We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth5052002 View Post
    Oh man thank you so much everyone for real! Everything has been super helpful and I am now working on getting my legendary traits. For some reason Staff and sword just wont drop and its the one i cant wait to get!

I am also working on my virtues, but I think I may need to grind some out because it feels like I am getting wrecked if I fight more then one mob in Angmar. What level were your virtues when you were 39 (if you remember of course).

Question about sword and staff, do we become like combat monsters? I am picturing this awesome warrior mage that can burn and fight through any monster toe to toe.
    Virtues at level 39? In all honesty I couldn't tell you what mine were. They do have an impact on your character, but not enough to go out of your way while leveling. Obviously do every Quest, lore or explorer deed you can. Slayer deeds? Some you'll finish as you go along, or get close enough to complete easily.

That said, having had a quick look. By now, you could get:

Compassion -- 6
    Idealism -- 6
    Innocence -- 6
    Wisdom 6-7

Based on what is available by that point. There are pretty much no slayer deeds there. Some require doing the explorer etc deeds in a second starter area

Valour and Zeal are a bit different as its nothing but slayer deeds. In theory you could have opened up about 8, considering a bunch are early/easy ones, so you should be able to get half a dozen without a grind.

Sword and staff certainly ups the badass quotient, but in the end it doesn't take away the fact we are a light armour class with all the squishiness that goes with it.
    Last edited by Carolas; Mar 07 2013 at 12:07 PM.

You guys are now my new heroes! So I was doing a few things wrong.

1) Did not have herb lore trained, duh!
    2) Did not have my traits slotted and they were really &&&&&& like 1s and 2s.

I trained herb lore and worked on my traits and WOW what a difference. I just hit level 40 and trained staff and sword and now look freaken awesome.

New question, should I grind out my legendary traits in Angmar and Misty Mountains or wait until the drop all over in Moria? Also I was reading about legendary weapons and was wondering would I gimp myself if i choose the cool down on staff strike first? That and burning embers are my favorite moves.

Gotta say, I've been playing a LM for a while and this thread REALLY gave me some pointers as well. Big thanks to all the folks willing to share info!
    [URL="http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=110021"]My ExtraLife page![/URL] Play for the Kids!!!

"[URL="http://swiftsunrise.wordpress.com/"]A Swift Sunrise"[/URL] -- (Relaunched!) My LOTRO blog featuring story entries on characters, Commentary, RP and screenshots.

[LEFT]
    [/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Seth5052002 View Post
    New question, should I grind out my legendary traits in Angmar and Misty Mountains or wait until the drop all over in Moria? Also I was reading about legendary weapons and was wondering would I gimp myself if i choose the cool down on staff strike first? That and burning embers are my favorite moves.
    Since I'm in the 'don't grind until you have to' camp, I'm going to say don't bother grinding (yet). Legendary pages drop off any humanoid critters in the right areas, and your second slot doesn't open up until 45. I'd just quest and see what drops until you hit 45. If you have not got the trait by then, then it is worth grinding the last few pages. There are a few good spots, if it becomes necessary, most people can tell you where. -- By the way, remember Forochel and Eregion also drop pages. Since the 3rd slot doesn't open until 58, you are going to be worrying more about capstones than pages by then.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Book_Pages

Is good for matching pages with places.

LIs? --Do the epic volume 2 prologue at level 45. It opens up the whole system. As far as legacies go, the 'want to do damage' thread below has some fun opinions (I'm right of course ) -- the bottom line is that if you melee, staff strike cooldown should be priority 2. Only Tactical skills damage is more useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2