We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've been running around with the 0s cd RC for a while now.

I've got some mixed feelings about it, but for the moment I'll stick with it..

Call To Greatness and Song of Aid doesn't give you much more of a RC spam than it would with 6s cd, since those skills only give you defeat events every 5 seconds.

But there is places where the 0s cd is absolutely epic. Did Battle of the Deep-way skirm with a champ-heavy group, and my HPS was at 4-6k, on some groups up to 8k, no healers needed there.
    The first groups in SG is also a place where I'd recommend it, if you can just get the crits off and/or have a mini give you CtG, it helps alot in keeping the group alive until the corruptions are removed.

Haven't tried BfE T2 with reinforcements yet, but I believe that's another place where a 0s cd will be very useful.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

I think it's Fire (it's one of the Fornosts) but 0sec RC is hilarious on the boss with all the adds. I don't have time to do anything else but spam my RC button because things are just dying left and right.

Same thing with the first boss in Water wing, the last boss in Glinghant, pretty much anything that throws a lot of adds at you.

Haven't had a chance to run with my local waden yet but he tends to grab about half of the mobs on the way to a given boss before stopping, so that should be a fun time.

I don't have exact numbers, but in a fight with a significant amount of adds my HPS is always higher running 2/2/2 vs 4/2. Basically, if you're able to get the defeat responses more than every 6 seconds, 2/2/2 should be giving you more heals. (Which again, seems obvious, but figured I'd just restate it after I actually observed it.)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I think it's Fire (it's one of the Fornosts) but 0sec RC is hilarious on the boss with all the adds. I don't have time to do anything else but spam my RC button because things are just dying left and right.

Same thing with the first boss in Water wing, the last boss in Glinghant, pretty much anything that throws a lot of adds at you.

Haven't had a chance to run with my local waden yet but he tends to grab about half of the mobs on the way to a given boss before stopping, so that should be a fun time.

I don't have exact numbers, but in a fight with a significant amount of adds my HPS is always higher running 2/2/2 vs 4/2. Basically, if you're able to get the defeat responses more than every 6 seconds, 2/2/2 should be giving you more heals. (Which again, seems obvious, but figured I'd just restate it after I actually observed it.)
    You can also replace the 2 hyt healer with 2 gallant commander pieces and you'll always have valiant strikes up as well. It's overkill but pretty hilarious. In target rich environments it actually comes back fast enough to be included in my attack chain.

Song of Aid has 10s channel, so its likely useless on wipe-prone situations. Call to Greatness with its 5min in cooldown looks fantastic, until you discover that there a 2-trait set bonus in the http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_Protector_of_Song line that slices a further 60s from its cooldown.

Call to greatness is a wonderfull surviving tool now, if we can teach the minstrels to use it on us ( by far the best target when a wipe is coming). With a 6s RC available, i expect a nerf coming to Minstrels pretty soon.

Which 2 pieces of Perseverance do folks like? 2 pieces of a sub-optimal statted gear seems like a worthwhile tradeoff.

Can't see using any Helegrod pieces in actual play.

I personally went with boots and gloves I think. Whichever the two cheapest pieces were? Not positive though.

I know a captain who chose the chest and legs and I kinda liked their reasoning behind it. They do a lot of in-combat gear switching but Perseverance always remains equipped. Since the chest and legs are the only two pieces of gear that always display, he ends up with less lag from switching. (I don't know if he uses cosmetic appearances or how that would change the lag.)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I personally went with boots and gloves I think. Whichever the two cheapest pieces were? Not positive though.
    I go legs and chest. They are the two highest might pieces and both have crit as well. Pauldrons and helm are particularly weak in that they have power, and power was never a very good stat and is useless right now. Boots and gloves are decent and a good option if you want to save commendations. Some if it also depends on what you want to pair them with of course -- decision of which 2 pieces to take isn't in a vacuum. Hyboldt shoulders and boots are also power pieces, and hyboldt shoulders are particularly weak fot that set for example.

I'm still not sold on 0 second RC, btw, for most content. It is often vast overkill. I'm defaulting to 2 Perseverence/4 Hyboldt Healer these days, switching to 4 command when burning down a target faster is a priority. I have 6 pieces of helegrod in the vault, but don't feel like it is THAT often a big benefit. I'd also not be surprised if it is a bug to be fixed...

Sword Halls, Goblin Town, Flight to the Lonely Mountain, Webs of Scuttedales, Bells of Dale are the ones that come to mind in the first minute of thinking about it. I use it there and it is good with setting your character right and the group helping you benefit from it.

Make the two pieces that are not Helegrod and Perseverance have finesse (helm, shoulders, gloves).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I recently changed my captain's focus to more of a healing style (mini kinmates were mastering warspeech healing so i thought i would change things up).

I use the 4 OD/2 ToO set up for +20% Valiant Strike healing and Defeat response then switch to 4Hybold/2Pers (moors healing) for 6s Rallying Cry and the -7s off Valiant Strike cool down. With this duel combo ive been main healing pretty much any of the 3mans, and alot of the 6mans (even a duel healed Lost Temple with a warspeech mini and finished the 10min fight at 2.3k hps). Rough numbers my VS ticks are about 290-300 non-crits, and my Rallying Cry crits for 4k and there are still some gaps in my cappy's gear I'm working on.

and for fights where Defeat responses are far and few between, 4 ToO/2Hybold (WoC +650ish incoming healing buff stacking 3 times /+5% healing) works pretty good to keep tanks alive until a defeat response or VS off cooldown. actually stopped using ToN cause ive not had the need.

Wouldnt it be better to use 2 pieces of the level 75 perseverance set, too, instead of Helegrod? Or would the bonuses from 85 and 75 sets not stack together. I mean aside from the fact that everyone has 32850389304853 marks and medallions and commendations (sometimes) may take a while to get.. though the 75 pieces are cheaper, too.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000265a00/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fazlee View Post
    Wouldnt it be better to use 2 pieces of the level 75 perseverance set, too, instead of Helegrod? Or would the bonuses from 85 and 75 sets not stack together. I mean aside from the fact that everyone has 32850389304853 marks and medallions and commendations (sometimes) may take a while to get.. though the 75 pieces are cheaper, too.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    They didn't stack before U10 (some tried 3 lvl 85 and 3 lvl 75 pieces) but I didn't try after U10 as I expect this issue is unchanged. I could be wrong though, but I'm too sick of PvMP to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascephor View Post

Call to greatness is a wonderfull surviving tool now, if we can teach the minstrels to use it on us ( by far the best target when a wipe is coming). With a 6s RC available, i expect a nerf coming to Minstrels pretty soon.
    Lol.

Why would I use that on you when I can use it on me and get a shorter cooldown on CoS and +10% outgoing healing which all but caps my outgoing healing?
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Lol.

Why would I use that on you when I can use it on me and get a shorter cooldown on CoS and +10% outgoing healing which all but caps my outgoing healing?
    Or you could grab 2 pieces of Ost Dunhoth gear and swap in so CtG affects whole fellowship

Cool Awesome

Awesome... I'd better try it when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Lol.
    because: a mini cant become immortal for 25s while taking half of the damage done the fellow while mass healing the fellowship during that interval. I really don't understand the mention of outgoing healing rating the most overstated stat ever- + 10% OHR will not increase your heals by 10%. 2-3% more heals probably, if that much. Minis are squishies that cant heal and move/kite at the same time. a mini healing more in a near wipe situation only makes the mini gets more agro and speed up the wipe, while a captain healing more during a near wipe can effectively avoid the wipe. lets face the worst case scenario: captain last stands, in harms way, RCs, rezz the tank, takes all agro and kites while spamming more 2 RCs if the mini "stupidly "choose Call the captain to greatness. mini "smartly" decided to use CtG on her/himself, takes all agro, and dies before rezzing anyone. or feign death and its a fight reset. If anyone knows of a better target for CtG in a near wipe than a captain, please explain what I am missing here? personally I have never ever seen a mini avoid a wipe after a tank falls and the group is out of insta-rezz skills, while a fallen tank for a captain is at most a nuisance, not an automatic wipe. Captains are already miles ahead of minis in near wipe situations before CtG comes into play and a Captain can handle the increased agro from healing much better, and do this without stopping healing.

because: a mini cant become immortal for 25s while taking half of the damage done the fellow while mass healing the fellowship during that interval. I really don't understand the mention of outgoing healing rating the most overstated stat ever- + 10% OHR will not increase your heals by 10%. 2-3% more heals probably, if that much. Minis are squishies that cant heal and move/kite at the same time. a mini healing more in a near wipe situation only makes the mini gets more agro and speed up the wipe, while a captain healing more during a near wipe can effectively avoid the wipe. lets face the worst case scenario: captain last stands, in harms way, RCs, rezz the tank, takes all agro and kites while spamming more 2 RCs if the mini "stupidly "choose Call the captain to greatness. mini "smartly" decided to use CtG on her/himself, takes all agro, and dies before rezzing anyone. or feign death and its a fight reset. If anyone knows of a better target for CtG in a near wipe than a captain, please explain what I am missing here? personally I have never ever seen a mini avoid a wipe after a tank falls and the group is out of insta-rezz skills, while a fallen tank for a captain is at most a nuisance, not an automatic wipe. Captains are already miles ahead of minis in near wipe situations before CtG comes into play and a Captain can handle the increased agro from healing much better, and do this without stopping healing.
    I agree that 10% extra healing in and by itself is nothing to write home about - but if you look at in the context of a critical heal it does become more potent and a worthy increase in my opinion.

That being said though, I would definitely agree with you that providing a buffer between the healer and the monsters as a Captain is a far more valuable service than an extra 10% healing would be. As I remarked in an earlier post to you - this healing/off-tank build you designed is pretty handy, and I have to say it provides a remarkable amount of security to the group. I've since come to the conclusion that it is probably the most effective style of healing captain I've seen for a situation where another healer is present, providing he/she isn't a weak healer - or a tank who struggles at controlling adds.

I really don't understand the mention of outgoing healing rating the most overstated stat ever- + 10% OHR will not increase your heals by 10%. 2-3% more heals probably, if that much.
    Minor nitpick here - +10% OGH is closer to around 6 or 7%, if you factor in criticals.

Why?

Take the base percentage of 100% for all heals, then add the percent modifiers to it, and you end up in the 150-180% range (assuming full HoH and a healing emblem - since all the healing modifiers are additive, not multiplicative).

So that 10% you see is closer to a 5% increase, when crits are factored in, slightly higher.

Depending on what your trading for it, it may/may not be worth the drop.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2