We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Otringal View Post

I've leveled three to 85 so far -- a Warden, a Minstrel, and a Burglar.

I'm currently working on leveling a 63 Hunter.
    The only failure here is you failing to distinguish a point of reference (listed above) and the point of his OP and it's TOPIC (listed below)

Why are Hunters so Lameo at soloing multiple mobs????
    ^^ notice his TITLE?

Hunters suck so lame at soloing multiple mobs that is almost laughable
    ^^ Supporting statement to the topic.

Everything in between also supports the topic.

OP is leveling a Hunter. That's the basis of all those claims you are quoting so eagerly. Treating them as an introduction to some general argument about the class is - yes, yes - reading comprehension failure. Video showing off Hunter gear-capped, customized and cherry - picking scripted fight is still not proving anything in such discussion because OP is playing and complaining about something different.

Even if you discover you just have issues with OP creating general statements based on 60ish lv toon it still means nothing in terms of dubious relevancy of discussed video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post
    Sigh, nope. Apples and oranges. Single encounter versus hundreds or thousands of various fights. Cherry - picked mobs versus whatever game throws at you. Following the script versus all unexpected complications, random encounters, respawns, list goes on - when talking about thousands of fights, even a small percentage can result in a frustrating number.

Just as significant part of leveling includes ranged and tactical mobs, stuns, debuffs, spawned adds, interrupts and all you can imagine... not present in the vid. You do not cherry - pick mobs during leveling. Well, you can, but it would only prove the point.
    You seem to be suggesting that you regularly pull multiple mobs without having any idea of what to expect of them. IT should be pretty obvious to see what mobs are nearby and which will get pulled when you attack them. It only takes a little bit of thought to plan how to deal with them, and the hunter has the tools available, even without traiting yellow to handle any landscape mobs you find while levelling. If there's a mob that spawns adds, kill it first/be ready to interrupt/ stun. Ranged adds, stun or root while facing away from you or kill first. To suggest that you don't PICK the mobs you fight while leveling is absurd.

Skills have little to do with that vid unless you count basic cooldown math and tabbing among them, used in completely predictable environment. Having proper gear/traitline is also a no-brainer. Not to mention the only reason vid does not end in rez circle lies in favorable RNG, as already pointed out above. I remember hunters soloing questline boss spider in LG on-level (I think there are still posts about that somewhere, along with Helchgam marathon) - while still scripted and melee-centric it was more complicated and punishment for mistakes had less RNG to it. And yet, it still does not compare to having a half of landscape orc camp respawning in your face right when you aggro whatever previous player did not kill. Improvisation and unexpected - this is where class offers rather little and requires more of so-called skills. (yeah, hello PvMP too)
    You run into an orc camp, see it's empty and don't think that it's possible they might respawn while you're exploring. If you enter an area where you know there should be adds, the reasonable thing to do is expect them to respawn and adjust your plans accordingly, don't act surprised when they do.

Also, let's avoid being hilarious - have you actually tried using capstone Yellow for 1-85 leveling? Without dying of old age? Yeah, didn't think so. Down to vanilla CC we go. I am sure Yellow can make plenty of encounters easier. I am also sure hardly anyone cares. Finally, big part of #1 post describes entire chain of preparations - not sure what is the point of making the game even more tedious. This is the word I'd use if I was to argue with OP. Not "difficult". Unless "difficult to enjoy" perhaps. Or unless you make it difficult on your own - like treating gear/traits/other stuff as casually as many other classes can. Not just Wardens. Which kinda supports whatever point OP had in mind when mentioning alts.
    Traiting yellow capstone for levelling is not needed in anyway, and our most useful cc skills are legendary traits, not requiring yellow. Given that we really don't have any good dps legendaries anyway, slotting these while levelling is the most common sense to do. If vanilla cc includes having an 30s aoe root, 15daze, 15s fear, dazing blow, etc. Then fine, you're stuck with vanilla cc, how harsh you have it. The long chain of preparations listed is hardly needed by any stretch of the imagination unless you're purposely trying to pull 4+ mobs at a time.

Killing a single mob in landscape is a joke as a hunter, any normal non-ranged npc should never reach you, and getting the jump on a ranged add with swift bow pen shot should have it down to half morale before it even looks at you. In order to have any sense that you need to think about what you're doing you need to be pulling multiple mobs. Nothing about levelling in this game is difficult, for any class, unless you intentionally set up situations to make it that way.

The OP must be trolling >.> or using single target rotations on multiple mobs hoping to kill them fast enough.

What are your traits?!
    If you plan to ever go against many mobs at once, then trait up arrow storm and resolute aim!

My rotation against 3+ targets. Focus->swift bow->RoA->RoT->RoA spam them down every time you crit. Regular mobs should be dead by then if you stay bout 30meters away. When you don't crit with RoA then use split shot, blood arrow, pen shot, QS, or whatever you want to do for 10sec just as long as you have needful haste up with resolute aim traited.

Most mobs I've ever soloed was 8 at once in an instance, all killed after relentless RoA spam.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    I would like to say that video is a fantastic showcase of hunter cc put to fine use. However, there is not a single instance in this game in which that can be applied. If you want to impress me with hunter survival show me a video of you soloing stoneheight at 85 then I will be impressed. My warden can do it t2 in his dps gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenilie View Post
    You seem to be suggesting that you regularly pull multiple mobs without having any idea of what to expect of them. IT should be pretty obvious to see what mobs are nearby and which will get pulled when you attack them. It only takes a little bit of thought to plan how to deal with them, and the hunter has the tools available, even without traiting yellow to handle any landscape mobs you find while levelling. If there's a mob that spawns adds, kill it first/be ready to interrupt/ stun. Ranged adds, stun or root while facing away from you or kill first. To suggest that you don't PICK the mobs you fight while leveling is absurd.
    In simpler terms: you do not pick mobs you fight while leveling because if you do, you avoid those that are inconvenient. If inconvenience exists, issue exists. You certainly do not pick those mobs in the way video was created - with equipment and traits adjusted specifically for an encounter. Well, or you do - after dying few times. Then you untrait/unequip for 90% of the content because special set is just tedious.

"Regularly" is not what I am suggesting - or am I? Majority of landscape is a complete braindead slog - but it also includes thousands of fights. Therefore small percentage of unknown, new, unexpected results in hundreds. It is the only reason landscape feels interesting to me. But it might as well be a reason to become frustrated.

You run into an orc camp, see it's empty and don't think that it's possible they might respawn while you're exploring. If you enter an area where you know there should be adds, the reasonable thing to do is expect them to respawn and adjust your plans accordingly, don't act surprised when they do.
    Or it is another version of Byrgenstow and you literally can't see what is behind the corner and account for all patrols. One of few great places in RoR landscape - before red dots on map and nerfs at least - but I can also imagine how many people were pissed by that dungeon crawl. You seem to be missing the point - yes, you can plan, you can pretend you know everything, can predict everything including respawn timers and seen everything (which, if you are 85 on specific class, is pretty much true). The result is tedious process some other classes are hardly expected to involve. If my Guard can facepull whole camps in Overpower and solo on-level Angmar fellowship content with some retraiting, I can certainly get used to an autopilot during leveling. Then I imagine myself leveling a hunter for the first time and going "wth?" in the same spots.

Traiting yellow capstone for levelling is not needed in anyway, and our most useful cc skills are legendary traits, not requiring yellow. Given that we really don't have any good dps legendaries anyway, slotting these while levelling is the most common sense to do. If vanilla cc includes having an 30s aoe root, 15daze, 15s fear, dazing blow, etc. Then fine, you're stuck with vanilla cc, how harsh you have it. The long chain of preparations listed is hardly needed by any stretch of the imagination unless you're purposely trying to pull 4+ mobs at a time.
    Of course it is not needed, neither it is engaging, we have blandness of Yellow to thank for that. The point is, without capstoning Yellow you have no way of locking out multiple mobs for significant amount of time *except* if they are cherry-picked and do not include ranged/tactical/spawning etc etc. That alone makes all examples like that video irrelevant as you are down to "mobs that can hit me for a while, I don't care" not to mention you still have to finish Bard/DS/Bard inductions in time.

Which, again, means only landscape meatshields and predictable situations. No, not every situation is predictable, that piece OP complained about where number of mobs increases instead of decreasing is a good example. If Hunter runs away from the fight as "adjustment to the situation" it is just avoiding embarassing dread and rez circle, something like using old version of DF in Moors and claiming "but fight was not lost!". If you have to run and other classes don't, some people can eventually feel frustrated.

Killing a single mob in landscape is a joke as a hunter, any normal non-ranged npc should never reach you, and getting the jump on a ranged add with swift bow pen shot should have it down to half morale before it even looks at you. In order to have any sense that you need to think about what you're doing you need to be pulling multiple mobs. Nothing about levelling in this game is difficult, for any class, unless you intentionally set up situations to make it that way.
    Pretty much. I don't think anything is locking any class from leveling through landscape at this point - and if even few people complain it is, you get nerfs all the way. Doesn't mean there is no potential to feel frustrated/bored by tedious process in a meaningful number of places. It is also a reason places like old Byrgenstow shine in comparison to the rest - until nerfed into oblivion. Still, the more you go back into older leveling zones, the more options you get, ie. actual non-solo content on landscape. Our ability to make stupid choices increases significantly.
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Mar 01 2013 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    <3

Once you get the hang of STH t2 you can nail it down like Pat has shown. Takes some work, but the only problem is the last boss, which the stuns can get to you if you don't gear properly.

Ferthcott already covered this perfectly so here is a final analogy of how ridiculous that link is. Imagine this conversation :

Person A :The concept of a Rambo is highly unrealistic. It is nigh impossible for a guy to single handedly take out an entire military base. That's why it only happens in a movie.
    Person B : Nonsense. Check out this link. *Link shows a TaeKwanDo blackbelt single handedly taking out 8 or 10 men in a row.*
    Person A : Yeah but that blackbelt carefully chose that situation to maximize his own effectiveness while minimizing his vulnerablility. You CAN'T pick and choose your enemies when assaulting a military base.
    Person B : What do you mean?
    Person A : The men that blackbelt were fighting were not wearing armor. They followed the rules and etiquette of TKD, and most important of all, none of them were armed with guns.
    Person B : Pffft! That's dumb. That video is PROOF that a person can easily assault a military base. If you can't do it, you need to learn how to fight better you noob.

Again, just because people climbed Mt. Everest it does not follow that Mt. Everest is not high, or dangerous, or very difficult to climb.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    /facepalm.
    Your sarcasm detection system is failing... Added "Sarcasm" quotations for clarification purposes.

If the mob is ccable the hunter can solo it. You should have no issue soloing several normal mobs at once even without cc. Will we ever be able to solo like a warden? No but landscape mobs are easy enough that you should have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDena View Post
    Imagine this conversation :

Person A :The concept of a Rambo is highly unrealistic. It is nigh impossible for a guy to single handedly take out an entire military base. That's why it only happens in a movie.
    Person B : Nonsense. Check out this link. *Link shows a TaeKwanDo blackbelt single handedly taking out 8 or 10 men in a row.*
    Person A : Yeah but that blackbelt carefully chose that situation to maximize his own effectiveness while minimizing his vulnerablility. You CAN'T pick and choose your enemies when assaulting a military base.
    Person A : The men that blackbelt were fighting were not wearing armor. They followed the rules and etiquette of TKD, and most important of all, none of them were armed with guns.
    Person B : Pffft! That's dumb. That video is PROOF that a person can easily assault a military base. If you can't do it, you need to learn how to fight better you noob.
    Extremely inaccurate analogy. The hunter class is what OP accuses for being weak. And there are two videos showing a hunter class performing exceptionaly well plus dosen of players withnessing their disagreement with OPs statement.
    High DPS, higher range, very high avoidances and at lvl63 (as OP states) a lot of CC options... I don't understand how could someone repeatedly fail with those options on his side ?

