We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 10 tomorrow....will stats on current gear change to reflect AGI/FATE updates?

Just completed my Hytbolt set, 3 Huntsman/3 Bowmaster. I will probably go 2/2/2 or 4/2 after the change, due to the set item bonus change to 2 and 4. I'm keeping track of my stats before and after the update.

Hopefully it won't be a chore to go find a bunch of Fate gear....

38 fate ea on the Hytbold feet and legs.

U10: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yUHQxT2c#gid=4
    U9: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xRkNYMmc#gid=5

Lunasa's spreadsheets.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Are there going to be any changes to other quest rewards and jewelry? Seems like we are going to be flush with agility, and very weak in Fate..... It almost seems like we should be stacking fate ahead of agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Machael View Post
    Are there going to be any changes to other quest rewards and jewelry? Seems like we are going to be flush with agility, and very weak in Fate
    I dunno what gear you're finding, but everything I have is a agi/fate combo, and I would love to replace some of that fate with vit.
    It almost seems like we should be stacking fate ahead of agility.
    Why would you think that? Agility is still your damage dealing stat, 400 fate will give you over 2000 ICPR by itself. There's no reason to stack fate over agility.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I'm just paranoid because I just finished the content quests to hit 85, got my Hytbolt gear and haven't run anything else.

I'm far from crit capped (don't even know what that number is). I tended to favor the agi/vit rewards, so I think I'm pretty good there. I'm very low on fate however.

Just worried that my DPS is going to drop due to the agi-crit change.

Quote Originally Posted by Machael View Post
    I'm just paranoid because I just finished the content quests to hit 85, got my Hytbolt gear and haven't run anything else.

I'm far from crit capped (don't even know what that number is). I tended to favor the agi/vit rewards, so I think I'm pretty good there. I'm very low on fate however.

Just worried that my DPS is going to drop due to the agi-crit change.
    13400 is close enough to the exact crit cap rating, if you were curious.

Your DPS will probably drop a little due to the loss of... eh, 1200 crit at most, if you only upgraded armour and not jewelry? Even that's probably high. The best way to get crit is via raw crit though. Neither agi nor fate are the most efficient way to obtain crit, either before or after. (Also, don't forget that in a group situation you can almost always count on a captain's crit buff, which is an extra ~1800 all on its own.)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Thanks for that crit cap number! I'm at 7358 now, so the loss of 1200 would hurt. You can hit my signature to see where I'm at...

Just started working on jewelry, and my weapons are 3rd age placeholders with minimal relics until I can get 2nd agers. I guess I could upgrade the relics, and pull them off with a scroll later....

I probably won't notice much of a change, but we'll see

Yah ive been trading out agi for hard crit rating where i can. My agi is just over 2k but my crit rating is at 11k. we will see how things shake out with new update

I've been going for Agility, Crit and Fate. I keep an eye out for Physical Mastery too. I also trait with crits in mind.

The results are great. I crit more often than not.

After U10 and till I can get the Erebor sets, I'll be running with:

(Remember: I have Critical Rating in mind)

Head -- Far-Arrow
    Shoulders -- Far-Arrow
    Chest -- Hytbold Bowmaster
    Hands -- Ettemoors Predator
    Legs -- Far-Arrow
    Feet -- Hytbold Bowmaster

I don't care much for the set bonuses. The only two I like are the +5% crit from Hytbold Bowmaster and (maybe) the Hytbold Huntsman if I can squeeze 2 pieces to the mix without loosing (too much) crit rating.

(I may trade the Far-Arrow shoulders and the Predator gloves for the Hytbold Huntsman pieces, but I still have to see how that will affect Critical Rating.)

Totals 4483 Armour 760 Agility 190 Vitality 76 Fate 428 Morale 0 Power 4704 Finesse 1552 Crit 388 Physical Mastery 59,4 ICPR

With amour bonuses only, I got +1552 Crit. There's the +5% critical rating from the Hytbold Bowmaster. It's behind only the full Greater Erebor Bowmaster set.

With jewelry, cloak and armour that goes to +4104 crit, but there's room to go even higher. For crits, the Skilled Club of Éomer is a great side weapon. I haven't done and calculations on Physical Mastery yet.

I like the setup with crits in mind. DPS seems to be greater than if I equiped for set bonuses.

Just remember the huge contribution to crit rating you can get from relics. Some examples:

True Setting of the North - 616 crit
    Riddermark Setting of Endings - 646 crit
    "Basic" t9 gem - 598 crit (+27 if it's an agi gem, +68 if a fate)
    Eastemnet Rune of Power - 75 crit
    True Rune of the White Mountains - 35 crit
    Eastemnet Rune of Courage - 30 crit
    T9 crafted relic - 640 crit (+75 if you crafted a fate relic, or +30 if you crafted an agi)
    Agi damage scroll - 37 crit

Between your LI weapon and your bow, it's possible to get 4000 crit from your LIs quite easily.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

TY for the tips on relics Aedfrith. I'm not a shard farmer so I can't really refine the top tier relics. I could go with the L60 or 65 settings of endings. I made sure I didn't toss any epic quest gear, or good rewards, and none of them are worthy of swapping out the Hytbolt stuff. I guess I need to focus on upgrading my jewelry.

My crit dropped from 7358 to 5580, a loss of 1778 crit rating....it's definitely noticeable.