We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CirdalvalSilnuviel View Post

DforP 2
    Crit Rating x 5

That makes for 24.4% crit chance (10% dev) with a multiplier of 35.2%.
    A note to this build. With rank 11 you´ll gain Pack Alpha which gives you critical rating as well. Also you´ll get Frenzy with rank 6, which gives you additional critical rating. With these skills/traits and your passive skills until rank 9 you will reach critical rating cap with only three crit corruptions.

I agree to earlier posts:

HfP2
    DfP2
    Crit
    Crit
    Crit
    Mastery

for a glass cannon build (rofl) you could replace HfP2 with another Mastery corruption

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordGate View Post
    A note to this build. With rank 11 you´ll gain Pack Alpha which gives you critical rating as well. Also you´ll get Frenzy with rank 6, which gives you additional critical rating. With these skills/traits and your passive skills until rank 9 you will reach critical rating cap with only three crit corruptions.

HfP2
    DfP2
    Crit
    Crit
    Crit
    Mastery

for a glass cannon build (rofl) you could replace HfP2 with another Mastery corruption
    Yes, but why would you want 4% more damage if you can have 10% more morale at the cost of 2,5% damage? For soloing, a bit of morale is needed, and that 10% really does make the difference. (I assume this is a build for soloing?)

I bought Pack Alpha from the Store, am only missing a few passives that I believe I will have by R7-8. As it stands, I'm at the cap with the R6 passives, so I might take out a Crit Rating for a Mastery.

And again, morale corruptions imo are of very little use atm. With freep crits as they are, 10% more morale (up to 2k, at high ranks, let's say?) will do almost nothing against most classes. I would rather take any boost in DPS output so I have a chance of burning down the target faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Yes, but why would you want 4% more damage if you can have 10% more morale at the cost of 2,5% damage? For soloing, a bit of morale is needed, and that 10% really does make the difference. (I assume this is a build for soloing?)
    With rank 14 battle promotion and my build I´m at 17.129 morale. With your build I´m at 18.842 morale with a total damage loss of 7,4%. I don´t think that more morale is needed for soloing (!). I can choose my fights and in 1vs1 fights I can´t complain about my morale. To kill something out of a throng of freeps I definitely need every % of damage I can get and if I´ll be focused by more than one runekeeper (or hunter, champion and so on ) 1.700 additional morale wouldn´t help I think.

With rank 14 battle promotion and my build I´m at 17.129 morale. With your build I´m at 18.842 morale with a total damage loss of 7,4%. I don´t think that more morale is needed for soloing (!). I can choose my fights and in 1vs1 fights I can´t complain about my morale. To kill something out of a throng of freeps I definitely need every % of damage I can get and if I´ll be focused by more than one runekeeper (or hunter, champion and so on ) 1.700 additional morale wouldn´t help I think.
    7,4% is, adding heals/HoTs/Ring procs a 0,074 * 15500 (taking average champ morale + the previous stated)= 1.147 morale.
    18.842 morale - 17.129 morale = 1.713 morale. Taking your BC for 700 it's 1.147/700= 1,6 hits to make up for that lost damage. Champ hits the same, or around, with the build I use so 1.713/680= 2,5 hits (not sure if this is realistic). So with warg attack duration vs champ, it turns out in your advantage. If something is wrong with the math.. Not having caculator atm ^^
    For RKs/Hunters no math needed. You need morale instead of damage to survive when kited and kill them in the stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by grapez View Post
    I still happend to out dps their heal in the end strongly backed up using piercing claw every 20s and some stuns ofc with SS+eye rake and swipe from behind. Yes it takes a long time. A champ at the tactical mitigation cap? They might excist ofc but I think most champs realize they are a dps class.
    That's what gear swapping is for, 60% is not the cap, and outpost buffs are really powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeofMisconduct View Post
    You're the one who made the claim that "Honestly no champ is beating a semi proficient spider with out using CDs your a blatant liar if you say you do or your fighting sub par spiders."

Against the 2 best Spiders on my server, I need to parse 350-400 DPS. That's about 32-36k in 1.5 minutes. I use Bracing Attack, Curative pots, Fear/Root/Stun pots. Morale if they use Catch Prey (Stun to break or kite 25m away). I leave the rest of my longer cool-downs for zergs and 1v2+.

One kites a bit more and uses CP, the other Melee dances and doesn't use CP. I kill their pets first (ranged pet will do 4-5k during a fight if untouched), and often start DPS'ing them at 8-10k (I'm at 11.8k unbuffed). Both like to stack the +30% attack duration wound debuff behind the +7% miss chance wound debuff. 5 pieces of the resilient set w/ Bracing works wonders when the 5-set bonus procs. I swap to 5/1 Resilient/Unyielding and then back to 4/2 Unyielding/Resilient. If I see burrow, then I break LoS and eat +9k OCMR food... but the last Spider to burrow on me in a 1v1 (not open field gank) did so 3 times before she gave up.

Iaranna and Ekklektik are two of the best Spiders I've fought. Frostbloodnakh doesn't play anymore, but he was the only Spider in RoI that beat me more than once. I don't know about the quality of Champs and Spiders on Arkenstone since I do not play there. However, I wager that the best on my server can't be that much better than the best on yours (if at all).

Movement/Skill rotation/Bracing/Bracing cure/protecting my attack duration are what I focus on against Spiders. I swap between Dual-Wield and Two-handed (DW for utility and AoE, 2h for strike skills). Best of luck to you. This is my build for comparison, with 1 blue Outpost:

Key figures:

Morale -- 11,866
    Tactical mitigation -- 14,590 (60.8%)
    Finesse -- 8,088 (19.3%)
    Crit -- 7,583 (17.4%)

Traits (ideal for 1v1, not solo roaming setup):

Flurry of Blows
    Deadly Strikes
    Bountiful Mercy
    Vicious Strikes

Braced Against Defeat
    Tight Grip (or Vigour of Champions)
    Reprisal

Gear:

2x Earring of the Defiant
    1x Iavasur
    1x Eternal Knight's Bracelet
    1x Battle Bracelet of Eomer
    2x Athgrat's Polished Ring
    1x Wold Iron Bauble
    1x Protective Cloak of Eomer

Last but not least... I don't equip a bow unless something is kiting beyond my melee range. Auto-attacks often constitute 25% or more of my DPS. I'd rather have near-guaranteed hit melee auto-attacks than near-guaranteed miss ranged auto-attacks.

Edit: As for Flayer Wargs, don't let them kite you. Cure the Diseases (Bracing + Resilient Set/Pots). Do enough DPS to negate the +5% max morale bubble heal (settle for the +1% heal). Brute bonus can be kited off near beginning of the fight. Blood Rage the Topple (pots won't work). Bracing every 20-30 and Champ ought to win with a good skill rotation. Don't see many Flayer dogs in 1v1 circles since RoR; I tend to see them Flayer-rooting me in front of the 6-boxing Spider or Creep raid.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye64 View Post
    That's what gear swapping is for, 60% is not the cap, and outpost buffs are really powerful.
    I don't fight champs who knows what they are doing after u10. simple as that since I can choose my fights.

I'm just a young pup, too (about halfway through r5), but I've been using:

Mastery
    Mastery
    Mastery
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Damage for Power 2

I still have to play around with it a bit - thinking of possibly trading out a mastery for a crit until I hit the cap there. Then again, I have yet to not crit within the first pounce stun since I've been running like this. (Shadow stance, of course, with Aud 6 - can't afford the 6k comms yet 0.o)

As far as real-life applicability, yeah I do die. Fast. But I pump out some good damage, too. And I'd have to agree: with crits the way they are, I'd rather just go for all-out glass cannon. Against NPCs I've been parsing about 1k dps and have gotten 6k dev hits with claws from stealth.

Against freeps - a lot tougher to say. I play on a netbook, and a 10" screen and 2GB of RAM doesn't exactly lend itself to the Moors, so I've been slowly ranking and biding my time until I get a better computer for any serious pvping. That being said, from the bit I have seen, this build does do pretty well - I lasted a good minute against a r11 RK on my server and forced her to use her bubble. If you keep someone focused on their own green bar it's harder for them to focus on yours. At least, that's my theory. Also, if you're going for KBs, a claws crit from stealth usually does the trick. And, for what it's worth, I've finally gotten my first KBs--12 in the past two days (again, not part of any raids)--with this build.

The glass cannon route definitely requires not minding dying, but you can get some fun kills in at the same time. I think it really fits the whole mindset/playstyle of a warg. You pick your battles, run in, pounce and let loose and hope you kill them before they kill you.

Not for everyone, but it's a heck of a lot of fun!
    lvl 105 Guardian | 92 Mini | 63 Hunter | 35 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV

Quote Originally Posted by bonesmccoy View Post
    I think the lack of responses here is indicative of the lack of options wargs have. For example, I traited very similar to the DPS traiting listed here and fought a captain that I had never lost 1v1 to today. I lost easily. I retraited for survivability with the same results. The problem lies in the imbalance between being forced to trait for protection or DPS. There is no balance and what used to be OP for me is now completely dead. Also, I am embarrassed to say I lost to a hunter 1v1. Granted the freeps had 3 ops, but still . . . I never thought I would see the day. I'm resolved to the fact that at the moment the solo warg is in a sorry state.

On a side note, I understand the qq about the Mord brands. However, those of us that used them offensively to run into groups of 10 freeps and at least trade kills are completely out of luck now. Not many options left for us solo wargs these days.
    Pretty much summed up how I feel at the moment, the solo warg is not a very fun place to be right now and I havn't been playing much.

I have decided to just go complete glass canon with 3 critical rating boosts in there and run shadow, just wait around the edges of fights and try and leap in and burst a kill on injured freeps...I will try out the Flayer DPS build later and see how that feels nice suggestion

Hfp2
    Crit x5
    High crits are a wargs friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    3. Most of the FOTM wargs switched back to freepside or defiler/weaver.
    wut? Explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Hfp2
    Crit x5
    High crits are a wargs friend.
    Amen, but I would swap out the HforP 2 for DforP 2 (as I did, in fact). 10% (1-2k) morale won't do much in the current crit-happy climate, so you might as well increase your damage output a bit, no?

Once I have the crit, morale, power etc. non-BFP passives - that, I believe, will max out at R7 or 8 - I might even take out a Crit Rating and slot in a Mastery or maybe HforP 2. The theory is that the melee crit passives should by themselves take me as close to the crit/dev chance caps as the Crit corruptions do now. I'll report back here once I've tested this.

wut? Explain this.
    I'm pretty sure what Dragnipurake is referring to is the sudden explosion in the warg population after the last pre-RoR update, when warg DPS got a huge boost and they were stealing my BA KB's left and right. Of those then-new players, I don't doubt a majority are the kind to flip to the FotM class with every update/expansion. And since defilers and weavers were (are?) the toast of creepside post-RoR, it is conceivable that a majority of them played those classes before going back to freepside with U10.

HfP2
    DfP2
    Crit
    Crit
    Crit
    Mastery

With your build im at 17.4k morale, at 0 ops i did [kritischer Treffer mit "Bestialische Klauen" gegen Leichte Übungspuppe Orion für 1,309 Punkte Schaden des Typs "Schatten" auf Moral.] 1309 damage against the light training dummy in grams.

With a 5 crit build/1morale im at 17.4k morale too and i dealt 1297 critical damage with claws to the same dummy.

With a 3xmorale/1xcrit protection/2xcrit im at 20,1k morale, my crit defense goes um from 12,4% to 23,3% and i dealt 1230 critical damage with claws.

All the test were without frenzy, what is very important because you can get close to the crit cap with frenzy and 3 crit corruptions.

In my opinion it doesnt really help to trait more than 3 crit corruptions, 1x critical defense is also very nice because you get 10% defense more (only helpful for 1vs1 situations, if you want to burst a light class down its better to trait for 3 crit corruptions).

In my opinion a build with 3x morale and 3xcrit OR 2xcrit+1xcrit defense (better for 1vs1s) is a well-balanced build for open pvp.

Where's all the Flayer builds at?

I prefer Flayer over Shadow for most situations, especially 1v1's (except for LM's/Mini's where the silences from Shadow are crucial). The glass cannon build for Shadow is fun - until you show up on a freep's raid assist target - and then you explode. So I usually run around in all-out survival Flayer build, and it works pretty well for solo/small groups/raids/whatever.

Flayer:
    HfP2
    HfD2
    Crit Protect
    Crit Protect
    Crit Protect
    Tact Mit

18k+ moral at R12, 20k+ with the IP buff. I forgot what the mitigations are, but its something like 60% physical, 50% tactical, with ~40% critical protection. I also find myself using this build while in Shadow stance - usually just by roaming around without a stance, and then activating Flayer or Shadow depending on the situation (Heavy armor champ? Go flayer. Light armour mini? Shadow).

Even without any damage corruptions, I can still dish out decent DPS while in Flayer or Shadow. And if you feel the need for an extra DPS boost you can immediately switch to Shadow from Flayer without the 10 second stance cooldown .

I'm interested in hearing what other people are using for their Flayer builds.

Off topic but... what better place to talk to Wargs then this thread.

Not sure how many of you have noticed but when in Flayer, the Brute Bonus from Raking Claws (when active) is preventing the application of the Brutal Fangs debuff. Feel free to /bug

And Frenzy still isn't adding to dev mag. Not sure if it's supposed to or not... but currently, it is not.

Also, credit to Stylen/Inbur for this tip... use Bestial Claws before Shadow Pack for optimal results ;p

He also mentioned that crits/devs will make Piercing Claws remove 10% Morale. I had noticed the increased damage prior to him telling me, I just didn't put 2 and 2 together.

On topic, 5 +Crit and dfp2 is fun... in a masochistic kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Health for Power (Rank 2)
    Damage for Power (Rank 2)
    Critical Rating Boost 1
    Critical Rating Boost 2
    Critical Rating Boost 3
    Critical Protection Boost 1
    I have settled on exactly this set-up and spend my time in Shadow stance with EoS slotted, having a whale of a time!

Okay, so another warg on the server (thanks Furrydave!) and I tested and did some math last night on this. I'd been running with

Dmg for Pwr 2
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Mastery
    Mastery
    Mastery

and he'd been running with

Dmg for Pwr 2
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating

When we looked at it, 5 crit rating boosts puts you over the cap (25%), and the added dev chance we decided wasn't worth it. 3 Masteries gives good damage, but boosting the crit rating seemed to add more. We ran some tests, and it seems that the most damage you can get for a glass cannon build comes with

Dmg for Pwr 2
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Crit Rating
    Mastery

With this, mastery is a lot lower than in my initial setup, which lead to less-damaging crits, but I was critting often enough to more than make up for the difference.

Another note: using Frenzy gives the same boost as slotting a Crit Rating boost - it's well worth it to add into a rotation early on in a fight. Also, that frees up the trait slot for a mastery, which boosts overall damage more than overcapping with a fifth crit rating.

If anyone else feels like doing some more detailed tests and confirming this (or, even better, disproving it!) that'd be awesome.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 92 Mini | 63 Hunter | 35 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Ive done some tests. Sorry I dont have any screenshots tho but the results I got for max dps:

DfP2
    Mastery
    Mastery
    Crit boost
    Crit boost
    Crit boost

I tested by hitting a dummy for 1 min in shadow stance and using combatanalysis. Did this several times in each build. no buffs were used and had one red OP all the time.

I also have the "Pack Alfa" and EoS traits.
    Last edited by grapez; Apr 15 2013 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedry View Post
    Also, credit to Stylen/Inbur for this tip... use Bestial Claws before Shadow Pack for optimal results ;p
    How come? (not arguing, just wondering why lol) I like to use: shadow pack-pounce-rend flesh-maul-claws as an opening sequence. It seems to do the most dps overall, but I'll change it in a heartbeat if something's better...

Ive done some tests. Sorry I dont have any screenshots tho but the results I got for max dps:

DfP2
    Mastery
    Mastery
    Crit boost
    Crit boost
    Crit boost

I tested by hitting a dummy for 1 min in shadow stance and using combatanalysis. Did this several times in each build. no buffs were used and had one red OP all the time.

I also have the "Pack Alfa" and EoS traits.
    I completely neglected to check the OPs when I did mine lol. I did the same thing - 1 minute spamming claws. I don't have Pack Alpha, but do have EoS. I started in stealth in shadow stance and used combatanalysis too. I'll have to go back and check again, with some longer tests (I'm thinking of not just looking at dps, but looking at things like average hit damage and stuff) of, say, 3 minutes or even 5 if power holds out for that long lol. Also, I'm only r6 and 7 aud, so that might have something to do with the difference in our tests? I expect to keep testing every time I rank or add skills/traits/audacity.

I'll test again, and try and get some screenshots - may be a while before I can get to it though... dern school! :P

Thanks grapez!

Quote Originally Posted by Arathaert View Post
    I completely neglected to check the OPs when I did mine lol. I did the same thing - 1 minute spamming claws. I don't have Pack Alpha, but do have EoS. I started in stealth in shadow stance and used combatanalysis too. I'll have to go back and check again, with some longer tests (I'm thinking of not just looking at dps, but looking at things like average hit damage and stuff) of, say, 3 minutes or even 5 if power holds out for that long lol. Also, I'm only r6 and 7 aud, so that might have something to do with the difference in our tests? I expect to keep testing every time I rank or add skills/traits/audacity.

I'll test again, and try and get some screenshots - may be a while before I can get to it though... dern school! :P

Thanks grapez!
    I don't know how it is without "Pack Alfa" and if you should swap out one mastery for another crit boost(?). For me tho, there was no point having more then 3 crit boosts.

Thanks for the reply, I asked this question because I'm essentially an all flayer warg all the time when I creep, hardly ever use shadow. Before U10, full dps build was quite viable in 1v1 situations, though survivability helped as well. Against the really epic peeps, I still lost, but gave them a run for their money except for certain champs which are just crazy, lol. Cheers.

Only useful place I found for flayer stance was in spars really. If theres a lot of 1vs1 fighting in your server then ofc go for it.
    I had some successful fights against some champs where I traited 3 crit protections, HfP2, HfD2 and DfP2. I kited a lot while they were bleeding. I think it would be even better to swap DfP2 into HfP1 to get even more morale which means more self heal. The tactic will be a lot of kiting and draw out the time to your advantage while stacking bleeds and debuffs and keep them up. You know the drill.
    Against the very good champs I was helpless tho. Especially if they pop a cd or two.

Against hunters it's very useful since they will run out of focus when you still have lots of morale left and you will see them start to melee attack you if you have fleas and savage fangs on them to also prevent them using induction shots as well.
    Good rk's zapped me to death. Simple as that.
    It was kinda useful against average burglars but if they pop TnG..
    Haven't tried out flayer much against other classes. I haven't tried out flayer much at all after the update since I gave it up so early, except in spars.

I never tried the all out dps corruptions while in flayer stance but maybe I'll give it a try to see how it works out for me. It sounds interesting, especially for solo play.
    "Invader's blood marches through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"-Zim
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320601000009fb9e/signature.png]Felasbane[/charsig]

It honestly depends on the role I'm trying to play raid/solo. When I'm in a raid with flayer I'm primarily used for the Pack Flayers root and I end up traiting for survivability at all costs. That build ends up looking like...

Crit Prot X3
    HFP2
    HFP1
    HFD2

Really just makes me hard to burn down when I'm out in the open like that. Occasionally when solo I'll run flayer and lately I've been using one of 2 different builds. Both stack morale as much as possible to make flayer more effective. One is focused more on dps and the other on survivability...

HFP2
    HFP1
    HFD2
    HFD1
    DFP2
    Crit Rating

OR

HFP2
    HFP1
    HFD2
    HFD1
    Crit Prot x2

For shadow I almost always run glass cannon and yes you are squishy as all get out, but you can burn things down quite nicely.

DFP2
    Crit rating x4
    Mastery

I'm a big believer that with OPs giving so much mastery, you're better off traiting crit rating over mastery (until you cap). The obvious exception to this is if you have no outposts and therefore are really short on mastery. In those cases logic would dictate that slotting a mastery is probably wise. Just my two cents.

Shadow pack has 2 problems; when used after some skills the client will say 'skill is not ready', also it has a short delay for the animation (we all know we can fix that with eye rake). Bestial Claws/Claws is a 'fast' skill (even though tooltip doesnt state it) which means it has no post delay so if you hit shadow pack (or any other skill) after claws it will fire instantly, eye rake the animation and shadow pack goes off without a hitch.

Since I'm here posting any warg that reads this thread please report 'raking claw' brute bonus debuff as bugged; it supercedes/overwrites our other debuffs (which have the same icon, 2 of them) and Frenzy adding mellee crit rating but no magnitude.

Current Setup

Greetings all,

As a still new pup (halfway through rank 5 as of yesterday), I've experimented with a few of the suggestions on this post and have pretty much settled on the following for the time being:

Hfp2
    Dfp2
    Crit boost x4

I decided on Hfp2 because I just feel more comfortable with the extra 10% morale and despite the crit-happy enviornment, it has served me well.

Example: my last fight yesterday I pounced (I think a r5) hunter who thought he was safe standing on the hill at GV just past the cluster of npc's on the front lawn. I knew it was risky given the npc's but had just gotten 9 audacity so I gave it a go. Got the pounce, then got immediately jumped by 2 npc's but fought the hunter with the npc's on me down to within my last 10% of morale when the hunter went down and I high-tailed it out of there surviving albeit barely (thanks to that extra morale). Without it, I'm not sure I would have won and/or survived.

I never expected to be able to solo freeps as a shadow warg until into the blue ranks (notwithstanding the purchase of a few choice items at the lotro store), but I've had incredible results with the setup so far having downed at least half a dozen red ranked freeps of various classes solo and at least one r7 hunter (I know, I know) also solo. Granted, they're low ranked but results that are still way better than expected given my own low rank and squishiness.

As for the setup, not sure if it's my imagination, but with 4 crit boosts I seem to be critting just about every other hit, and end up successfully spamming claw/rend/maul.

Don't get me wrong, I still die a lot, especially if I get caught in the middle of a raid brawl or take on freeps of any appreciable rank, but having a heck of a good time anyway (though I almost felt sorry for that last hunter lol).

I still have a niggling question as to whether I should trade a crit boost for a mastery, but may hold off for now and see how I go as I rank before swapping out (but am certainly open to any suggestions).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the issue.

Cheers!
    Last edited by arrowhead5; Apr 29 2013 at 12:22 AM.

My traits:
    4x Critical Rating Boost
    damage for power 2
    damage for health 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ggdII8_vI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYsrExd52-E

These videos show how it works.
    Last edited by Angaroth; Apr 30 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2