MY WARDEN

would have wiped all those pissant mobs off her behind

Hunters suck so lame at soloing multiple mobs that is almost laughable.
    This is really amusing. Why do you compare a Hunter to a Warden? A class which specializes on the single-target dps to the tanking class with high survivability and self-heals? Why don't you compare hunter to a minstrel, who has even better self-healing and some outstanding AoE skills? Or what is wrong in comparison of a hunter and a burglar in relation to their AoE skills?

I leveled 7 classes. I was impressed by hunter's AoE capabilities - both solo and in groups. In fact, they are much higher than I was expecting from an archer-class.
    Ishtarien - Captain 105
    Ishtarel - HNT 105 / Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Lunasa - MNS 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by MightyKOko View Post
    I don't understand how could someone repeatedly fail with those options on his side ?
    This has already been explained by several people. I'll say it simply again : The video is an excellent demonstration on how to use cc's on non-ranged mobs that aren't immuned to your traps, dazes and fears. That is a highly specific situation that simply does not represent how the average mobs in instances or even landscape, the most telling differnce is that the person in the video chose to do this to trolls which don't have ranged attacks, which already does not reflect half of all mobs in existence not tto mention any of the other facts such as he was traited exactly appropriate for THAT particular fight, starts off with a dozen buffs/scrolls/token, and he was hovering at being one-shot if the mobs would just crit/dev him one more time. If a person discounts that, one has but to look at the start of the fight where he was buff to the max and whack! one hit by a mob and he was already down 25% of his morale before he even got his first shot off. If that's not telling of how squishy he is even with a dozen buffs I don't know what is.

Ferthcott already covered this perfectly so here is a final analogy of how ridiculous that link is. Imagine this conversation :

Again, just because people climbed Mt. Everest it does not follow that Mt. Everest is not high, or dangerous, or very difficult to climb.
    My search-fu is weak. I could not find the story where during a rescue mission a single soldier was left behind at a terrorist base. I hoped to find the story again to give an accurate body count, but the gist of the story was that this single soldier decided to attack while alone in hostile territory. He killed everyone he came into contact with and the only way to stop him was for the terrorists to destroy their own buildings with rpgs.

While seaching for the above story, I found http://www.cracked.com/article_17019...ike-&&&&&.html which has a particularly impressive 705 credited kills to a single lone soldier. That's more impressive than Rambo ever was. Then, since I hit Cracked, I stayed there for several hours and found a couple more in the same vein.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18810...story-war.html
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19260...hem-angry.html
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18429...erminator.html
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19726...d-to-kill.html
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19472...-paycheck.html

Just because people can climb Mt. Everest it does not mean that Mt. Everest isn't tall, or dangerous, or extremely difficult to climb.

You know what I saw in that video? A hunter who hovered on the verge of death who was LUCKY to not get crit/dev. A single crit/dev and it means there would be no such video. He traited/spec'd himself for that situation, choosing enemies that don't ignore traps, aren't immuned to fear and aren't immuned to daze. Notice how even with ALL kinds of buffs before the combat started a single hit and he was down 25% of his morale before he even got his first shot off. Then for the next 15 minutes he spent who knows how much consumables in the form of traps and pots. His health was on the verge of getting killed by one more hit multiple times. Again he was lucky that the mobs didn't crit or dev him. I saw someone very skilled at using traps but also very lucky to not get finished off. But you know whats the biggest thing stacked in his favor? Unlike many mobs those trolls don't have any ranged attack. Can you imagine if this is even remotely possible when mobs are shooting back? He'd be dead in seconds and all his traps wouldn't mean a thing. Its an impressive demonstration on how to cc mobs that don't range back and aren't immune to any of his cc. It says absolutely nothing about how vulnerable hunters are.
    If some of the mobs have ranged attacks...kill them first, or CC them with things that are not roots.

Consider a guard complaining about low dps, and you found out that he was traited and geared for tanking, using a 1 handed weapon with tanking legacies and threat stance. You could then post a video of a guard traited and geared for dps, using a 2 handed weapon, with dps legacies running in Overpower stance. The person complaining about low dps should not point out that the guard
    He traited/spec'd himself for that situation
    because that is exactly the point! It's possible to do things if you trait for them and difficult if you don't.

//Edit:
    That is a highly specific situation that simply does not represent how the average mobs in instances or even landscape, the most telling differnce is that the person in the video chose to do this to trolls which ((he allowed to hit him before taking any defensive or offensive action))
    Fixed that for you. The fact that he was down 25% in one hit, and still managed to survive...means the opposite of what you said. He was down to 75% health before starting to shoot back. Just let that sink in. Very rarely should anything be able to 'sneak up on you' during the normal course of leveling or running any instance. So that means that you'll almost always get the first shot in. Thus, you'll be better off than this guy was.
    Last edited by Elfedlied; Mar 02 2013 at 08:11 AM.

Damn now that's nit picking!!

I'll sum it up for you: The conditions met while leveling and the conditions showed in the posted videos are different. Therefore you can't use the videos as the perfect illustration for the leveling phase.

Both have common elements- they're both fruits, but in the end it's still different apples and oranges...

OK, Let's start out by saying that I've been playing this game for over five years,
    started in beta and am a life account in Lotro.

Lordy, what a drag that is . . .

The hunter huffs and puffs -- (Oh First, make sure you have Strength Stance,

Now, eat some food,

Now, use some more consumables,

oh remember, fire/light oils,

oh remember, bow chants,

oh right, get extra This and That,

La de Da)

NOW > > > > Lay a Trap

Huff & Puff some more --

THEN!! TA DA!! Shoot -- Pew--Pew--Pew

AND THEN . . . ALL OF A SUDDEN . . .

There are 2,

no . . . 3,

no . . . . 4 mobs

ALL OVER YOU,

Now KITE, KITE, KITE, Run you weasel Run Run Run.

Oh NOOOOOO, you stumble, you can't move anymore, Oh Noose!

And you Fight and Struggle, and then

YOU DIE.

Lordy.

MY WARDEN

would have wiped all those pissant mobs off her behind

in 13.9 seconds and been on her way, Without breaking a sweat.

Hunters suck so lame at soloing multiple mobs that is almost laughable

However, it is soooo sad.

Nerf puppies, that is what Hunters are:

NERF PUPPIES.
    Sorry, OP, but if as a Hunter you can't take 3-4 (or even 5-6) non-elite, on level mobs while leveling, then it's not the class that is "lameo", but it's you that need more practice with it.

You have to do it a different way than you'd do it with a Warden, Mini or Burg, but it's perfectly doable with a Hunter.

And this is coming from a Hunter whose CC skills are Set Trap, Dazing Blow, Distracting Shot and Cry of the Hunter. I haven't been running with Rain of Thorns for PvE for a little while now, and I never trait Bard's Arrow.

So I'd suggest that you take your time and practice a little more. As I said, it's a different class and so a different fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfedlied View Post
    If some of the mobs have ranged attacks...kill them first, or CC them with things that are not roots.
    Of course. Which implies that had the mobs been ranged there would be no such video people his cc without root would be INADEQUATE to keep those 3 ranged mobs from killing him. Thanks for just demonstrating my exact point.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfedlied View Post
    because that is exactly the point! It's possible to do things if you trait for them and difficult if you don't.
    ...which is showing the exact OPPOSITE of what you think, because you don't and can't choose and pick who your opponents are in instances/raids/skirmishes. Unless one advocates that hunters is just fine when we retrait our slots exactly for the next fight and do so over and over. Rrrright.
    Last edited by LadyDena; Mar 06 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Been leveling a F2P hunter lately. Only has one legendary slot (Rain of Thorns). I seem to do ok with 3 or even 4 on-level landscape mobs. Mine is 67 now, but helps having 2nd age weaponry (either 60 or 65 when you get there), and decent armor (mine is Lothlorien level 60 med or Volume III rewards). I little bit of a game plan is needed for some mixes of ranged/melee but there is no way you can categorize the hunter as 'lameo'. You just need to know which skills to use effectively.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Treating them as an introduction to some general argument about the class is - yes, yes - reading comprehension failure.
    Simply refer to my post right above this one for clarification. You see, in school you learn about the relationship between your title and your subject matter. Had this been an exercise in such a case, you would have gotten your paper back with lots of red markings all over it with an "F" because you, as a matter of fact, are the one having reading comprehension failure (to use your phrase).

Treating them as an introduction to some general argument about the class...
    ...LOL...yes, one more time for emphasis...CHECK THE TITLE, SON! Any mention of "leveling" is only given as a backdrop to the story that he MUST tell so that you can understand why he is declaring that (yes, here's the title again) "Why are Hunters so Lameo at soloing multiple mobs????"

One last thing: check the name of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Samurai7 View Post
    You see, in school you learn about the relationship between your title and your subject matter. Had this been an exercise in such a case, you would have gotten your paper back with lots of red markings all over it with an "F" because you, as a matter of fact, are the one having reading comprehension failure (to use your phrase).
    Except OP did not provide anything comparable to a school paper, thesis, or whatever related and treating it as such is yet another failure. He/she is just complaining. Edit: or trolling, who knows at this point.

You sound like you would love to just argue against the title with OP - hey, you are free to do so. Hint: 5 words are pretty much all you need.

"They are better after leveling".

Whatever generalization title includes, you are praising examples to the contrary that have little to do with what OP saw, played, experienced and based his opinion on. In short: context. Arguing with the title, knowing perfectly well OP had no basis to generalize, is ignoring the actual issue OP shows (limited perspective) while countering perceived one (generalization) with a video that requires the same lacking perspective to fully utilize. Reading comprehension issue is a nice option at this point - as purposefully ignoring the context can smell much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Samurai7 View Post
    ...LOL...yes, one more time for emphasis...CHECK THE TITLE, SON! Any mention of "leveling" is only given as a backdrop to the story that he MUST tell so that you can understand why he is declaring that (yes, here's the title again) "Why are Hunters so Lameo at soloing multiple mobs????"
    So basically it didn't occur to you that "leveling" was more valuable information for a reader than a hyperbolic complaint based on it. Is "winning" in an argument against OP enough to satisfy you in this thread? That would at least explain this entire convo.
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Mar 12 2013 at 05:13 PM.

I have to admit, I think this is a first for me. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about a hunter being hard to level. Just the opposite in fact. And, if you regularly play a warden I can see why you'd be put off by a hunter's so-called "lack of survivability" especially if you're trying to play a single target ranged class as a tank, it's not what we do.

And for the life of me, I cannot understand why you would try compare the two. It's a totally different play style. Go compare a Warden to a Guardian, no small debate there. Or an RK to Mini for healing or and RK to a Hunter for DPS.

As a hunter we can, and have, dealt with multi-mob scenarios. But wherein a tanking class goes toe-to-toe with those mobs, a ranged class trying to take on 4 or so on-level mobs or higher in melee is simply not done. That is not how the class is played. There is a reason why the class has a 40m range and even when not traited CC *still* has basic CC skills. A hunter is not a melee class and to play it as such is a mistake.

Leveling a hunter is easy, playing the class correctly is not. You have to use your head. Knowing what NOT to do, and when, is just as important as going all out DPS.

Except OP did not provide anything comparable to a school paper, thesis, or whatever related and treating it as such is yet another failure. He/she is just complaining. Edit: or trolling, who knows at this point.

You sound like you would love to just argue against the title with OP - hey, you are free to do so. Hint: 5 words are pretty much all you need.

"They are better after leveling".

Whatever generalization title includes, you are praising examples to the contrary that have little to do with what OP saw, played, experienced and based his opinion on. In short: context. Arguing with the title, knowing perfectly well OP had no basis to generalize, is ignoring the actual issue OP shows (limited perspective) while countering perceived one (generalization) with a video that requires the same lacking perspective to fully utilize. Reading comprehension issue is a nice option at this point - as purposefully ignoring the context can smell much worse.

So basically it didn't occur to you that "leveling" was more valuable information for a reader than a hyperbolic complaint based on it. Is "winning" in an argument against OP enough to satisfy you in this thread? That would at least explain this entire convo.
    Listen. You sound intelligent and you articulate well. Even though we are at odds regarding the positions we take based on the OP I still respect a person like you for being able to make and defend your case. I feel as though this sporting endeavor of ours may have wandered a bit away from what is helpful, though, regarding the OP and those who read it, so in that spirit I will tip my hat and sign off of this thread. I have a feeling we will cross blades yet again somewhere down the line.
    Until next time, my friend...
    /salute

Well, it is a decent solution considering OP is long gone and had no interest in anything beyond venting so far, so I don't know what are we even arguing for at this point. Especially when pretty much everyone here thinks that OP is simply wrong.

/wanders off to avoid harmful effect of everyone being in agreement

imo...

No reason to cry about how much you suck at the hunter class or it sucks,cause you like swords over bows,we all if not most have played and never,never had that kinda problem, ...all day long...and am sure u can watch other hunters do aswell,sometimes it just takes longer,but i never pull more then i feel like putting time in to kill..3 at most..i like it fast and easy...thats why i stayed a hunter.

and imo all the classes in this game suck its sad, but hunter.

with all the aggro you seem to get while out in the world,you should be playing your warden trying to kill something fast warden..lol or a champ or a mini

here is how i felt lving a few classes then a hunter.

1)champ runs into 3 mobs around a fire....kills them,maybe drank a pot took about 4mins,maybe longer, felt like "when is this troll gonna die,damn 2 more to kill.....uhhh maybe i'll pull two at a time next time."(looks up stats and rotations to make sure am playing this DPS class right,looks into buffs i may need to kill faster asks kin so hows champ at end game.) 60lvs later
    runs back into 2 mobs,feels like omg when is this troll gonna die,uhh 2 more.Gets to the 15th slayer deed 0/300...gags,pukes,swallows,logs off....comes back a year later..over lvs slayer deeds or skips them for the rest of the toons life./made into crafter alt later on.

2) capt....nuff said../deleted

3) warden....nuff said /crafter alt

4( hunter.....not even close....next!....all day. felt like i killed 10 to their 4. skipped whole areas by chain killing same lv or low lv to grind/deeds,missed alot of quests ..crafted missed more quests,to low to even bother....Traps....umm depends,bow chants..umm depends,oils cheap and i used alot but not the fire to much less it was low lvs i grinded for hides so on etc.. Rolled a alt hunter to crafter woodworker,main was a talior.

5) never played another..why...nuff said

and if anything changed besides gear,i never care,cause their is no way i would ever play something else in this game but maybe a burgla and just buy slayer deed buffs from the shop cause their is just no way i can ever repeat all the stuff i got done with just layer deeds on another toon EVER ,melle combat is just to clunky and poop stick, once you hit cap(end game) its pretty much end of the game,unless you like to repeat forever till xpacs,not me,i go play my other mmo.Nuff said.You can play your warden and go on a aggro mob killing spree and make a 15min vid and post for us hunter to laugh at,
    Last edited by Capocurtis; Mar 29 2013 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2