We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 10 Pt 2 coming out tomorrow (!)

Anyone else feels this is kind of rushed?
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Not really, Bullroarer seemed alright as far as I could see.

Yes and no. As the first responder suggested, if anything, they have been tweaking and twaddling it on Bullroarer for a little longer than the two weeks they normally use for final testing before release, so rushed == no. What does make it FEEL rushed, however, is the lack of notice - less than a day - before go-live. This seems to be a standard tactic whenever an update contains negative changes - I'm guessing the seals to medallions is the culprit this time - in order to prevent the equivalent of a 'run on the banks' amongst the player base in the last few days before any pre-announced update is released.

Anybody turning in Seals tonight is a chump. You'll get a better exchange rate by waiting. Not to mention that they had a Dev Diary announcing the seal->medallion exchange last week, which is plenty of time for a "bank run" if that were actually a rational thing for anybody to do in this case. Not to mention that the seal->medallion exchange has been known about from Bullroarer patch notes for much longer.

Like most conspiracy theories, that one falls apart on even the slightest inspection.

The truth is what Sapience said elsewhere in the forums: They approved the final build today and they had the ability to either launch it tomorrow or just sit on it until Monday. So they decided to launch tomorrow.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by wachkussen View Post
    Yes and no. As the first responder suggested, if anything, they have been tweaking and twaddling it on Bullroarer for a little longer than the two weeks they normally use for final testing before release, so rushed == no. What does make it FEEL rushed, however, is the lack of notice - less than a day - before go-live. This seems to be a standard tactic whenever an update contains negative changes - I'm guessing the seals to medallions is the culprit this time - in order to prevent the equivalent of a 'run on the banks' amongst the player base in the last few days before any pre-announced update is released.
    Eh, it's been known for a while that they were converting seals.

According to Sapience, they posted the info as soon as they got out of the meeting giving them approval to roll the build to Live. He also said they had the choice of either doing it tomorrow or Monday, and since it'd be the same build either way, they saw no reason to make us wait an extra 5 days (to include a weekend, and a weekend on many people's Spring Breaks to boot) to play the new stuff.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Anybody turning in Seals tonight is a chump. You'll get a better exchange rate by waiting. Not to mention that they had a Dev Diary announcing the seal->medallion exchange last week, which is plenty of time for a "bank run" if that were actually a rational thing for anybody to do in this case. Not to mention that the seal->medallion exchange has been known about from Bullroarer patch notes for much longer.

Like most conspiracy theories, that one falls apart on even the slightest inspection.

The truth is what Sapience said elsewhere in the forums: They approved the final build today and they had the ability to either launch it tomorrow or just sit on it until Monday. So they decided to launch tomorrow.
    Yeah, I don't buy the conspiracy theory either.

However, the Northmen Medallion -> Medallion exchange rate may be slightly unfavorable, assuming that one wanted to buy stat scrolls with the (Northmen) Medallions.

That being said, if anyone on E needs a stat scroll for an unfairly high price, I have about 20 of each that I'll probably never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    However, the Northmen Medallion -> Medallion exchange rate may be slightly unfavorable, assuming that one wanted to buy stat scrolls with the (Northmen) Medallions.
    I just logged on a little while ago and bought Might x20, Will x20, Agi x10, and Fate x18. I had a lot of North-men Medallions saved up.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Let's see, I sent kinmail almost two weeks ago with pertinent take care of prior to update info.

They provided all the developer diaries last week and typically do a week before release.

I set the MoTD last week reminding everyone to be ready for it. I was expecting a notice of downtime Monday honestly. If you noticed, no lotteries this week, typical of Sapience to hold off when the servers are going to be in upheaval.

Looking at it another way, they were shooting for February they said last year, and as we got closer they said beginning of March. Next week would be around the 12th, the middle of March.

With apologies to the professor, "A release is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when they mean for it to."

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm