We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where do I buy drums?

I'm a new minstrel (got several on diff servers), still in my lower levels. I've been looking on the auction house for lvl 20 or lvl 30 drums and don't see any. I guess those are too low for crafters to wanna make them. Are there NPCs that sell drums (other than the newbie one)?

I don't believe so, sorry. Try asking in a global channel, they're generally really easy to make.
    "I am gloating so, so very much right now. Everyone called me a fool to do every deed! People pointed and laughed! And now, I have a horse with a smock! HAHAHAHAHA" - Anamatronix

Quote Originally Posted by Enzdid View Post
    I don't believe so, sorry. Try asking in a global channel, they're generally really easy to make.
    Thanks for the reply. I actually tried the trade channel once I saw the dearth of drums on the AH. I was told that I would need the mats. Since I have no knowledge of the craft system and no interest, I went onto the AH to try and buy them. Those mats were crazy expensive (more than the price of lvl 70 drums). So looks like I either have to force myself into some crafting, or continue to check the AH and hope to get lucky. I've also thought of creating alts on other servers that have the drums on those AHs.

EDIT: Hmmm, that idea of creating alts on other servers was not a good idea. Took me about 45 mins to go thru that damn intro to finally get to Michael Delving. I had forgotten about the intros. And as a man, the road to Combe (and beyond) was blocked off by those pesky Blackwold gang.
    Last edited by riny2; Mar 05 2013 at 06:37 PM.

You could always pick up the Explorer profession on one or all of your toons - you can totally ignore the Tailor part if you want, but it will allow you to harvest any ore and wood you come across. You can then sell that on the AH and earn enough to buy whatever you want, or you can trade the mats you gather for crafted items.

Alternatively, you can join a friendly kinship where kinmates will often be happy to craft items for each other.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Smile

If you have a character on Imladris send in-game mail to Taurunion

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by riny2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I actually tried the trade channel once I saw the dearth of drums on the AH. I was told that I would need the mats. Since I have no knowledge of the craft system and no interest, I went onto the AH to try and buy them. Those mats were crazy expensive (more than the price of lvl 70 drums). So looks like I either have to force myself into some crafting, or continue to check the AH and hope to get lucky. I've also thought of creating alts on other servers that have the drums on those AHs.

EDIT: Hmmm, that idea of creating alts on other servers was not a good idea. Took me about 45 mins to go thru that damn intro to finally get to Michael Delving. I had forgotten about the intros. And as a man, the road to Combe (and beyond) was blocked off by those pesky Blackwold gang.
    BIG WARNING!!

You can in NO way send stuff between servers. Crafting-alts need to be on the same server as your main to be of any use.

If you don't like crafting, just go explorer. This way you can provide other players with wood, hides and ore to craft you stuff. If you can provide mats, there should never be a problem getting something crafted.

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

You need to be level 30 to use drums I think. http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Item:Crafted_Drum

If you are on Meneldor, send an ingame email to Carborundum.
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_R View Post
    Hi,

BIG WARNING!!

You can in NO way send stuff between servers. Crafting-alts need to be on the same server as your main to be of any use.

If you don't like crafting, just go explorer. This way you can provide other players with wood, hides and ore to craft you stuff. If you can provide mats, there should never be a problem getting something crafted.

Regards
    /T
    Thanks. I'm aware of the item xfer server restrictions. I was actually contemplating creating new minis on servers that had fruitful AHs. I'm still low level, so the reroll is minimal pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeb682 View Post
    You need to be level 30 to use drums I think. http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Item:Crafted_Drum

If you are on Meneldor, send an ingame email to Carborundum.
    Lowest crafted drum I've seen on the AH is lvl 20.

For all of you who have generously indicated a willingness to craft a drum for me, thank you. I currently do not have a mini on any of those servers, but will look you up if I do roll one on them. Best Regards...

EDIT: Here is a list of crafted drums:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mins...ms_.2820.2B.29

looks like it goes from: 20, 30, 40, 51, 70. And I've seen lvl 85s on AH (not sure if those are crafted though).
    Last edited by riny2; Mar 07 2013 at 03:24 AM.