We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Decorations around toon image in top left of screen

New player, only been playing for a couple of months but this has been bothering me:

In the top left of the screen where your morale and power are displayed and the face of your toon is, some players of ornate decorations around the image of their toon. Some have flowers, some have studded rubies, etc. How does one get these on their own image, or is it something to do with what class you are?

Thanks in advance.
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Hey there and welcome to lotro

I have the studded ruby type one which I earned by doing quests in the recent Yule Festival, once I finished requirements for a deed I think it was I got it automatically. I think it was complete tier 3 of more the merrier or something like that, quest deed.

Ahh here it is

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_...rrier_(Tier_3)

Ok, so it's a reward for completing a deed?

I wonder if there's a list over what deeds give what effects? Thing is, I don't know what they're called - toon decorations? Difficult to do a search when you don't know what you're looking for!
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Frames! Great, thank you!

The others are rewards for being a long term customer. There is a one, two , three, four and five year frame available to put around your character portrait. I am expecting this year's anniversary event will introduce a six year frame.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

There are currently 6 different portrait frames available to my knowledge...

Anniversary Frames:
    Single Silver Leaf on each side: 1 year.
    Two Silver leaves on each side: 2 years.
    Three.... : 3 years.
    Four... : 4 years.
    Single Gold Leaf on each side: 5 years.

Winter Festival Frame
    Ruby studded frame (ugly imo): Reward for completing tier 3 of "More the Merrier", 120 quests in Frostbluff (Resets yearly???)

We can only assume that going forward, we'll be seeing more and more frames added... If the winter festival got a frame, we can assume that the spring festival will have our next frame, followed by the 6th anniversary... The farmers faire may or may not have one as it is not a 'classic' festival... It would also be nice to see frames rewarded out of the Ettenmoors for ranks, just as creep frames are updated.

Unfortunately, the festival frames are only going to be available to those with the most time, as with frostbluff, completing 120 quests with a maximum of 14 daily requires 8.5 days, considering festivals run for approximately 14 days, people will quickly start to get bored of them, I completed the Frostbluff deed on 3 toons so that I could get my warsteed cosmetic, unfortunately, it drained every bit of fun out of Frostbluff and made it into a chore that I hated... With the rumours about the deed resetting yearly so that you can work towards the next set of mount cosmetics and earn the 'gold' festival tokens, any progress made on other characters is null and void, so if you managed to struggle through 119 quests before the festival ended, you can not complete it the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Unfortunately, the festival frames are only going to be available to those with the most time, as with frostbluff, completing 120 quests with a maximum of 14 daily requires 8.5 days, considering festivals run for approximately 14 days, people will quickly start to get bored of them, I completed the Frostbluff deed on 3 toons so that I could get my warsteed cosmetic, unfortunately, it drained every bit of fun out of Frostbluff and made it into a chore that I hated... With the rumours about the deed resetting yearly so that you can work towards the next set of mount cosmetics and earn the 'gold' festival tokens, any progress made on other characters is null and void, so if you managed to struggle through 119 quests before the festival ended, you can not complete it the following year.
    I understand. I ignored this aspect of the Winter Festival as being a chore / grind. I did some Winter Festival activites.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Decoration updates?

I was going to create a new thread but this one seems appropriate enough; aren't these decorations supposed to update? The reason i'm asking is because I passed the 2 year mark a little under a month ago (started 6th Feb 2011), but I haven't seen an option to convert my decoration to the 2-year version as yet. Anything to do with the recent problems of character history maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    I was going to create a new thread but this one seems appropriate enough; aren't these decorations supposed to update? The reason i'm asking is because I passed the 2 year mark a little under a month ago (started 6th Feb 2011), but I haven't seen an option to convert my decoration to the 2-year version as yet. Anything to do with the recent problems of character history maybe?
    It doesn't work quite like that - the character frames are relative to when LOTRO began, rather than when your character began, so if you were around when LOTRO began, you'd get the 5 year frame, and so on. For instance, I got the 4 year frame at the anniversary, but while I am now past 5 years in LOTRO, as I was not there at the beginning I cannot get the 5 year frame - for this reason I find it unlikely that they'll add a 6th year frame, as these would only be applicable to a certain few and would result in everyone having to 'move up a notch'.

So essentially, the frames that were available to you were calculated solely based on the length of time your account had been active on the date of the festival, and this does not change.

Hope that helps
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts