We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Turbine, Devs and Hunters

Seems like the devs don't like the hunters, so what they do? they make it useless, the hunter was 1 of the better class, until the devs decide make it worst than trash, turbine why you don't delete the class for once time at all since you each time you make a update you remove something good from the hunter. I don't know who is in charge of development of the hunter class, but please remove it, seems like don't know what is doing. I really want use the "Turbine, powered by our fans.". But that is only a dream.

Er, what's wrong with the hunter now?

Changes to Hunter

Hunter:

Reduced the power restore of Press Onward
    Reduced the power restore of Strength of Earth slightly
    Reduced the power return on Bow of the Righteous

The following Hunter skills have been adjusted in Mounted Combat:

Rohirrim Discipline will now provide a bonus to evade chance rather than incoming healing.
    Flay Open will now restore power to players, rather than morale (in Rohirrim).

The following Mounted Combat traits/legacies/relics have had their critical rating contribution reduced:

Insignia of Deadly Precision (Hunter): 10% to 5%

I agree. They are always removing stuff from hunters and never adding any benefits. It's getting ridiculous!

It could be worse.

Wardens are having to un-stack might and start getting agility now. Talk about a massive change. That to top off the gambit stance changes we got last year, makes Warden a completely different class than I originally started out with. Looks like I'll have to have more room in my bank to store extra gear.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000088a6/01001/signature.png]Bafanor[/charsig]

SILENCE!
    Kelsan is near!

QQ must not be uttered here! your presence disturbs the great one's work!

you obviously are oblivious to the fact that the Developer, Kelsan, is working on the Hunter class AT THIS VERY MOMENT!

your QQ does nothing now! the time for QQ is over! we must tread lightly now and try as hard as we can to get the best out of the situation!

now SHOO! SCAT! BEGONE QQ'er!!! at this moment we have no need of QQ!
    Last edited by Lendas; Mar 06 2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    SILENCE [
    Kelsan is near!

you obviously are oblivious to the fact that the Developer, Kelsan, is working on the Hunter class AT THIS VERY MOMENT!

your QQ does nothing now! the time for QQ is over! we must tread lightly now and try as hard as we can to get the best out of the situation!

Bravo, Lendas!

Even though I am not as emotionally invested in my hunter as some hunters obviously are, I am still looking forward to seeing what Kelsen comes up with.

Thumbs down Turbine Points and Lotro Store

Well i just get inside the game, and notice what i have 45 mithril coins and the lotro store is down, when i log out i have in my account more than 1000 turbine points. I'm waiting for the turbine store and see if all that turbine points was converted in that 45 mithril coins and if they do that i'm leaving this game what has converted in not in a pay to play or others like that, i prefer pay other game what this.

The coins came from other things like tomes that were taking up inventory space and those thingys that took you to quest-givers and let you use stables.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    The coins came from other things like tomes that were taking up inventory space and those thingys that took you to quest-givers and let you use stables.
    Got it thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmenning View Post
    Seems like the devs don't like the hunters, so what they do? they make it useless, the hunter was 1 of the better class, until the devs decide make it worst than trash, turbine why you don't delete the class for once time at all since you each time you make a update you remove something good from the hunter. I don't know who is in charge of development of the hunter class, but please remove it, seems like don't know what is doing.
    Deleting a class is basically telling everyone to quit.
    And you do not have the rights to say anything bout removing a dev from his work spot. If the dev doesn't know what he/she is doing then why does the nerf comes? There are always reasons.

Hunter:

Doesn't effect the hunter overall as a class after the power and ICPR change.

Rohirrim Discipline will now provide a bonus to evade chance rather than incoming healing.
    Flay Open will now restore power to players, rather than morale (in Rohirrim).

The following Mounted Combat traits/legacies/relics have had their critical rating contribution reduced:

Insignia of Deadly Precision (Hunter): 10% to 5%
    Was needed because hunters were in god-mode when on mounted combat. I mean, dismount with high chance and ridiculous recovery rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    SILENCE!
    Kelsan is near!

THANK YOU! Lendas. No more QQ'ers please, a dev answered to the hunters (kelsan) and said he is on the works with the class and understands the problem.
    Last edited by lioheart; Mar 06 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Indeed Kelsan is working on the class, but his changes won't see the light of the day anytime soon.
    In the meantime... U10 changes though.

I unslotted BotR
    And I am seriously considering abandoning my favourite playstyle, aka the blue line with faster rate of shooting arrows versus the bowmaster line, which I find boring; one arrow every other age.
    After have done Dale and Erebor T1 I sadly think that the red line is the only viable for endgame now.

Seems like the devs don't like the hunters...
    When I read the original post I felt the frustration; the passion of the argument; the desire for something better and I am grateful for it. +rep

For too long (and despite several updates of QQ) the hunter has been the most neglected, and shamefully so. There are a lot of hunters out and about, so for me it is no accident that a dev may be finally taking us seriously, especially since we have not been able to take them seriously for a very very long time ourselves. And the carrot on the stick gets a bit old after while. Maybe Turbine is starting to hurt where it counts...

I hope as ever that things for the hunter improve, but for this hunter it may be too late. I have already decided to allow my VIP to expire. The Moors was why I stayed with VIP, but they have been utterly ruined since RoR [imho], and the hunter more so since RoI when their uselessness became evident and they were pretty much no longer welcomed in groups.

I will stay and solo on in PvE...

Quote Originally Posted by Noridan View Post
    When I read the original post I felt the frustration; the passion of the argument; the desire for something better and I am grateful for it. +rep

For too long (and despite several updates of QQ) the hunter has been the most neglected, and shamefully so. There are a lot of hunters out and about, so for me it is no accident that a dev may be finally taking us seriously, especially since we have not been able to take them seriously for a very very long time ourselves. And the carrot on the stick gets a bit old after while. Maybe Turbine is starting to hurt where it counts...

I hope as ever that things for the hunter improve, but for this hunter it may be too late. I have already decided to allow my VIP to expire. The Moors was why I stayed with VIP, but they have been utterly ruined since RoR [imho], and the hunter more so since RoI when their uselessness became evident and they were pretty much no longer welcomed in groups.

I will stay and solo on in PvE...
    Totally agree, it is shamefull that the hunter has been continually nerfed and neglected, to now be the bottom of the barrell by a long way.
    Kelsan,s work better be good, and it can,t come a day too soon!!

Think we're getting nerfed? Not quite.

So they reduced our power restores from some skills, that's a non-issue. Have you looked at your ICPR? Have you done a raid yet? I just did 2 of the 3 new raids on my hunter and not once did I go below half power and that's without using PO for power restore or BotR. We have gained power and ICPR, the reduction in power restores is simple: it's not necessary.

So they reduced the amount of crit in agility. Many well geared hunters were already capped on crit. And others (myself included) were over capped because it was too easy to cap on crit. Now I need a cappy buff to cap crit and that's just fine. I found it problematic that I could overcap my crit and still have a lot of Phys Mastery. They made it so that you needed a previously under-used stat, and may I remind you that this stat also contributes to ICPR which ties into the aforementioned.

These are hardly nerfs. Learn to gear properly, and you'll be fine. My DPS has in fact *increased* because of the new Dev Magnitude. Something I'm sure many have overlooked.

I have played Hunter since closed beta and I for one love the increase in power pool. Farmed new 6 man for hours today and ran all 3 new raids and only once did I find my self low on power and that was from power drain from the boss. Sitting at over 5k power and 2k ICPR is so nice now. I for one was always over cap on crit before the update, this new change gives me more options to work with and in the long fights I think the new power set up going to help hunters out more.

Good, bad and ugly

Good: Power isn't an issue any more.
    Bad: I've lost a LOT of crit, particularly magnitude (see previous post). Attacks feel slower (could be server lag?) and the crit magnitude changes mean I don't hit as hard.
    Worst: My mits have gone through the floor, particularly tac mit - it used to be 40% and is now 33% and that's only through getting vit to near 1000.

I'm not giving up 5b/2r just yet - apart from anything else, I need it to move around in catapults in Battle for Erebor and handle eyes in NCF - but I'm starting to be tempted by 4r/3b.

Hunter:

I dont know anything about the MC changes and if they are significant or not however power is definitely not a problem whilst soloing. My power pool is currently larger than my morale pool for one, never going below 75% even during long multiple mob fights, I personally doubt even in boss fights its a problem but not got round to checking yet. I've switched out BotR since its entirely pointless now, will likely never need SotE if Fate stays as it is. PO also got swapped for cool burn post U10.

Power wise we are in a much better place than before, so I wouldn't worry about the above. at all. I don't have high Fate or anything or even attempting to stack ICPR. I will soon by swapping out my tome of the wind rider ASAP as it seems largely defunct now.

Calm about the power. Maybe try playing and see. (i suspect a troll)

Hunter:

1)Reduced the power restore of Press Onward
    2)Reduced the power restore of Strength of Earth slightly
    3)Reduced the power return on Bow of the Righteous

4)Rohirrim Discipline will now provide a bonus to evade chance rather than incoming healing.
    5)Flay Open will now restore power to players, rather than morale (in Rohirrim).

6)Insignia of Deadly Precision (Hunter): 10% to 5%
    1+2+3) you really need thoes skills/traits for powerrestore now? did thoes changed made you class unplayable? (it migth have made thoes skills useless, sure, but they would have been it even without thoes changes, cause of the fate change)

4) i myself like this change
    5) thats a problem why?
    6) that was a change on nearly all classes, and to be fair, you even do not need this item to crit xD

ok, so what was the problem now?
    one question to darkmenning: did you played your hunter after u10, and looked how thoes changes effected your class, or just read the notes and startet this post?
    Es grüßt General HauptmannMilithion - Held der Ettenöden

Sippenleiter von MNdK
    Technische Hilfe FAQ: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?402521-Technische-Hilfe-FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Milithion View Post

5) thats a problem why?

Replacing the best morale heal with a power boost, when power is never an issue isn't a problem? Sure it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Good: Power isn't an issue any more.
    Bad: I've lost a LOT of crit, particularly magnitude (see previous post). Attacks feel slower (could be server lag?) and the crit magnitude changes mean I don't hit as hard.
    Worst: My mits have gone through the floor, particularly tac mit - it used to be 40% and is now 33% and that's only through getting vit to near 1000.

I'm not giving up 5b/2r just yet - apart from anything else, I need it to move around in catapults in Battle for Erebor and handle eyes in NCF - but I'm starting to be tempted by 4r/3b.
    We do less damage and take more. I honestly think that they are simply trying to drive people to buy into premium classes by systematically dismantling the hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    Replacing the best morale heal with a power boost, when power is never an issue isn't a problem? Sure it's not.
    the heal of seeking arrow and noble arrow (on crit) is really enough. really where do you need a third healing skill? even if you are soloing bukot you do not need that much heal. and that on a medium horse.

if you need even more heal switch to a light horse, there you have enough healing.
    Last edited by Milithion; Mar 07 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Es grüßt General HauptmannMilithion - Held der Ettenöden

Sippenleiter von MNdK
    Technische Hilfe FAQ: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?402521-Technische-Hilfe-FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    If I am lacking Morale, I have ranged skills/alternatives mentioned by Milithion.
    If I lack Power, I can risk getting into melee. If I lack both, I am kinda dead anyway.
    But necessity of a melee - based heal (so: I lack Morale already) is kinda counter - intuitive against ie. Bugud.
    (Agile Rejoinder is not Mounted Combat )

Replacing Inc Healing (Rohirrim) is a good choice too, people complaining should check how much *exactly* it was giving us That particular bonus would had some sense for actual tanks and against difficult content. Neither class roles nor difficulty is offered by MC so far. Nerfing MC relics is as irrelevant as they all are in general.

Making Power regen skills even less valuable sucks. Not necessarily in terms of "my Hunter now sucks even more", more like "making meh skills even more meh".

1)Reduced the power restore of Press Onward
    2)Reduced the power restore of Strength of Earth slightly
    3)Reduced the power return on Bow of the Righteous

Never used these pre-U10. They could drop them as skills for all I care. I don't seem to have any power issues (solo mostly) post U10.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

tried one thing yesterday after update. simple thing kill kramp on horsie. tried things the same way ive done everytime i soloed him. im in blue and using nobles etc every time i can. died twice, the adds murder me now so im guessing my crit defence is killing me and the nerfs that came in to mounted. o it must be me i must change etc

exactly what benefit did i get out of this update? zero. they changed agi so my crit is down and power i never had a problem.

but i mustn't be negative because a dev might see it etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast