We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best armour for PVMP raid healer?

I've returned to the game after a long break and I'm not likely to be doing much PvE group or end-game raiding as it's too much of a time-sink for me.
    Now I've got lvl 85 I intend to try to get back to Ettenmoors now and again for some Ettens raid-healing as this is more fluid & easier to leave at short notice without affecting other players.

I have a guild mastery/T8 jeweller and tailor so to start with, have been crafting guild jewellery & armour while I start on Hytbold.

I was going to aim for Watcher of resolve gear (as I trait mostly red for solo pve, mostly blue for Ettens healing & don't seem to have ever collected many yellow traits)

Looking at the stats though, the Hytbold armour doesn't seem a HUGE amount different to the crafted Eomer tailor's guild armour. I will still work on rebuilding Hytbold for all sorts of other reasons, but am wondering if it's worth the grind for a smallish increase in stats over the crafted armour.

Am I missing something?

Also, same thing with the crafted jewellery vs the LLG jewellery. I can see LLG is better, but not sure it's worth grinding the rep for if I have the Eomer crafted jewellery?

I'm curious to know what other Minstrel PVMP raid-healers have chosen or are aiming to wear for their armour and jewellery and if they have any favourite traits or favourite Hytbold version of the minstrel armour.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been gone? From the sound of it, it's been a while since you're trying to pick between a couple non-Moors sets to PvMP. Wearing Moors gear is a must nowadays due to the addition of Audacity. (http://archive.lotro.com/news/1788-u...-pvmp-audacity should give you a decent background on it.)

In the meantime, I would definitely recommend the Hytbold armour over crafted. Should only take you ~10 days to get if you plan out your rebuilds carefully enough (http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ing-and-Armour) and the 10% healing set bonus is a really nice one to have. (I hear the yellow set isn't that bad either.) Set bonuses in general will usually outdo armour with no set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long have you been gone?
    Two years

Came back briefly to level through ROI but didn't stay.
    I have so much to do.....

Thanks for the links, much appreciated.
    The audacity thing passed me by so I need to read up on that. Also on newfangled commendations.
    I sat down the other day with pen and paper and figured out which bits of Hytbold needed my attention first so hopefully won't take too long to get the set

Quote Originally Posted by Shiona View Post
    I've returned to the game after a long break and I'm not likely to be doing much PvE group or end-game raiding as it's too much of a time-sink for me.
    Now I've got lvl 85 I intend to try to get back to Ettenmoors now and again for some Ettens raid-healing as this is more fluid & easier to leave at short notice without affecting other players.

I have a guild mastery/T8 jeweller and tailor so to start with, have been crafting guild jewellery & armour while I start on Hytbold.

I was going to aim for Watcher of resolve gear (as I trait mostly red for solo pve, mostly blue for Ettens healing & don't seem to have ever collected many yellow traits)

Looking at the stats though, the Hytbold armour doesn't seem a HUGE amount different to the crafted Eomer tailor's guild armour. I will still work on rebuilding Hytbold for all sorts of other reasons, but am wondering if it's worth the grind for a smallish increase in stats over the crafted armour.

Am I missing something?

Also, same thing with the crafted jewellery vs the LLG jewellery. I can see LLG is better, but not sure it's worth grinding the rep for if I have the Eomer crafted jewellery?

I'm curious to know what other Minstrel PVMP raid-healers have chosen or are aiming to wear for their armour and jewellery and if they have any favourite traits or favourite Hytbold version of the minstrel armour.
    Generally speaking one doesn't want to wear any PvE armor in PvP. The desirable (in that it has Audacity) PvP armor is gotten through PvP (a sort of you need it to get it situation). It also has abysmal stats, so you enjoy that.

Reason no. 317 why audacity is stupid.

So even though the stats on the pvmp audacity armour are "abysmal" you still need THAT pvmp armour for Ettens, because you need the audacity above all else?

OK, so be it. Something to work for I suppose.

Re the commendations - I read that when commendations are shared on a group kill, healers get a share too if they have healed a player that contributed to the kill.
    Does it feel as though commendations build up at the same rate for all classes when in a raid/group? Do healing minstrels do OK in terms of gathering commendations purely from raid/group healing?
    (Leaving solo pvp out of it as that's really down to the individual and how they play.)

Healers in the moors do really well with acquiring commendations/renown. You no longer have to heal a group member to get credit for a kill, meaning you can heal someone outside your group and get credit
    Third Marshal Iriella-1-85 Minstrel
    Master-at-Arms Evello-85 Runekeeper
    Dwarrowdelf

What they say is true. Audacity is a must in the moors. You will be spotted quickly when you show up without it and targeted repeatedly because you will be an easy kill. Read up on it so you understand why and how it affects incoming damage and CC/knockdown/stun duration.

I strolled out into the moors after being gone on freep side for a long time, too. Hybrid Hytbold Watcher/Song Protector set, boasting near 2600 WILL and over 35k TM unbuffed...but no audacity. I thought I was going to wreck stuff in the moors. NOPE!
    I was quickly humbled. Believe me you need the moors gear to survive. And even though the stats aren't as nice as the Hytbold stuff, you make up for it by the buffs you get in the moors from owning certain OP's and keeps. When I'm out there my TM is usually between 38k and 42k because of those buffs, and that's WITH the lower stats on the moors gear.

Now, if you're going to heal PvE stuff then the Hytbold sets are top notch. And at first you won't have a choice BUT to use it in the moors until you have at least 2 moors pieces (might as well swap out a line bonus FOR a line bonus, right?) There's more, too. You'll need more comm's but you can get moors jewelry that, again, is not quite as nice as the crafted stuff STAT wise but has some nice line bonuses and "clicky" uses for removing up to 3 poisons when facing OP spiders. Anyway...hope that helps.

Helps a lot, thank you!

Yeah audacity is a must for moors healing. I normaly go 4y/3b with FH, rally and CoW. For armor I heal with harmonious. It makes SoS remove one disease/poison/wound/fear effect every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. So when a spider raid is stacking DoTs on someone it helps. For jewelery you can use level 80 crafted will earings, level 85 vit/tact mit necklace and pocket, level 85 will bracelets and the 2 moors rings. For a cloak i would go with level 85 tact mit clock if you still need some more mitigations or will one. This stuff is all eaily obatainable and works fine.

A bit late to this thread.

I've been in the moors a few times since the launch of Rohan but not since update 10. PVMP healing is a great way to earn comms but be aware EVERY creep will make you their first target since

a) you're inherently squishy
    b) you are stopping them killing Freeps, hence earning INF
    c) you have no audacity

expect to die loads, unless you only come out when the odds are massively in Freep's favour and sit at the back of the zerg, and heal melee types if they come to you for topping off.

To this end i'd say the Hytbold set is probably a waste of effort, you want morale, mitigations and perhaps incoming healing/evade. Hybold has good Will/Fate but you can get higher morale etc with crafted gear, the odd quest reward, and items bartered with silver tokens outside the Sutcrofts mead hall. Think there's a couple of high morale pieces on the BG set that comes from skirmish camp too.

I went in with 2 pieces of PVP gear (audacity 5), 14,200 morale and physical/tactical mitigation at 40%. Here's a video of the result -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OMGNgAK_2g

Since update 10, i bartered 2 more PVP pieces, now on audacity 9, but my morale drops to 12k as a result. Goes back up to 14 with the field promotion buff @ rank 6.