We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Not advancing beyond proficiency at Expert Scholar level

Hey everybody. I'm having a problem right now gaining proficiency at the Expert Scholar level (tier 3).

I just got enough materials to advance to proficiency at that stage, but the XP meter froze at 360/360. At all the previous tiers once I filled the proficiency XP bar I was able to work toward mastery and use optional ingredients to enhance crit chance. Not so right now.

I have crafted a couple of Scrolls of Battle Lore since freezing at 360/360 and I haven't gotten any craft XP. Worse still, the yellow mastery bar has not appeared and the section at the bottom of the screen for optional mats is still unusable.

Am I missing something here, or have I hit some kind of wall?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share on this. Quite honestly, I'm stuck!

Arrow

I think I found the problem... there was a quest to complete. /facepalm

Sorry for the unnecessary thread, everyone. I kind of panicked.

Upon unlocking T4 crafting, every producing profession is allowed to use superior facilities. This is done via a short quest which gets available upon hitting 360/360 on T3 crafting from a nearby profession vendor.

Not advancing beyond proficiency at Expert Scholar level

Yes but not your fault Handallas as the game does not exactly prompt you that the quest is required once you reach this crafting proficiency. When I first reached this I was at a loss initially also to understand what was going on. Perhaps one day the Devs will fix this little quirk with some in-game direction in the crafting panel to tell you to seek out your relevant crafting trainer.

The game did prompt you for this quest at one time. It is only after they added the last two tiers to it that it stopped doing so. Hopefully they will fix it again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000011ac4b/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]