We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crit Rating Corruptions

So I went out and did some extreme slug-battling with and without these new corruptions slotted, 10 fights per test to get an average.

Without any slotted 23.56% of my heals were crits.
    With 3 slotted, 42.14% of my heals were crits.
    (each fight I'd auto-attack, then pop Fungal Spores and Fertile Slime, wait for them to fully tick over then end the fight)

Not too shabby I'd say, my testing probably wasn't extensive enough but how do you guys see these new corruptions? I'm looking more from the healing-side really, since as a defiler I have all the DPS of a paper-bag.

I noticed a problem tonight with fungal spores so your numbers might not be accurate.

If the initial "on application" heal crit, then all consecutive hot pulses crit as well. If the initial heal did not crit, then neither did any of the hots. I played around in grams for a while to see if it was consistent and it was.

All the other defiler heals worked fine, crits mixed in with non crits, just as it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by -Aris View Post
    I noticed a problem tonight with fungal spores so your numbers might not be accurate.

If the initial "on application" heal crit, then all consecutive hot pulses crit as well. If the initial heal did not crit, then neither did any of the hots. I played around in grams for a while to see if it was consistent and it was.

All the other defiler heals worked fine, crits mixed in with non crits, just as it should work.
    This is not a bug, it's actually in the patch notes:

Critical Effect Revision
    For effects delivered by skills: If the skill delivery is Critical or Devastating, then the applied effects will always crit; if the skill does not crit, then the applied effects will never crit.
    Note: This change applies to instant effects, and to the initial pulse of damage-over-time effects (DoTs) and healing-over-time effects (HoTs). Subsequent pulses of DoTs and HoTs will roll for critical effect just as before.
    SOURCE

Now, this doesn't seem to effect ALL initial pulse crits and it would be interesting to see which effects fell under the revision and which did not.

They may have missed some skills (for instance, do ALL crit RK hot initial ticks cause auto-crit on the pulses? It certainly only seems to work with fungal spores right now. It doesn't seem to work with tainted kiss on the DoT front). I would love further information as to which skills should and shouldn't have received this change.

Obviously, this makes crit a much better stat for defilers, I would argue it is better than mastery rating and that in a heavy healing build you should have more crit slotted than mastery... IF this works with more than just fungal spores.
    Last edited by Sezneg; Mar 06 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    This is not a bug, it's actually in the patch notes:

SOURCE

Now, this doesn't seem to effect ALL initial pulse crits and it would be interesting to see which effects fell under the revision and which did not.

They may have missed some skills (for instance, do ALL crit RK hot initial ticks cause auto-crit on the pulses? It certainly only seems to work with fungal spores right now. It doesn't seem to work with tainted kiss on the DoT front). I would love further information as to which skills should and shouldn't have received this change.

Obviously, this makes crit a much better stat for defilers, I would argue it is better than mastery rating and that in a heavy healing build you should have more crit slotted than mastery... IF this works with more than just fungal spores.
    Traited fungal spores crit chances function very differently from untraited fungal spores crit chances. Test it out. I feel like there is a bug somewhere in there.

It took some time for me to understand that as well, but you're wrong, it is a bug

There's 2 kinds of DoTs/HoTs, those with and those without initial effects

For example RK's Fiery Ridicule is a DoT with initial damage.
    It looks like this
    0s Initial Damage - 2s 1st DoT pulse - 4s 2nd DoT pulse

When the skill crits, the initial damage crits, when the skill does not crit, the initial damage does not crit. The DoT rolls for crit separately

Then there's DoTs without initial damage, like our Mystifying Flame
    It looks like this
    0s 1st DoT pulse - 3s 2nd DoT pulse - 6s 3rd DoT pulse

Before the patch the skill's initial damage rolled for a crit (but that was meaningless since there is no initial damage) and the 1st DoT pulse that happened at the same time rolled separately. That means there were situations where the skill critted, but the 1st pulse (that happened at 0s) did not crit, or vice versa, the skill did not crit but the 1st pulse did

That change basicly means that skills that have their 1st pulse at 0s instead of an initial damage get treated as if that 1st pulse were an initial damage

I hope that's clear

If you read the patch notes carefully, you will see it is a bug if the OP did indeed observe that.

Any DoT or HoT should have every subsequent pulse rolling for its chance to crit or devastate. All RK skills works this way. Both HoT and DoTs. The fact that the initial damage or heal crit/dev chance determines the rest might potentially lead to lower crits unless it is a fairly long battle.