one of the more reasonable threads on the forums. It was a discussion between spiders about a possible change to the game and class performance that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

    2. I've never played a spider post-RoR, and about the only things I really know about the class is that they have a stupidly potent reflect skill and ott self-heals. DPS output from LM's, on the other hand, I know of (especially as a BA). And built right, cappy DPS output can be devastating, which, coupled with their self-heals, puts them in a very strong position. And champs are ridiculous, as always post-RoI. So, I suppose my question is... Why the hate?
    They think they're hardcore.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000020a8c6/signature.png]Slyzer[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    The simple fact that any of you think that a PET hitting for 850 morale is normal is just plain drug-induced.
    It is just on the same level as wanting a freep class that can put out high dps, at the same time can apply lots of CC, at the same time can easily outheal 2 creeps, at the same can make itself immune to most CC.

    Anyway, can you contribute anything else to the topic besides just throwing insults on other players?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    It is just on the same level as wanting a freep class that can put out high dps, at the same time can apply lots of CC, at the same time can easily outheal 2 creeps, at the same can make itself immune to most CC.

    Anyway, can you contribute anything else to the topic besides just throwing insults on other players?
    Thread Winner.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

    Even my Signature is trolling!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload