We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to get the game back into Steam?

So I was having the problem where it was stuck retrying. I took the advice of the help thread and renamed the .app file to have no "™" in the name, but now steam said it can't find the executable. After I clicked "Verify local files" it suddenly decided that it wanted to download the entire game again(!!!!!). Obviously I do not want to go through the hell I have had thus far where it has taken six hours to download and update, again, I would like to know if there is any way to get it back into Steam, or have I permanently detached it by renaming the .app in order to actually get the damned thing to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargenx View Post
    So I was having the problem where it was stuck retrying. I took the advice of the help thread and renamed the .app file to have no "™" in the name, but now steam said it can't find the executable. After I clicked "Verify local files" it suddenly decided that it wanted to download the entire game again(!!!!!). Obviously I do not want to go through the hell I have had thus far where it has taken six hours to download and update, again, I would like to know if there is any way to get it back into Steam, or have I permanently detached it by renaming the .app in order to actually get the damned thing to work?
    Simply change the name back.

The "tm" fix does not work for Steam and causes problems as you discovered.

/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Lord of the Rings Online/The Lord of the Rings Online™.app

and if you also changed the internal copy:

...(as above)/Contents/Resources/The Lord of the Rings Online™.app

One thing I just recently discovered -- if you have any kind of Virus scanner which scans web activity (such as "avast! free for Mac") you MUST disable the web scanning, or the Mac Client will never succeed in contacting the Patch server.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91