We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U10 Warg Corruptions

I'm curious how my fellow wargs are traiting now that U10 has gone live. From early traiting ideas, to set ups that you're finding are working, I'm curious to see how others are tackling the crit def changes and the addition of the crit rating corruptions.

With some minor tweaking, I settled on the below to test out for a few days:

Health for Power (Rank 2)
    Damage for Power (Rank 2)
    Critical Rating Boost 1
    Critical Rating Boost 2
    Critical Rating Boost 3
    Critical Protection Boost 1

This has put me up to 21.3% crit rating, up to 23.5% if I get Frenzy up. My crit defence then sits at 23.3%, a little lower than I'd really like, but so far it seems to be okay.

Just had a couple fights with it and while fighting a small group of freeps (with a small group of creeps around), it seemed to go pretty well. Certainly helped in whittling the minstrel in the group down. Second fight was an impromptu 1v1 with a champ that was extremely close, but I could see the crits making a noticable difference. Probably would have worked in my favor in the end in Flayer vs Shadow, but the fight itself was quite close.

Hopefully I can try out some RvR soon with this setup, but I'm curious to see what others are doing and their results

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    I'm curious how my fellow wargs are traiting now that U10 has gone live. From early traiting ideas, to set ups that you're finding are working, I'm curious to see how others are tackling the crit def changes and the addition of the crit rating corruptions.

With some minor tweaking, I settled on the below to test out for a few days:

Health for Power (Rank 2)
    Damage for Power (Rank 2)
    Critical Rating Boost 1
    Critical Rating Boost 2
    Critical Rating Boost 3
    Critical Protection Boost 1

This has put me up to 21.3% crit rating, up to 23.5% if I get Frenzy up. My crit defence then sits at 23.3%, a little lower than I'd really like, but so far it seems to be okay.

Just had a couple fights with it and while fighting a small group of freeps (with a small group of creeps around), it seemed to go pretty well. Certainly helped in whittling the minstrel in the group down. Second fight was an impromptu 1v1 with a champ that was extremely close, but I could see the crits making a noticable difference. Probably would have worked in my favor in the end in Flayer vs Shadow, but the fight itself was quite close.

Hopefully I can try out some RvR soon with this setup, but I'm curious to see what others are doing and their results
    After lots of boring testing against dummies and freeps using combatanalysis I now run with a melee glass cannon build. After being killed with just a few hits where there was 7k hits from rk's and 5k hits from champs when I was in flayer with 2 crit defence boost I kinda gave up building for survivability and go all out hit and run.
    I used to love the flayer fights against good champs so I ran around with a balanced build for shadow/flayer stance but their dps had a massive boost after the update and they will only hit harder when they starts to get more gear. Guardians are still easy to beat in flayer(so far) but can't find many solo guardians around.
    I used to run mostly in shadow stance but now I run in shadow stance close to 100% of the time. The best build for hit and run kills I found was this:

HfP2
    DfP2
    mastery boost
    crit boost
    crit boost
    crit boost.

This build let you kill hunters and other squishies in no time which is one way of survivability and you still have some morale pool. Ofc you will feel a bit squishy when fighting heavies but you will easily out dps cappies(theose I fought so far). Champs hit hard and I'll stay away from the good ones when I'm solo.
    If you have a couple warg brothers with you with the same build its pure win. A full warg pack even better. Even mini's who are called out to be so godmode after u10 are going down very fast.
    Ofc maybe all this will change soon as all freep classes will get higher and higher crit defence and morale pool(and dps).

My advice is still to build around your play style and how you want to play. Maybe some would say it's best to still have some crit defence boosts.
    Also it's a bit early to draw any conclutions yet as freeps are still building up their toons.
    Last edited by grapez; Mar 18 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks for the input!

I've actually swapped out to a build almost identical to yours, except instead of the H4P2, I gave that up for another mastery. I am a total and complete glass cannon, but I find I can output much more dps and usually burn things down. Slow server action and near-constant roaming zergballs make it hard to find a truly "effective" test for this build in solo play, but for the most part it seems to work out. I die a bit more, but I usually can get the kill in before I get focused. Not ideal, but a couple of us wargs have seemed to settle on this being what's going to have to be run in order to even come close to getting the freeps down.

Seems like it would be very effective in a raid setting, especially with heal backing to keep one going, but I, personally, I have not had the opportunity to see how this build does in the raid vs. raid situation.

This thread is very quiet which I find very strange even tho it's a bit early in the update and freeps are still building up their toons, unfortunatly for us..
    It's an important thread and I would love to see what other wargs trait to "survive" trough U10.
    Need more input!
    Last edited by grapez; Mar 16 2013 at 09:55 PM.

The main build I have been trying out is a 'gorilla glass' cannon build. By that I mean that I trait for a high dps output, but use the Enhanced Flayer stance to offer some protection.

Corruptions:

Critical Rating Boost 1
    Critical Rating Boost 2
    Critical Rating Boost 3
    Damage for Power Rank 2
    Mastery 1
    Master 2

The idea here is to give myself a good base of damage to work from, hence the two Mastery corruptions and the Damage for Power Rank 2 corruption (which gives slightly more damage than a Mastery corruption).

Working from that base I then use the three Critical Rating Boost corruptions to increase my critical hit chance, but also to increase my damage output through increasing my critical multiplier.

Now I could go with Shadow stance and obviously add even more damage to the mix, but I thought I would try using Flayer instead to offset some of the squishyness the warg experiences, especially with this setup. Enhanced Flayer may not provide any increase in morale, but it does provide increased mitigations, increased armour, the small bubble and of course the self heal.

Coupling these two elements together I have found that I can burn targets down reasonably quickly whilst affording myself the ability to hang in a fire-fight a little longer than I would be able to normally.

Is it perfect? No. You do loose dps by not using Shadow stance and using Element of Surprise is of course pointless with such a setup. You also lack proper staying power without extra morale, etc. Even so I have found it to be a fairly potent combination that can work well against most classes.
    [URL="http://theartofwarg.com/"]@theartofwarg[/URL]

has anyone been able to come up with a viable Flayer solo build? I used to run a full dps (masteries/dfp 1/2) with one hfp2 before U10, but now, been experimenting, and nothing has really worked as yet.
    "Invader's blood marches through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"-Zim
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320601000009fb9e/signature.png]Felasbane[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by tgk8074 View Post
    has anyone been able to come up with a viable Flayer solo build? I used to run a full dps (masteries/dfp 1/2) with one hfp2 before U10, but now, been experimenting, and nothing has really worked as yet.
    Only useful place I found for flayer stance was in spars really. If theres a lot of 1vs1 fighting in your server then ofc go for it.
    I had some successful fights against some champs where I traited 3 crit protections, HfP2, HfD2 and DfP2. I kited a lot while they were bleeding. I think it would be even better to swap DfP2 into HfP1 to get even more morale which means more self heal. The tactic will be a lot of kiting and draw out the time to your advantage while stacking bleeds and debuffs and keep them up. You know the drill.
    Against the very good champs I was helpless tho. Especially if they pop a cd or two.

Against hunters it's very useful since they will run out of focus when you still have lots of morale left and you will see them start to melee attack you if you have fleas and savage fangs on them to also prevent them using induction shots as well.
    Good rk's zapped me to death. Simple as that.
    It was kinda useful against average burglars but if they pop TnG..
    Haven't tried out flayer much against other classes. I haven't tried out flayer much at all after the update since I gave it up so early, except in spars.

I never tried the all out dps corruptions while in flayer stance but maybe I'll give it a try to see how it works out for me. It sounds interesting, especially for solo play.
    Last edited by grapez; Mar 19 2013 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grapez View Post
    Only useful place I found for flayer stance was in spars really. If theres a lot of 1vs1 fighting in your server then ofc go for it.
    I had some successful fights against some champs where I traited 3 crit protections, HfP2, HfD2 and DfP2. I kited a lot while they were bleeding. I think it would be even better to swap DfP2 into HfP1 to get even more morale which means more self heal. The tactic will be a lot of kiting and draw out the time to your advantage while stacking bleeds and debuffs and keep them up. You know the drill.
    Against the very good champs I was helpless tho. Especially if they pop a cd or two.

Against hunters it's very useful since they will run out of focus when you still have lots of morale left and you will see them start to melee attack you if you have fleas and savage fangs on them to also prevent them using induction shots as well.
    Good rk's zapped me to death. Simple as that.
    It was kinda useful against average burglars but if they pop TnG..
    Haven't tried out flayer much against other classes. I haven't tried out flayer much at all after the update since I gave it up so early, except in spars.

I never tried the all out dps corruptions while in flayer stance but maybe I'll give it a try to see how it works out for me. It sounds interesting, especially for solo play.
    Doubt you'll get anywhere letting a geared champ bleed, 60% tact mits, and the ring that heals 303 every 3 seconds for 15 seconds...Champs can increase that heal with Bracing Attack inc heal iirc and along with bracing attack heal comes with 200-400 tick heals every 3 seconds for 21 seconds. The bleeds are all doing <100 each so you're not getting much of anywhere but letting the champ build fervour and allowing bracing attack to get off CD. 1k+ heal instantly and 1k+ HoT, then another 1k HoT from the ring (1515+ in 15 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye64 View Post
    Doubt you'll get anywhere letting a geared champ bleed, 60% tact mits, and the ring that heals 303 every 3 seconds for 15 seconds...Champs can increase that heal with Bracing Attack inc heal iirc and along with bracing attack heal comes with 200-400 tick heals every 3 seconds for 21 seconds. The bleeds are all doing <100 each so you're not getting much of anywhere but letting the champ build fervour and allowing bracing attack to get off CD. 1k+ heal instantly and 1k+ HoT, then another 1k HoT from the ring (1515+ in 15 seconds)
    I still happend to out dps their heal in the end strongly backed up using piercing claw every 20s and some stuns ofc with SS+eye rake and swipe from behind. Yes it takes a long time. A champ at the tactical mitigation cap? They might excist ofc but I think most champs realize they are a dps class.
    Last edited by grapez; Mar 19 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Warg Corruption Setups

When i trait dps on my warg i go HFP2 DFP2 and the rest crit boosts. When i go out traited flayer i put on DFH1 & 2 HFP1 & 2 and two crit protections. Hey sersi i want to spar you on my champ so if you are on send a tell to Arthuris, or if you see Mukzam on the creepside, send him a tell and i will hop sides.

Quote Originally Posted by grapez View Post
    I still happend to out dps their heal in the end strongly backed up using piercing claw every 20s and some stuns ofc with SS+eye rake and swipe from behind. Yes it takes a long time. A champ at the tactical mitigation cap? They might excist ofc but I think most champs realize they are a dps class.
    A good champ can get themselves to at least 50% tact mit and still keep a reasonable amount of DPS/damage output, but it all depends on how they build. The glass cannons can be a pain damage-wise, but if you get the upper paw to start with, they can generally melt pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmobster View Post
    Hey sersi i want to spar you on my champ so if you are on send a tell to Arthuris, or if you see Mukzam on the creepside, send him a tell and i will hop sides.
    I'm really not a 1v1 person, but it's better than the action Ark has had lately :/ I'll be around most of this weekend if you want to set something up; so send me a PM on the site here, I check it fairly regularly, and we can work out details or whatever.

I think the lack of responses here is indicative of the lack of options wargs have. For example, I traited very similar to the DPS traiting listed here and fought a captain that I had never lost 1v1 to today. I lost easily. I retraited for survivability with the same results. The problem lies in the imbalance between being forced to trait for protection or DPS. There is no balance and what used to be OP for me is now completely dead. Also, I am embarrassed to say I lost to a hunter 1v1. Granted the freeps had 3 ops, but still . . . I never thought I would see the day. I'm resolved to the fact that at the moment the solo warg is in a sorry state.

On a side note, I understand the qq about the Mord brands. However, those of us that used them offensively to run into groups of 10 freeps and at least trade kills are completely out of luck now. Not many options left for us solo wargs these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bonesmccoy View Post
    Blahblahblah
    Scoob! 8D

Quote Originally Posted by CirdalvalSilnuviel View Post
    Scoob! 8D
    Shap!! 8D

I think the lack of responses here is indicative of the lack of options wargs have.
    Well, there are several things to consider:

1. 6 corruption slots do not allow for much variability.

2. High tactical devs happening in a fairly high frequency make tank-like builds rather pointless.

3. Most of the FOTM wargs switched back to freepside or defiler/weaver.

This leads to less warg players and less forum feedback.

I run momentarily with following corruptions:

• HfP2
    • DfP2
    • 3x crit rating
    • 1x mastery

You can push your burst dps. But also get hit by 3k+ (EoS) - 7k+ (EC) quite often.

I have 16.1k morale at r9 (Saw a Mini yesterday with 16k morale too.) and run in shadow 99.5% of all time.

Additionally, I had a short talk with another warg. He told me that flayer combined with traiting phys mits helps fighting champs. I maybe gonna test this.

I'm currently playing a warg, heavily store-bought, hit R5 last night, still don't have Flayer so I'm 100% Shadow (and hell, I love it so much I might stick with it). I mainly solo and do 1v1's, with some small groups thrown in if friends are on.

As such, seeing as Shadow wargs still have some of the best burst DPS on creepside but are squishy no matter the trait loadout, I've decided to hell with survivability. My setup atm is DforP 2 and 5 Crit Rating corruptions. I was hitting fairly hard even at R4, so I'm salivating at the prospect of what rank bfp's could do.

Imo Masteries are a waste of space atm, Crit Rating seems to be the way to go. Claws+Rend spam ftw lol.

Shap!! 8D
    ./Wave

So you went to Menel, too, huh?

I've found Flayer to be fairly effective against most classes in a 1v1 situation. I hadn't really tried it much post U10, I may forgo Shadow for a bit and see how Flayer works. Only problem I usually find is, on my server at least, our poor Flayer wargs seem to get focused first... But it is worth a shot, I think.

And thanks all for the continuing input!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWarg View Post
    The main build I have been trying out is a 'gorilla glass' cannon build. By that I mean that I trait for a high dps output, but use the Enhanced Flayer stance to offer some protection.

Corruptions:

Critical Rating Boost 1
    Critical Rating Boost 2
    Critical Rating Boost 3
    Damage for Power Rank 2
    Mastery 1
    Master 2

The idea here is to give myself a good base of damage to work from, hence the two Mastery corruptions and the Damage for Power Rank 2 corruption (which gives slightly more damage than a Mastery corruption).

Working from that base I then use the three Critical Rating Boost corruptions to increase my critical hit chance, but also to increase my damage output through increasing my critical multiplier.

Now I could go with Shadow stance and obviously add even more damage to the mix, but I thought I would try using Flayer instead to offset some of the squishyness the warg experiences, especially with this setup. Enhanced Flayer may not provide any increase in morale, but it does provide increased mitigations, increased armour, the small bubble and of course the self heal.

Coupling these two elements together I have found that I can burn targets down reasonably quickly whilst affording myself the ability to hang in a fire-fight a little longer than I would be able to normally.

Is it perfect? No. You do loose dps by not using Shadow stance and using Element of Surprise is of course pointless with such a setup. You also lack proper staying power without extra morale, etc. Even so I have found it to be a fairly potent combination that can work well against most classes.
    I, too, have spent over a week reworking corruptions trying to figure out the right combination for my play style. I actually was beginning to lose hope for us wargs. I am not one to hit and run, I stay in a fight til the end. It was becoming quite disturbing when I couldn't even take down a hunter in his small group. I never used to go for the hunters-I mostly left them for the new creeps to take down. Challenge for me was to always stay on the healers, and pester away the burgs on our defilers. But recently I couldn't stay in the fight long enough to even enjoy playing. So yesterday I was determined to *fix* it the right way and to stop fiddling around with traits. I stumbled upon this and I cannot thank you enough for posting. These seem to be working so far for me. Rarely ever used flayer unless I was number 1 target in a raid and traited pure survival. Always was in shadow. I have yet to test these in 1v1 situations but for awhile (as I have died ENOUGH recently), I will test my patience and play the warg differently, probably the way Turbine intended. I will become that sneaky, dirty rat all freeps love to hate!

I think I'm relatively new to the Warg (Rank 6), still testing builds, but atm I'm running:
    HfP II
    HfD II
    Critical Rating Boost I & II
    Mastery Boost I
    DfP II
    Sounds odd, maybe. HfP for obvious reasons. HfD because it's -2,5% damage (almost nothing), and a +10% Morale. I solo in Shadow, so want to maintain a decent morale pool. Currently at 18k with R6 BFP. 2x Crit because it puts me at almost 9k, which is around 19% with a multiplier of 27% (on and around). So with the Element of Surprise, BC/SM are nearly always a crit. On a squishy RK, BC crits for 1,2-1,5k. Mastery Boost because it's around 4% increased damage, and DfP II because it's more than Mastery Boost. As said, still testing. Could anyone post another Shadow build for soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Could anyone post another Shadow build for soloing?
    Morale pools imo mean nothing this update, when freep skills crit for so much. As I said in my previous post, my build is full glass cannon:

DforP 2
    Crit Rating x 5

That makes for 24.4% crit chance (10% dev) with a multiplier of 35.2%. With OP's at 3:1 red (imo the best OP distribution atm for one-on-one balance-ish), my Physical Mastery is at 104.0% in Shadow. The DPS I get even at R5 is so incredible, I can't wait to see what hitting R8+ will do.

P.S.: I don't hit and run (at least, with 10 Audacity, I just can't lol), I always stay in fights to the end. If I HiPS, 90% of the time it's to re-Pounce and get extra DPS.

Morale pools imo mean nothing this update, when freep skills crit for so much. As I said in my previous post, my build is full glass cannon:

DforP 2
    Crit Rating x 5

That makes for 24.4% crit chance (10% dev) with a multiplier of 35.2%. With OP's at 3:1 red (imo the best OP distribution atm for one-on-one balance-ish), my Physical Mastery is at 104.0% in Shadow.
    Your morale in this build? And mits?

The DPS I get even at R5 is so incredible, I can't wait to see what hitting R8+ will do.
    Same ^^ Right now, light armours are quite easy (unless healing), except LMs. Still find all heavies quite tough. Tried a Warden today in 1v1, and it was quite easy, actually. Play a Warden as my main, so expected more of it. Anyway, it's fun

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Your morale in this build? And mits?
    My morale is 13,856 at R5. Physical mits are at 10.1k , tactical at 4.4k.

Same ^^ Right now, light armours are quite easy (unless healing), except LMs. Still find all heavies quite tough. Tried a Warden today in 1v1, and it was quite easy, actually. Play a Warden as my main, so expected more of it. Anyway, it's fun
    Amen. I can get any non-healing players down a ton, although any form of CC/huge crits absolutely wreck me, but I think Audacity and rank will solve most of that.

My morale is 13,856 at R5. Physical mits are at 10.1k , tactical at 4.4k.
    That indeed does sound like a glass canon build. I don't think it fits my playstyle, but I'll try it with 2 Crit swapped for HfD II and HfP II.

Amen. I can get any non-healing players down a ton, although any form of CC/huge crits absolutely wreck me, but I think Audacity and rank will solve most of that.
    Exactly. LMs/burgs are a pain in Shadow. RKs can be if you let them kite you. Speaking of huge crits: 7,6k HS today. That's more than half of your morale. 2/5 of mine. Sad?

I've been testing out all sorts of corruption set ups on my warg and I've come to a few conclusions. Though the crit corruptions with shadow produce some really good dps it can be tough going soloing with that build. It invariably becomes a dps race and any sort of CC destroys me. Warg packs with that build have been very successful though. Solo-wise...i've had absolutely no success with a balanced build so far. I don't do enough dps balance build wise to drop freeps fast enough and my survivability is still not good enough. That's my experience at least. As for flayer...I've actually had pretty good success in flayer going all out survivability with all 4 morale corruptions and 2x crit prots. Your dps is kind of in the dirt, but you maximize your flayer heals and in most cases you can kite freep classes with pretty good success.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo07 View Post
    Thoughts?
    Well for soloing, I think the following is pretty balanced:
    - HfP I & II
    - HfD II
    - DfP II
    - Critical Rating Boost I & II
    +25% morale, +5% damage, +3434 Critical Rating. Critical Defence is not worth it, for me. It will make 1400 crits 1350 and 6600 to 6350 or something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast