We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looks like it's time to stack Fate again

Looks like it's time to stack Fate again.

Today's patch notes state; "Fate has undergone a rather large revamp and should now provide much more noticeable effects on ICPR and OCPR as players stat into it."

I always resisted the old "Fate does nothing" viewpoint until running the numbers forced me to look too raw ICPR like most everyone else. I resisted the viewpoint because if fate worked like it should have then Minis after RKs were the most likely class to benefit. Just for starters I'm thinking that all those classic armor sets that I passed over while leveling because they were too fate-centric could now be looking pretty appealing for leveling toons.

Thoughts?

I've got a L51 Mini with 402-ish Fate. ICPR is 2857. OCPR is 9768. Total power is at 3767. I don't go below 3.4k power during 3-mans.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001e8838/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm unconvinced, I have 440 fate and my power didn't move let alone run out.

Yes the extra crit is nice, but we don't benefit from the crit magnitude scaling.

The difference is we now need SOME fate, but I don't think its sensible to really stack
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Yup like everyone else, the Fate I already have is more than enough. I don't run out of power anymore. It's so powerful that there is no need to actively stack it.

450ish fate and you never, NEVER, will run out of power (unless drained, severe fate debuff for a long time... but that can be overcome with a simple pot)

yup, 400+ fate will keep you out of powerproblems.

which is convenient for us minstrel since we hardly have to adapt our build unlike some other classes.

I don't understand... I wasn't running out of power before :/

But I had the same reaction to the minstrel overhaul. I was already ballading (and NOT spamming BC), so the "changes" were annoying to me.

I also don't understand the need to "normalize" power when vitality is left alone.

As for numbers, I also didn't seen any changes. I lost 250 morale and 2k power.

My fate was 350 and my crit was 15% before U10. After U10, my fate is 350 and my crit is 15%. The only noticable change I can find is the ICPR boost from fate, which was nice, but would rather just have things left alone. Much bigger fish to fry than monkeying with needless class changes.

Quote Originally Posted by 00CloughRN View Post
    I'm unconvinced, I have 440 fate and my power didn't move let alone run out.

Yes the extra crit is nice, but we don't benefit from the crit magnitude scaling.

The difference is we now need SOME fate, but I don't think its sensible to really stack
    Right, I don't think we need more than 450ish fate, but we do benefit from crit magnitude. Our heals can certainly crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
    Yup like everyone else, the Fate I already have is more than enough. I don't run out of power anymore. It's so powerful that there is no need to actively stack it.
    ^ Yep, this does seem to be the case.

I had been having power problems around the time I was leveling through Moria. I used coda-ing out of Anthem of Composure to fix it and have had this in my rotation ever since. Now at least I can swap a more generally useful anthem into the three I seem to be able to keep going and and use Coda more stategically. For me this in itself is a decent improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Batf1nk View Post
    Right, I don't think we need more than 450ish fate, but we do benefit from crit magnitude. Our heals can certainly crit.
    They crit yes, but don't get extra magnitude, see dev diary:

"Will my Critical Rating magnitude bonus be applied to my Healing/Damage Effects?

Not at this time. Currently, Critical Rating is only applied to the skill and skill damage, not to associated effects. It’s something we are actively looking into, but we felt this could have a serious impact on heal potency and want more time for analysis."
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

low level perspective

im new to lotro and have 2 low level war-speech focused minstrels. Their Will/Fate are almost equal at the cost to vitality. Prior to the change, if I went on a killing spree I would be OOP after 3 or 4 kills. Last night, I checked out the new changes and my power never dipped below 80% during my killing sprees. Of course i'm happy about the new changes, but think the devs will probably end up fine tuning this.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that my rotation is: minor, perfect, minor, cry, coda.
    Last edited by riny2; Mar 07 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00CloughRN View Post
    They crit yes, but don't get extra magnitude, see dev diary:

"Will my Critical Rating magnitude bonus be applied to my Healing/Damage Effects?

Not at this time. Currently, Critical Rating is only applied to the skill and skill damage, not to associated effects. It’s something we are actively looking into, but we felt this could have a serious impact on heal potency and want more time for analysis."
    Bah, must have overlooked that part. That's unfortunate. And I can't seem to find pieces that have a decent amount of morale/tact Mastery/Will. Everything seems to have fate and crit :/

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Bah, must have overlooked that part. That's unfortunate. And I can't seem to find pieces that have a decent amount of morale/tact Mastery/Will. Everything seems to have fate and crit :/
    I'm sorry but I don't understand this? If I'm understanding this correctly, it means that our chance to critical increases but the magnitude of the critical doesn't ? Is this referencing heals and our damaging both?
    [img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b275/Vilyatur/Thandsig_zps07ou1zsd.jpg[/img]