We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    389

    Moors armor combinations

    Wondering what armor set bonuses and combinations do you guys like, or find they work the best? Currently I have 2 pieces of the storm armor, and thinking about where to go from here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000002612a1/signature.png]Exethius[/charsig]
    -Exe of Silverlode
    Warden - Champion - Captain

  2. #2
    Depends on ur Server and on ur PvP style (spars or War). Tradition would be awesome if u r in good group and it would still give u the opportunity to not loose 100% ur dazes+ ''new'' skill(silence). Though Imo the 10% fire dmg and the recovery of gourd in lotrd crit is invaluable. spescially if u r dpsing(full red). The blue set is not ok imo coz LM heals are not that good in PvP as in PvE, so i wouldnt go near that one, at least as first set.

  3. #3
    Personally, I run 3 of the Storm-caller's set for the +10% fire damage bonus and actually 3 of the Restoration set for the HoT added to Beacon of Hope. This isn't the ideal solo setup, but if you run grouped a lot (for PvP and even PvE), I've found it's a really nice, balanced combo of pieces.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Think I mentioned this to you in-game already, but for support I'm planning on running 2 Restoration and either 2 Erebor Animal and 2 Hytbold Animal or 4 Hytbold Animal, depending on what bonuses they fix first (2 Erebor and 4 Hytbold are both currently broken, though Hytbold is broken in a good way).

    For PvP, 4 Storm-Caller and 2 Restoration is what I'll be running.

    For PvE DPS, I'm essentially going to be running 2 Storm-Caller and 4 of whatever the heck I feel like running at the time. I don't feel like any of the DPS sets really make that much of a difference, outside of the 10% fire damage bonus.

    Finally, I think I'm going to pick up 2 of the Erebor yellow, 2 of the Greater Erebor yellow, and 2 of the yellow Orthanc set, for 45s duration on Blinding Flash. Depends on how much the content will have mezzing involved, but other than OD I don't think there's much of that, so this setup is last priority.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Think I mentioned this to you in-game already, but for support I'm planning on running 2 Restoration and either 2 Erebor Animal and 2 Hytbold Animal or 4 Hytbold Animal, depending on what bonuses they fix first (2 Erebor and 4 Hytbold are both currently broken, though Hytbold is broken in a good way).

    For PvP, 4 Storm-Caller and 2 Restoration is what I'll be running.

    For PvE DPS, I'm essentially going to be running 2 Storm-Caller and 4 of whatever the heck I feel like running at the time. I don't feel like any of the DPS sets really make that much of a difference, outside of the 10% fire damage bonus.

    Finally, I think I'm going to pick up 2 of the Erebor yellow, 2 of the Greater Erebor yellow, and 2 of the yellow Orthanc set, for 45s duration on Blinding Flash. Depends on how much the content will have mezzing involved, but other than OD I don't think there's much of that, so this setup is last priority.
    Dude the 2-Erebor set bonuses are gonna be sick if they get fixed. And currently it's looking like the Erebor and Greater Erebor bonuses stack for Animal Friend as well as Ancient. So many good options for healing/support on the LM sets. Oh and I'm happy to report the Beacon HoT from 2-Restoration stacks with the proc'd Beacon HoT from 4-GreaterEreborAnimalFriend; lots of neat combos.

    Speaking of Ancient Erebor, you'll have to pair those two 2-sets with old RoI version of 2-Tradition to be able to get the 45 second mez, as the ToO Iordur set has +5s of blinding flash on the 4-set bonus in U10.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Mar 02 2013 at 04:07 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Speaking of Ancient Erebor, you'll have to pair those two 2-sets with old RoI version of 2-Tradition to be able to get the 45 second mez, as the ToO Iordur set has +5s of blinding flash on the 4-set bonus in U10.
    Hmm. Those pieces should only be ~2k comms each, right? Shouldn't be too much of a problem to obtain those.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Think I mentioned this to you in-game already, but for support I'm planning on running 2 Restoration and either 2 Erebor Animal and 2 Hytbold Animal or 4 Hytbold Animal, depending on what bonuses they fix first (2 Erebor and 4 Hytbold are both currently broken, though Hytbold is broken in a good way).

    For PvP, 4 Storm-Caller and 2 Restoration is what I'll be running.

    For PvE DPS, I'm essentially going to be running 2 Storm-Caller and 4 of whatever the heck I feel like running at the time. I don't feel like any of the DPS sets really make that much of a difference, outside of the 10% fire damage bonus.

    Finally, I think I'm going to pick up 2 of the Erebor yellow, 2 of the Greater Erebor yellow, and 2 of the yellow Orthanc set, for 45s duration on Blinding Flash. Depends on how much the content will have mezzing involved, but other than OD I don't think there's much of that, so this setup is last priority.

    Indeed I remember we talked about it. For now I'm running 4 storm caller and 2 animal friend; think I'll wait till after u10 before I get or change anything...

    Thanks for all the input everyone.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000002612a1/signature.png]Exethius[/charsig]
    -Exe of Silverlode
    Warden - Champion - Captain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Does anyone know how much morale the 5-set bonus (soon to be 4-set) of the Restoration set heals?
    (the 10% chance on-hit with WotC)
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Exebius View Post
    Indeed I remember we talked about it. For now I'm running 4 storm caller and 2 animal friend; think I'll wait till after u10 before I get or change anything...

    Thanks for all the input everyone.
    This ^^

    I will wait, for now 4 storm callers and 2 of the animal friend. The HoT from beacon of hope is minimal, and really my focus in the moors is not healing, I benefit more (and so does the group) from me staying alive.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r9 (active) Mini

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    This ^^

    I will wait, for now 4 storm callers and 2 of the animal friend. The HoT from beacon of hope is minimal, and really my focus in the moors is not healing, I benefit more (and so does the group) from me staying alive.
    Akthuri, would I be at a huge disadvantage to not be out there in full 6 pieces of aud gear? (As apposed to just four).
    I've stacked my morale over 11k; but once I get targeted by a couple heavy hitters its all over regardless. If I'm lucky I get bane flare off and can run away a bit lol... Not the tactic I like to use...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000002612a1/signature.png]Exethius[/charsig]
    -Exe of Silverlode
    Warden - Champion - Captain

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload