We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Offhand DPS vs Stats for LM

Hello fellow Lore-masters!

I was wondering with our offhand which is most important DPS over Stats.
    I have what I consider a good offhand, it has high stats (I am leveling at lvl 68 now) good DPS but I now see that I can increase my DPS stat with roughly 10-15% but I will loose a lot of the stats 30 will, 30 Fate 20 vit etc

So how important is the DPS over the stats during leveling and when you are max level?

Thanks for taking the time to read it and would love an answer if you know.

//Nintech

Depends on ur play style. That dps which writes there only affects autoattacks and staff swipe. So if u think u r meleeing a lot then it could help by a bit. But a LM's real DPS comes from his skills which are based on tactical mastery and crit rating that comes from will and fate. So in the long run if u counted ur dps daily i think ud have more if u go for better stats than more offhand dps. Also the stat bonuses dont only contribute to dps but to morale resistances mitigations icpr etc etc, so u cant look down on those.

So my opinion is stay with better stats. But i am sure u can find something with more dps without nerfing ur stats at all(proly even increase them).

Have fun playing ur LM

Quote Originally Posted by Nintech View Post
    Hello fellow Lore-masters!

I was wondering with our offhand which is most important DPS over Stats.
    I have what I consider a good offhand, it has high stats (I am leveling at lvl 68 now) good DPS but I now see that I can increase my DPS stat with roughly 10-15% but I will loose a lot of the stats 30 will, 30 Fate 20 vit etc

So how important is the DPS over the stats during leveling and when you are max level?

Thanks for taking the time to read it and would love an answer if you know.

//Nintech
    Interesting. Never really thought it through. I'd want to see the two swords to be sure, but the stats are nearly always the better option. I am assuming that the DPS boost is just the sword, I cannot think of anything on a sword that would boost your total DPS that much. If thats the case you are getting a bump of 10-15% to under half of your total autoattack damage. Not really a huge amount.

At level cap, swords tend to be a way to get extra stats, that also do damage. I'd even go as far as saying I'd look at damage type before DPS -- two swords with similar stats: one does 100dps of common damage, the other 95dps of Westerness or Beleriand. I'd always go for the second one.