We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mac issue with downloading

I went to download the game and hit the mac version. It downloaded lotrohigh.dmg and after i opened it it told me to move LOTRO-Live-multilang.app to the desktop. After that i open it from the desktop and then it asks for my password. After that i click ok and it just disappears and nothing happens. Nothing pops up and nothing starts to download. I have no idea if theres a bug or if im doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfang1537 View Post
    I went to download the game and hit the mac version. It downloaded lotrohigh.dmg and after i opened it it told me to move LOTRO-Live-multilang.app to the desktop. After that i open it from the desktop and then it asks for my password. After that i click ok and it just disappears and nothing happens. Nothing pops up and nothing starts to download. I have no idea if theres a bug or if im doing something wrong.
    Sigh, this is a "known bug" -- The PANDO dowloader from lotro.com DOES NOT WORK ... if you installed Apple's security update which disables Java!

The PANDO downloader requires a Java version PRIOR to Java 1.7!

In January, in response to the Homeland Security memo on the subject, Apple disabled Java on OSX.
    If you want Java re-installed, you needed to install Java 1.7 directly from Oracle.
    So far so good.
    The problem is that Java 1.7 is a 64-bit ONLY product. The PANDO dowloader is a 32-bit ONLY product -- and "never the twain shall meet!"

Until PANDO addresses this issue, the "solution" to dowloading LOTRO for the Mac is to use STEAM.
    Besides the Java issue, the STEAM download is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the PMB download (by more than 20 hours in my experiments -- using a 20GB FIOS connection!)

See : http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_Client for more information.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (94)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)